Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It seems like it, either that or people got tired of pwning faces with fire.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Did they nerf the Pyros a bit?

Thats what it seemed like to me. At least the Pyros weren't completely owning me anymore:tongue:

Not sure they made it official though.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    yeah i was disappointed last night, couldn't get in a server and then when the team finally got into a server it was full. oh well another night.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Did they nerf the Pyros a bit?
    Yeah, right off the back I chucked a demo grenade at one and blew 'im up in a single shot. That didn't work a couple nights ago. Then, I tried a pyro attack and found myself needing to go at it significantly longer to down other players, plus no "critical hits" for blasting the heavy in the face.

Wait... :wtf:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Whatever it is - they fixed the pyros. It feels more fair.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2007
    Man, I couldn't believe how powerful the Pyros were a couple days ago. Glad they toned it down a bit
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Just found the update list, and they don't mention anything about damage or hit detection, but honestly - who here can say that they didn't change something.....?
    • Added "Very High" texture resolution option
    • Added "Minimal HUD" option to Options->Multiplayer
    • Fixed headshots not always registering for crouched players
    • Fixed player interpolation bug that caused jittery player animation in some cases
    • Fixed rare crash when players exited water
    • Fixed server crash related to Spy sappers
    • Fixed overlapping UI elements in Options->Video->Advanced
    • Fixed non-English language text overlapping in a few places
    • Fixed players being able to use spectator points in dustbowl that were not in play
    • Removed "listdeaths" command that could be abused by clients
    edited October 2007
    They also added numbers to the classes currently being played on the class selection page. Which was a nice touch.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I can say that Pyros feel more "Right." Played with one last night for about 45 minutes, and I found it to carry the right mix of risk vs. reward. It felt similar in power (In its own way) to the other classes I play regularly (Demo, Spy, Sniper) . I think the fire range could be a little longer, though.

Also, the new very high textures, 90 degree FOV and interpolation fixes are very welcome.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'll second and third all that has been said about the updates.
    Surely progress is being made.
    Had a great time last night leaving Folding@Home Team 93 spray logo around!
    After fiiiiinally getting on!!! Started trying to connect with you guys on the game at 9:00 pm and didn't get in till 11:00 pm or a little later. Hehehe, Played till 4:00 am.. This game is addicting... I think that muscle between my shoulders and neck has just givin up and torn to give me more movement..
    Got booted over to the opposing team a couple of times by auto balance and all the other team was Icrontic!!! Thiss!!! Icrontic That!!!! Trying to compensate for their lack of play skill. Not that I'm that good either..
    I think they were frustrated about all the {IC} players on the server!!! Hahahah
    pigflipper got me a bunch of times last night as well as a bunch of you guys did, when I had to play opposing team. I think I'm getting a little better.
    Got a few achievement badges now.
    BTW, Nice screenshots prime!! I always love seeing those. even if it's me getting capped.
    Oh, And thanks for all the uber health CB!!!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Fixed server crash related to Spy sappers
    Curse those spies sapping our servers! ;D
    edited October 2007
    When Spies get pissed, servers die.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    So I clearly need some more work. When I left, mas0n was my nemesis, and three other people were "owning" me. I just can't find the right character or something.

It was fun getting completely mowed down again and again by mas0n's heavy, though.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'd be whooping all y'alls asses if you guys would happen to choose an east coast server.

Whut! :ninja:

;D
    edited October 2007
    All the servers are east coast, which is why Prime, Keebs and myself always have a 30 ping. ;D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Lies! Maybe TF2 networking sucks but every time I check the servers you guys are on, I see a latency of over 250ms.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Lies! Maybe TF2 networking sucks but every time I check the servers you guys are on, I see a latency of over 250ms.

must be ur isp...i get 40ms and im in the middle of the US
    edited October 2007
    fatcat wrote:

Me too.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I get 20-30 from Houston.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    What servers do you guys play on?

How do I find youse guys?
    edited October 2007
    fatcat wrote:

..and I would still be 1.5 thousand miles away while your connection doesn't have to pass through underwater cables and a dozen of states.

In other games I've gotten pings in the 70's from servers in NY but I'd be lucky to find servers with less than 100ms in TF2.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    What servers do you guys play on?

How do I find youse guys?

The Steam community makes it easy, just click on the person you want to play with in the friends list, and click 'join game'. It'll take you right to the server they are on.
    edited October 2007
    Black Hawk wrote:
    ..and I would still be 1.5 thousand miles away while your connection doesn't have to pass through underwater cables and a dozen of states.

In other games I've gotten pings in the 70's from servers in NY but I'd be lucky to find servers with less than 100ms in TF2.

yea i didnt think about the underwater cable factor :o
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'm in Fla. and I get 50 -90 latency.
    edited October 2007
    I cannot confirm nor deny that my ISP sucks ass.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I see why you guys are addicted.

You guys kick my ass, but still fun.
    edited October 2007
    SO PWNED!!

[img]http://icrontic.com/images/fatcat/bob the builder is looking good!.jpg[/img]
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Bob the Builder!
    Can we pwn them?
    YES WE CAN!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Clan {IC} was not so hot last night.

I blame myself.
    edited October 2007
    We got owned last night. Hated all the rushing by scouts. Setting up defense with engineers was pointless and my lag didn't help.

What will the strategy be next time we play those maps?