Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Aw shoot guys, looks like all the fun happened after I went to bed at 12:30! :(

I think I picked up a few more Achievements yesterday though, Impenetrable Defense came from one of the rounds with Keebs I'm pretty sure.

And yes, the Pyro has been made insane.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I've got all but 3 achievements:

- Master of Disguise
    - Team Doctor
    - Head of the Class

I never play as Medic or Spy, so that pretty much nixes getting those for a while ;D
    edited September 2007
    I broke its spell! I'm working on the site! :eek3:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    I broke its spell!

That should be an Achievement.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Same here! I took a shower!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    I broke its spell! I'm working on the site! :eek3:

JOIN US KEEBS...:zombie:

ONE OF US, ONE OF US!
    edited October 2007
    we got ****ing n00bed tonight :-/

team IC definitely needs some practice :(
    edited October 2007
    lol, look at how happy Fatcat is to kill me, though :p

happy-fatcat.jpg
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    we got ****ing n00bed tonight :-/

team IC definitely needs some practice :(

yes we do...

"UBER ME!"

"UBER ME I KNOW YOUR 100%"

"UBER!!!!!"

(stabbed in back by spy)

dead.
    edited October 2007
    I watched that go down too. :-/

And then I was thinking - WHY THE **** ARE THEY SUICIDE RUSHING OUT THE DOOR. There was a lvl 3 sentry pointing at their faces!?!?!

Everyone's a hero :-/
    edited October 2007
    I guess you guys started playing after I left... I missed the action again!

We did get to play with Hawk for a while though. In one round he was the last man left alive during sudden death. When the enemies finally took him out, the last thing we hear over teamspeak before level change is, "I just got killed by Helen Keller!"

See Hawk, you mastered the game's short learning curve and now you get to be the last man standing when we get pwned. ;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Hey all. First, not sure if I have been given an invite yet but if not, please do send.

Second, I cannot play the game yet due to needing a better PCI-E video card. What would you peeps recommend for playing this game? I'm not a big gamer so really, all I need is one that will play this game at 1680X1050 with high settings. I don't want to break the bank but get something that will handle this game comfortably. Also, I'm only running a 480W Tt PSU.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    7900GT, 8600GT, 7950GT, 7950GX2 (Used), etc.
    edited October 2007
    I'm running the game with a 7600GT. I left it at default setting, and frankly it looks great at 1024x768; with the cartoony graphics in this game the resolution doesn't seem to make much of a difference to my eyes.
    edited October 2007
    It runs really well on older and budget video cards. Runs great on 6600GT, 7600GS, I've seen these two with mine own eyes :)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Keebler! I am having the same clipping problem as you now. Doesn't really bother me so much as it only affects ME when I die, and it's kind of funny that if anyone above me dies they all rain down through the ceiling and then float around on the floor!

Just wanted to let you know that A) you are not the only one and B) I have an 8800GTS so it's not just a GPU/driver issue.
    edited October 2007
    It only happened to me on that one map - I assumed it had to do with the server we were on. Is it happening all the time for you?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I'm running the game with a 7600GT. I left it at default setting, and frankly it looks great at 1024x768; with the cartoony graphics in this game the resolution doesn't seem to make much of a difference to my eyes.

That's what I'm doing, too. My native resolution is 1600x1200, but in FPS games, I can't notice that I'm not using the LCD's native res. I could probably crank up the res a bit, but I haven't bothered (I run 1600x1200 in HL2, so I'm assuming I could in TF2).
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    It only happened to me on that one map - I assumed it had to do with the server we were on. Is it happening all the time for you?

Happened to me on several maps, but all on the same server we were playing last night. I will try more servers later today.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I guess you guys started playing after I left... I missed the action again!

We did get to play with Hawk for a while though. In one round he was the last man left alive during sudden death. When the enemies finally took him out, the last thing we hear over teamspeak before level change is, "I just got killed by Helen Keller!"

See Hawk, you mastered the game's short learning curve and now you get to be the last man standing when we get pwned. ;)

Hahaha, I didn't know I was the last man standing at that point...
    But, It just ate me up to be killed by Helen Keller!!!!
    I busted out laughing hysterically when I saw the screen say YOU WERE KILLED BY HELEN KELLER! That's when I humbly told everyone.

Hey TBonZ,
    I'm running an Abit AN7 MB,Athlon XP 3200+, FSB speed 411, core speed 2260 Mhz, , 2G OCZ PC3200, AGP ATI Radeon X1600 / 256MB at 1024X768. Never have any problems running this game.
    edited October 2007
    Very good, thanks for the suggestions all. I came across a used Asus 7900GT for $150 CDN just yesterday. Not sure if that's a little pricey or not for a discontinued card but I think it was in the $220 range when it was new. I'll have to do a bit of digging to see if it's worth it.

Edit - Found that the card retailed for $350 when introduced, I think I may have to snatch it up. What do guys think? Fair price?
    edited October 2007
    That sounds like a very nice price to me. The 7900GT will run this game very well at high settings.
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    That sounds like a very nice price to me. The 7900GT will run this game very well at high settings.

Right after work I'm going to pick it up. See you guys tonight. :D
    edited October 2007
    tbonz, is your steam name tbonz? :D
    edited October 2007
    tbonz, is your steam name tbonz? :D

Yessir, with a capital T, B & Z. :D

Got my card, w00t!!!
    edited October 2007
    As expected I had my @ss handed to me over and over. Damn you Thrax, everytime I turn around you're putting a knife in my back....annoying as all heck. I really do need to practice and I feel I'm way behind the rest of you. Never got into playing TF1 so it's pretty much like starting from scratch.

It should get easier as I learn the maps as I was running around not knowing where everything is. Would be nice to have some practices and get some strategies down. Also, I need to change my crosshairs. Was having a heck of a time with the default crosshair.

Oh yeah, that card I bought was actually an Asus EN7900GS/TOP which is an overclocked version of the base GS model. It is actually much faster than the GT but there isn't really any room left to o/c it more. I'm happy with it's performance and seems to more than sufficient to run most games out there on the highest resolution and detail settings.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    stop_playing_matrix_img.gif
    edited October 2007
    I never played TF1, Terry. I know your pain. Knowing the maps helps. But I kept getting knifed in the back by sir Thrax as well :-/

I had a distinct feeling last night that Thrax's strategy was more geared towards stabbing me and keebler in the back than actually attempting to capture points for his team ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Your feeling is incorrect. My goal last night was to take out engineering objects, but since you like to whore turrets and Keebs likes to camp the entrance with a Demo, it equated to me stabbing both of you quite often.

Spies are terrible flag cappers; great chaos-causers. In 2Fort, there was a time on the balcony when I cleared it out of 3 snipers and a heavy, allowing our team to move across mid. It was great.

Anyhow, my strategy for spy is pretty pointed (Which I won't detail; I have priority targets and destinations for all the maps), but you two were kept trying to stop me, so I figured I might as well go down stabbing.
    edited October 2007
    as an engineer, what else can I do but whore turrets once my teleports and dispenser are up? :p

Really there was a point where I felt that the backstab you did me wasn't strategically sound (I can feel your facial muscles twitching)... At some point I said to you: "Was it worth it, Thrax"? Because I knew you went out of your way to stab me.

You said: "Definitely"

Come on, your integrity as a Spy for Blue is not in question here, just admit you went out of your way to kill me at least one time :crazy: