HELP! Asus A7N8X-LA bios needed

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Oh, duh, I see what you mean. As an Asus board, it would seem like there would some Asus BIOS coding that would be compatible. Sorry, I should have read the thread thoroughly. :bigggrin:
  • edited February 2006
    Can anyone please help me, I have been having problems with lock ups, BSOD's and restarts ever since i did the bios update to 3.12 about ten months ago, I have read in various post on different forums about the problems with this "Critical update!!!:bs: " that HP had on their web site(and still have!)and have seen some hope in the form of flashing back to version 3.07 which is a file called sp24001.exe (I think). If anyone has a copy of this file that they can e-mail me then please help before this pc learns how to fly.
    Thanks in advance,:cheers:
    Gary
    [email]stevengrays (at) yahoo.co.uk[/email]
    Compaq Presario S5500UK
    AMD XP 3000
    A7N8X-LA Focus mobo
    1g 333hz RAM
    X800 SE
    460W Akasa UQuiet PSU
  • edited February 2006
    Just G wrote:
    Can anyone please help me, I have been having problems with lock ups, BSOD's and restarts ever since i did the bios update to 3.12 about ten months ago, I have read in various post on different forums about the problems with this "Critical update!!!:bs: " that HP had on their web site(and still have!)and have seen some hope in the form of flashing back to version 3.07 which is a file called sp24001.exe (I think). If anyone has a copy of this file that they can e-mail me then please help before this pc learns how to fly.
    Thanks in advance,:cheers:
    Gary
    [email]stevengrays (at) yahoo.co.uk[/email]
    Compaq Presario S5500UK
    AMD XP 3000
    A7N8X-LA Focus mobo
    1g 333hz RAM
    X800 SE
    460W Akasa UQuiet PSU
    The best way to help is certainly by posting the desired file here, so here it is! Unfortunately, size limits force me to split the file in two. Instructions follow about how to get the "exe" out of those:

Windows: Invoke a command prompt, cd to the directory where you saved the files, then type the following:
    type SP24001_1.zip SP24001_2.zip > SP24001.zip

UNIX (but at some point, you will have to shake hands with Bill, because the executable is a Windows one): Invoke a shell prompt, then:
    cat SP24001_1.zip SP24001_2.zip >SP24001.zip

The resulting file, SP24001.zip, is a standard zip file which contains the executable file. In case you don't trust me, and fear this to have been corrupted/trojaned by my evil hands, the SP24001.exe file is digitally signed by HP, as you can check under Windows, by viewing the properties of the file.

Oh, and by the way, 3.07 is far better than 3.12, but if someone has the previous BIOS update (3.03 I presume), I'm highly interested, since even 3.07 seems to pose problems to my video capture card. Damn! I should NEVER have "upgraded"...

Hope this helps!

Olivier
  • edited February 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately i cant get the files to merge! i end up with an empty folder called SP24001.zip and this message
    sp24001didntwork.jpg
    Is there anyway you can send the file to my e-mail or post it somewhere i can retrieve the whole file?
    Thanks again
    G
  • edited February 2006
    Just G wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately i cant get the files to merge! i end up with an empty folder called SP24001.zip and this message
    sp24001didntwork.jpg
    Is there anyway you can send the file to my e-mail or post it somewhere i can retrieve the whole file?
    Thanks again
    G
    You missed something, that's why it didn't work. The word "type" I used is part of the command line! You have to type type too! :bigggrin:

Olivier
  • edited February 2006
    You are THE MAN :respect::D
    I will try this as soon as i get home,
    Many Thanks Olivier.
    Gary
  • edited February 2006
    It worked. I'm now back to 3.07.:celebrate
    Thank You Olivier:thumbsup:
    G
  • edited February 2006
    I'm glad to help! And by the way, if someone has 3.03, a post here would be welcome!

Olivier
  • edited February 2006
    Do you have the file name of the 3.03 bios?
    I would be happy to help you find it.
    My PC has not crashed since rolling back to the file you got me so would be glad to help you out
    G
  • edited February 2006
    I am having same problems with asus mobo

Please have a look a my other post to see if anyone can be of assistance to me, thanks in advance
  • edited February 2006
    Just been looking in my bios, what does it mean under the heading
    First Channel Device 0 (hard disk)
    32Bit Data Transfer is disabled

is this anything to do with 32bit pc cards?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    mattandrew wrote:
    Just been looking in my bios, what does it mean under the heading
    First Channel Device 0 (hard disk)
    32Bit Data Transfer is disabled

is this anything to do with 32bit pc cards?
    No. It's the transfer rate of (what is probably) your hard drive. I'd enable it, unless it causes you trouble - which is unlikely. :)
  • edited February 2006
    What temperature should the CPU run at, since i updated bios to 3.12 think the fan is running slower, CPu is running at 60
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    60 is pretty warm. See if there is a setting in the BIOS which throttles down the fan speed. If there is, override it and make sure it's always set to 100%.

It might be a good idea to clean out the heatsink and fan on the CPU (with the power off, of course).
  • edited February 2006
    mattandrew wrote:
    since i updated bios to 3.12 think the fan is running slower, CPu is running at 60
    If you only just updated to 3.12 then you will have many problems to come, go back to 3.07 before its too late :D
    G
  • edited February 2006
    Just G wrote:
    Do you have the file name of the 3.03 bios?
    I would be happy to help you find it.
    My PC has not crashed since rolling back to the file you got me so would be glad to help you out
    G
    Thanks Gary, but unfortunately I don't know its SP number! The (normally) easiest way would be to ask HP for it, but I doubt they would give me. Instead, they would take my computer, format the hard drive, and install 3.07, which I've done already (except for HD formatting :bigggrin:)

Olivier
  • edited February 2006
    As soon as the 3.04 (i know you want 3.03 but you can try it!)bios arrives i will post or mail it to you.

Gary
  • edited February 2006
    ive gona back to 3.07 restarted but fans still running very slow (CPU fan speed 2220rpm and system fan 1188rpm), so i removed internal battery reset CMOS jumper. the fans then ran faster (CPU fan 3750rpm and system 2070rpm) restarted, reset clock in bios, they have now gone back to the slow speed,

Grrr any ideas
  • edited February 2006
    mattandrew wrote:
    ive gona back to 3.07 restarted but fans still running very slow (CPU fan speed 2220rpm and system fan 1188rpm), so i removed internal battery reset CMOS jumper. the fans then ran faster (CPU fan 3750rpm and system 2070rpm) restarted, reset clock in bios, they have now gone back to the slow speed,

Grrr any ideas
    Sorry but havn't got a clue, hopefully some of the others on here may be able to help you. All my problems were solved with the 3.07 rollback :D
    Good Luck
    G
  • edited February 2006
    NovHac,
    I cant upload the file as it is too big.
    PM me your e-mail and i will send it to you.
    G
    BTW the filename of the bios i have received is SP23968
  • edited April 2006
    Hi there,

could you plz, plz send the 3.07 Bios to ricfilipe.moreira@gmail.com ???

I'm having lot's of trouble on my HP a330.pt (A7N8X-LA) with the latest update 3.12 from hp.com.... :(

My a330.pt doesn't even load into windows, could I use a start disk to flash bios??

Thanks and best regards :D
  • edited April 2006
    The BIOS is available at page 4 of this topic, along with instructions on how to install it.

It requires a running Windows to be installed, hence you have to find a way to have Windows running, maybe with the help of a BartPE bootable CD, which you can create and use with an adequate installation CD of Windows XP or Windows server 2003, and PE builder.

Olivier
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks Oliver, and I've allready read all the pages, just didn't notice on the atached files on page 4...

I've allready got a 3.07 bios and installed it on dos mode... Worked, and I'm runing at 3.07, but the computer still goes nut, I can't even instaled windows...

Calling HP for help and suport... :(
  • edited April 2006
    Sycholic wrote:
    If anyone can find this bios and the flash util for it I would greately appreciate it, right now Im stuck with a stock HP bios that is totally locked up and I cant do anything with this computer. Anything I want to do with it is impossible cuz my hands are tied due to the bios having just about everything hidden from the bios menu :banghead: If anyone can help or maybe just maybe someone knows of a 'backdoor' to the normal bios menu that gives you clock freq and stepping etc.... I will bow to you as a GOD :respect: Thanks anyone if you can help me.

oh tidbit the A7N8X-LA is considered basically a A7N8X-VM but with firewire support as far as Ive seen the whole board is identical in chipsets except for the additional firewire interface. dont know if that might be helpful info. I was going to give it a shot and just try reflashing to the A7N8X-VM bios but...... since I dont have an original one for the LA I wont (maybe I can find a bios image grabber and just save this original one???)
  • edited April 2006
    I have the original bios for the A7N8X-LA.I could sell it to you for $20.00
    is that OK?
  • edited May 2006
    pajarito

I have ver 3.21 and i will sell it to you for $00.01
    :tongue:
    edited May 2006
    I have the original bios for the A7N8X-LA.I could sell it to you for $20.00
    is that OK?
    I'm assuming this is humor, correct?
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah Leonardo

It was purely for fun nothing else, by the way awesome arrangment of machines. I´m jealous..........
  • edited July 2006
    i too came across the bios update for the A7N8X-LA motherboard and when i downloded the update the computer restartedtried to boot then froze and wont format or recover can anyone help with a new bios instructions or anything? all HP say is send it to them pay them money and they will fix it which is cheek as the messed it up in the first place!!!!

Help

Adam
    ahalsall@hotmail.com
    edited July 2006
    whent bang
    ???

That's very vague. You actually heard the sound, "bang?" The computer stalled ("froze") while you were downloading? Please be descriptive and I'm sure we can help.