Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Aside from that, I had a blast. I think I really like the medic.

We had some epic moments with you as my medic sirrah!

I think we are just a few good classes/players away from really starting to rock some worlds.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    We had some epic moments with you as my medic sirrah!

I think we are just a few good classes/players away from really starting to rock some worlds.

Yeah, we did. I still have to get my uber timing better. I'd see my or your health drop to a significantly low level and hit the switch. After dying while I had an uber charge a couple times, I didn't want it to happen again. Heh.

And, CB, the entire time we were playing, it really only looked like you and me were medics (once I decided to stick to the role).
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    TBonZ wrote:

I do seem to remember you sticking to Medic throughout the game as well. ;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I get a lot of joy from backing you guys up. :)

Thrax and I went on a rampage in a cave lastnight, we took out a lot of people. It was awesome.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Sorry your team engineer wasn't there last night :-/ exhaustion caught up with me and I crashed out at 10:30. At 11:00 I groggily checked the TF2 download progress and it was at 91%, and I figured, "well, it should be done by 11:30, maybe I can get a round in" but then I realized that would be a bad idea and just fell asleep for the rest of the night :D

Today, I am glad I made the choice - i feel great :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    I get a lot of joy from backing you guys up. :)

Thrax and I went on a rampage in a cave lastnight, we took out a lot of people. It was awesome.

We TORE people apart. That one point where we went charging up the hill, killed 5 people, a sentry and a teleporter was AMAZING. We were just dominating that tunnel.
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    We TORE people apart. That one point where we went charging up the hill, killed 5 people, a sentry and a teleporter was AMAZING. We were just dominating that tunnel.

I didn't have a clue how many we took out, it was just a flurry of burning bodies. Even after we went back to normal, you were still kicking ass upon entering the building. :cool2:

Glad you got some restfull sleep Brian but I personally really missed you and your teleporters. Must have lost a few pounds with all that extra running. ;D
    edited October 2007
    As I attempted to join the server, my steam client updated and now I cannot get in due to this error....RAWWWWRRRR!!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I continue to get this same message... Stupid updates... It's caused me to miss two nights of play so far...
    edited October 2007
    I just don't understand WTF is wrong with our team.
    edited October 2007
    no wonder no one could join our server. We were playing on an old server so there was only 10 of us (total)
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I just don't understand WTF is wrong with our team.

#1 problem tonight: No COORDINATED offense - yes, we coordinate defense well (pyro guarding sentries, etc...) but we keep doing a treadmill thing and it's just not working for us.
    edited October 2007
    You guys shoulda kept playing with me and keebs and mas0n. We were rocking people's worlds!

We also had some different SM/IC members join us tonight. {fxl} Jephiroth (AuthorityAction) and Aseir (RiversCuomo)
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    I continue to get this same message... Stupid updates... It's caused me to miss two nights of play so far...

That has been my problem twice now, also I try to join and there are no player slots available, I wait and wait and........ give up. FUx.:grumble:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2007
    Zuntar wrote:
    That has been my problem twice now, also I try to join and there are no player slots available, I wait and wait and........ give up. FUx.:grumble:

We need a password protected IC TF2 server :ninja:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    lemonlime wrote:
    We need a password protected IC TF2 server :ninja:

we're working on it...primesuspect knows more
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Sorry I missed you guys last night (Fri). Had things to take care of unfortunately.
    As far as old servers....un updated...
    If everyone updates their steam client before going into games we'll all get to play on the same server. (If the server is old it won't let anyone connect that has updated.) Just make sure you check the updates before you get into the game. Which updates are good.. they fix glitches,add new stuff for better gameplay, etc.
    Still a pain though, I know.
    Start your steam window up ...Under [File] tab at the top left.. [Check for Steam Client updates]...
    As far as getting into the game. I think I've figured that out.
    I check my friends list and hit join game-- then it says server is busy or not responding, but you can copy the server IP then open your TF2 game and go to (favorites), (add new server)-- paste the server IP in-- add to favorites. Once you have it in the game favorites-- hit join and you get the server not responding if full, but you can get in much faster when a slot becomes open/ in between games. You may have to wait 10-15 mins hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds or so until it shows the server info then hit join. But you get in faster because you have the game engine started already.
    If you open the game and then hit join game that a friends in, on the steam window, it tells you that there's already a game open and can't open 2 instances of the game. That's why I copy IP of server over to the game and wait for an opening. The steam engine is sooo slow to get the game open after waiting to join, it disconnects from the game before getting in. With the server full again.
    I also think we could probably open a server with a password for the team and get everyone in there to have practice/learn how to use the character they want to use. Like bomb jumping for soldiers, for those that want to be engineers learning what to do for building sentrys/dispensers for health/teleporters. For instance if you have 2 engineers work together ..one builds a senrty and bangs on it to get it up and running, you will notice the full power is not full. The second engineer can beat on it to upgrade it to higher strength.. So, If your in a big map and takes time for the enemy to get to your end positions you could have 3-4 sets of engineers setup sentrys/dispensers/teleporters then then some can change back to soldiers/pyro's/spys/ or what ever they play best. But keep 3-4 engineers staying on those sites for repair. We could all benefit from learning the little tricks of each character we want to play. Like Spy's and becoming invisible/ where to hide when needed /how to attack and move away, etc.
    You all get the idea. We can help each other learn the tricks and be more skilled at our character/class. It's easy to make a server, open game/create server set password for it and let everyone on the team know the password with a message through steam friends. Sorry for the long post.
    Here's a site for TF2 and there's a lot of skill tutorials in the forums. http://www.teamfortress2fort.com/Forums/All.aspx
    Maybe we could set up a TF2 sub-forum in gaming so we could post what we learn for the rest of the team.. like tutorials, tricks etc..
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675...if he's not on our team...he's always my nenemis :(

IC_TF2.jpg
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    As far as getting into the game. I think I've figured that out.
    I check my friends list and hit join game-- then it says server is busy or not responding, but you can copy the server IP then open your TF2 game and go to (favorites), (add new server)-- paste the server IP in-- add to favorites. Once you have it in the game favorites-- hit join and you get the server not responding if full, but you can get in much faster when a slot becomes open/ in between games. You may have to wait 10-15 mins hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds or so until it shows the server info then hit join. But you get in faster because you have the game engine started already.
    If you open the game and then hit join game that a friends in, on the steam window, it tells you that there's already a game open and can't open 2 instances of the game. That's why I copy IP of server over to the game and wait for an opening. The steam engine is sooo slow to get the game open after waiting to join, it disconnects from the game before getting in. With the server full again.

It's so much easier than that. :)

If the server your friends are on is full, you can still push the 'join server' button, it's not greyed out. It will tell you 'server full', but it will also create a new button: 'Auto retry'.

You can push the auto-retry button, and set it to join automatically as soon as a slot opens.

You can even go play in a different server for a while, and when a slot opens in the server with your friends, you will be pulled out of your current game, and placed in the now-open slot.
    edited October 2007
    Is Idiot_Slayer someone from IC or just someone who likes to follow us around because we're idiots for him to slay?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    It's so much easier than that. :)

If the server your friends are on is full, you can still push the 'join server' button, it's not greyed out. It will tell you 'server full', but it will also create a new button: 'Auto retry'.

You can push the auto-retry button, and set it to join automatically as soon as a slot opens.

You can even go play in a different server for a while, and when a slot opens in the server with your friends, you will be pulled out of your current game, and placed in the now-open slot.

Yep, I tried the auto connect. It works. I didn't know it would load that server if you were on another server though.. thanks for info CB.
    But, the reason I posted that idea was that I had waited for the steam window to start/ load the game and it took sooo long to get the game up, the server was full again and I couldn't get in a bunch of times.
    But, I guess having the auto connect when slot is open and going to another game would work even better because steam and game are already open.
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Is Idiot_Slayer someone from IC or just someone who likes to follow us around because we're idiots for him to slay?

Idiot_Slayer is about 7 rooms down from me in my dorm. But the second reason you gave is just as likely:tongue2:
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Idiot_Slayer is about 7 rooms down from me in my dorm. But the second reason you gave is just as likely:tongue2:

Wow, so we have like what 5-7 guys from Missouri possibly playing TF2 at a givin time :rockon:
    edited October 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    Maybe we could set up a TF2 sub-forum in gaming so we could post what we learn for the rest of the team.. like tutorials, tricks etc..

I kinda like that idea hawk:bigggrin:
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I kinda like that idea hawk:bigggrin:

I second that! To go one step further, the sub forum should only be visible to team members.
    edited October 2007
    One problem is that if you choose to be an engineer and set up a good defense point, you are basically stuck being an engineer for the rest of that game, since if you change classes, everything you built is destroyed :(
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Hawk wrote:
    I had waited for the steam window to start/ load the game and it took sooo long to get the game up, the server was full again and I couldn't get in a bunch of times.
    Yeah, open TF2 first, then try to connect/auto-connect to the server. That way you'll be right there when it's ready. I've never had more than a 10-minute wait, so I just start reading Time or a book and before I can finish a page I'm usually in :)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    You guys shoulda kept playing with me and keebs and mas0n. We were rocking people's worlds!

Those were some good games, I think I'm getting fairly good with the Heavy. The games earlier in the night were great as well there was just a bad middle period there for an hour or so :)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Anyone know how much bandwidth the game needs?

I have plenty of machines, but I don't know if my broadband pipe is big enough (to handle a server)
    edited October 2007
    we have a server

we have it on a huge 5mb/sec pipe

we have the server software installed, configured, and running

we DON'T have an admin for it. Shwaip set it up but he hasn't been "running" it. I don't know how to use it other than the basics (start, stop, run). I don't know how to update it so it is current. I don't know how to configure it sweetly for password protection, map rotation, and custom banner and signon message, etc.