road/street racing geek

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    We call them an "*******."
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2003
    That? Have no name for the car, but the owner's a redneck, a.k.a. a hillbilly. a hick. etc.
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited December 2003
    I guess that damn hood is pretty popular...
    edited December 2003
    This is the Supra i love so dearly...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Ah yes, the Castrol rally series Supra. I'm in love with that one too.
    edited December 2003
    this is sooo nice... Tom's Castrol GT rules on GT 1...
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    The TCS makes the JGTC Supras and their overwhelming power controllable in GT3, but they still can't hang with the Toyota, Nissan, or Mazda Le Mans cars. That 787B is pretty devastating to anything below the formula cars.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    TheBaron, you would be one to talk about rice. You drive a red hatchback Civic and I've seen some of the sh!t you're planning.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited December 2003
    :Pwned:
    edited December 2003
    man, u all really know how to f(_)(k up a wet dream:hrm:
    edited December 2003
    ok, enough of my bad 'tude...
    i was getting my arse handed to me by a Ford Falcon... Skyline (R32) wasn't getting the job done in the French mountains... picked the smaller Opel and smashed that Falcon... yahhhh. I didn't like the 350z or the RX-8, but I thought the Toyota MR-S was very smooth.

ok, pick one... MR-2 Turbo vs Mitsu EVO VII vs Mustang SVT
    edited December 2003
    MR-2. Mid-engine, lightweight, fairly fast.

The SVT is *almost* a joke. I don't like regular mustangs all that much, and except for the new supercharged Cobra, the SVT version isn't all that much better.

The Evo is just too heavy and unbalanced to keep up with the MR-2
    edited December 2003
    If you're talking about GT3...all of the american cars are a joke.
    edited December 2003
    whew, thank goodness, I thought it was just me... MR-2 is decent, the SVT is awful, and Los Americanos rides are just (like panzerkw says) "a joke"... yep, love me some GT3.

ok, how about the WRX vs IS300 vs AUDI TT?
    edited December 2003
    WRX stomps on both.

EDIT: Seriously, when you win one of the Formula cars, nothing else in the game can touch you. Until you try the Formula GT championship. That is one of the most serious racing game challenges I've ever dealt with.
    edited December 2003
    my closest cousin and I love road racing games... GT series and NSU (he got it for his b-day 2 weeks ago)... he likes the F1 cars on GT3 the most... I have to learn how to control those cars.

which is best, Toyota prototype race vs F1 car on gt3?
    edited December 2003
    Like I said, nothing can touch any of the F1 cars, even the super Le Mans cars (Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390, Mazda 787B, etc).

Not counting the F1 cars, which are in a class by themselves, the Toyota F1 is probably the 2nd fastest car in the game behind the 787B.

EDIT: Probably THE fastest car in the entire game is the F094/S, a stunning F1 car that I also believed has the highest resale value in the game ($875,000). Once you master this beast even the other F1 cars are cake in Formula GT. It does take a little time to get it though because it's touchy. But that touchiness is what makes it so fast on the circuit.

Top speed wise it can't hang really (mine maxes out at 215MPH on a circuit setup) but it can make turns 20-50MPH faster than any other non-F1 car, and it's acceleration is amazing.

More EDIT:

Just to show an example, I'm gonna take my Toyota GT One and F094/S on Tokyo R246 and show the time differences, brb
    edited December 2003
    I cant wait to win a F1 racer... my cousin said the thing u did, "... nothing can touch you in a F1..." I used to have F1 championship for PS1... long time ago.

I like the WRX, but I love the Skyline... love at first drive in GT1... but I lust the Porsche 911 turbo!:rarr:
    edited December 2003
    hmmmm, very interesting... must try a F1.

ok, American rides... viper vs vette?
    edited December 2003
    I did some quick 5 lap races at Tokyo R246 with the Toyota GT One and the F094/S,

Both were done with the cars at their stock power settings,

Toyota 651bhp - best 1:29:406 top speed 191mph

F094/S 812bhp - best 1:14:799 top speed 214mph

Viper vs Vette, Viper wins because of it's higher power and cleaner lines, and fatter tires.
    edited December 2003
    Z06. It handles better than the Viper does, and it can be tweaked to about the same horsepower the viper will tweak to.
    edited December 2003
    Hrm, I'm going to have to take both cars to Laguna Seca and see for myself, cause the Z06 should get stomped by the Viper (speaking of the stock vehicles), brb...
    edited December 2003
    I don't think so. I've always liked the Z06 better. It's much happier being driven fast. The viper is fast in a straight line, but turning is a no-go. The Corvette practically lives for corners.

//Edit
    You also might try the Mercedes... I don't remember which ones (except the CL600) are in GTA3, but I can tell you this:
    Push it really hard, and it'll respond. In my experience, both in real life and in racing simulations, Mercedes respond very well to being pushed. They don't seem like they're as capable as they really are.

However, none of the 'Benzes in the game will keep up with a Z06 or a Viper, I don't think.
    edited December 2003
    vette handles well? pffff, puh_leez. i mean, dont get me wrong, de+roi+ muscle is king... but everytime i raced a viper against a vette in gt3, the viper kicked the snot out of the vette... at laguna, the special stage route courses, test track was close because they both can flat out run... viper is quicker.

Euro rides... not a big fan of the Benz... BMWs are aight... RUF is king!
    edited December 2003
    ze... the vette handles extraordinarily well. Far better, in fact, than the Skyline. The problem is that most people can't control the 'Vette (or the viper, for that matter)

Power-on oversteer is your friend. The problem is that most people have a much harder time controlling oversteer than they do understeer. Learn to get the 'Vette to oversteer in a controlled fashion, and you'll have no trouble keeping up with a Skyline GTR-V.
    edited December 2003
    Ok, Laguna Seca, racing both cars straight from the shop using grip racing:

Corvette Z06: best 1:33.843
    Viper GTS: best 1:34.018

Midfield Raceway

Corvette: 1:22.685
    Viper: 1:21.951

Conclusion: The Viper didn't stomp on the Corvette. The Corvette is much more agile, but the Viper is a tad faster on acceleration to top speed.

And for giggles, here's the F094/S times:

Laguna: 1:02.851
    Midfield: 0:54.952

Untouchable.
    edited December 2003
    Stock, yeah... the Viper is a bit faster. That Corvette will put out like 750hp or more, as I recall (I haven't played GTA3 in a few months). With that kind of power, it's faster than even the race-prepped Vipers.
    edited December 2003
    I have the racing car versions of both the C5 type corvette and the Viper, I'll test those out tomorrow.
    edited December 2003
    Geeky1 and panzerkw, I applaud your outstanding knowledge of my fav game/race series.:respect:

G1, you have hit it right in the head... I must learn how to handle rear wheel drive cars... I usually run with the Supra, RX-7, MR2 turbo, RUF, 300 Fairlady Z... "power without control, is nothing."

also, I just really like being able to drop the hammer on all 4 wheels = skyline love.

panzerkw, nice work with testing the cars, and the data... can't wait to hear the results...
    edited December 2003
    Yeah the only problem with the 4WD is that you get understeer as you accelerate out of the corner. But I just use the VCD device to bias some of the torque into the rear wheels. The Skylines that I have used usually have a 20% 80% bias front/rear. It's enough to give that extra stability but not quite enough to induce all that understeer when you're accelerating out of a corner. The JGTC Skylines (Calsonic, Pennzoil, etc) are all rear wheel drive machines.