edited October 2007
    Well
    Hydro
    Well
    Hydro
    Well
    Hydro

... it got a bit monotonous, didn't it?

I think we were hamstrung by a lack of muscle on the team. Sometimes a scout rush works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't seem to work for us, and then our CPs were overrun by their multiple medic/heavy combos. We had zero or one medic most of the time, so there was no support to our front line. Most of the time we only had one heavy, except for when we were defending the last CP on Hydro. Even then we only had one medic. We should have had at least two medics, if not more, coupled with two or more heavies and soldiers. I recall many times having our team decimated by the opposing team's Heavy/Medic stomping into our base and going Uber, then watching the Uber combo stand on our control point while a single scout from the opposing team captured it.

We seemed to do better when we increased communication and coordination regardless of other circumstances. I think communication is critical in this game.

Also, I remember so many times as a scout in Well last night where I was killed one single second before capturing the point. If even one other team member was able to coordinate attack with me at those times, we would have had much more forward progress. In this case, I really do blame myself for the lack of coordination because I didn't mention my plan. It was tough to even get in there those times though because of their sentry gun setups...

However, I think we needed to be more offensive as a team. The times we coordinated our offense we did very well in Hydro. We were able to push the enemy back when we were all working together. We were able to take control points and win our few scant victories. When we were really coordinated and gung ho about our attack we won a round in Well.

It's all about the blabbering on the mic. ;)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I agree with ya GH. Medics were definitely in need as I played it for a few rounds last night and nearly healed for 4000 in one life. But then we'd switch to a different map (well) and I like playing as soldier so much more on that map. The one round we won we overwhelmed their support class guys (medics and engineers) and easily brushed aside the rest.

We need to get a lot better at specific coordination. Like wait for teammates to spawn before heading out to die or communicate what the enemy is doing and how to counter that. There was one round of well last night where they built 2 lvl 3 sg on the train cars and absolutely had us bottled in. If we would have coordidnated a couple of spy attacks/sneaks we might have been able to bypass those considerable defenses and catch them with their pants down.

In short:
    *more teamwork/communication
    *more adaptation
    *kill enemy medics more! (their HW combos were just destroying us!)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I need to play more. Once is not enough. Stupid life getting in the way of gaming. :-/
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Yea, Bob the builder got me multiple times last night!!!!!
    I saw we didn't have the medics or heavies like the teams beating us...
    But, That's the way it goooes sometimes....
    Just my opinion but I think if we could have a coordinator to organize the team in game it might help.... " 3 Medic & Heavy combo's"--- "3-4 Mechanics setting up transporters/healing stations/ Sentry's"--- "2 Spys"-- "3 Demo's or soldiers backing up the Medic/Heavie combo's!"
    Then again if we try that, others on the team that don't belong to {IC} may not care for it either.
    But ,They should if we are winning. Just a thought.
    I'm no super duper player myself like some of you other guys, but I play better when someone is telling me whats happening and where.
    Communication is one of the keys.
    I try to let everyone in the game know what I see without taking up the talk channel too much.
    It sure was fun even when we lost, because there were so many times we were right there so close to taking it.
    I even had the chance to go Uber a couple of times which was fun.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I think we all need to get on one team, and then we need to all pick a single class we want to get really good at, and run with it.
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    I think we all need to get on one team...

Ya no more backstabbing your fellow icrontians THRAX!!!1!1!

grr..
    edited October 2007
    ;) What can I say? I'm good at the spy. :D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    ;) What can I say? I'm good at the spy. :D

I'll confirm that.... :sawed:

I've been playing Medic for the most part and did really well when sticking with one particular player yesterday. He was a soldier and continuosly shot his rockets at his own feet while I charged him. I would be fully charged before the map got underway. We would charge out and thrash everyone around our exit(s). So for future reference, if you're a soldier and I'm there playing Medic, shoot yourself up, I'll recharge you and we'll be Uber right out of the gate.

Communication is definitely key, I will be picking up a headset in the coming days.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Okay. So, I think I have tonight free. I'm going to try to join this time. So freakin' busy!
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I have 2 softball games tonight, but I'll be on as of 11:00PM CST

Communication is so much of it, it's not even funny. I sound proofed my son's bedroom door so I could use the my headset in the middle of the night, now LETS USE IT! We need to stick together and attack in organized swarms with one Medic per Heavy (or even pyro, etc..)

Above all, PROTECT YOUR MEDIC and SHOOT EVERYONE.
    edited October 2007
    On @ 8 PM EST for me.
    edited October 2007
    I'll be on after I finish my Java Lab.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    tonight, it is on. after matt and I get back from dinner, we're in.

Agreed with all points above - last night the only time I had success was when I said "**** it" and switched to spy and rushed the control points with fatcat. We won twice that way.

Key point: coordinated rushes - no more "every man rushing point for himself" and slightly more offense. I was watching our team turn one round in Well - the entire team was in the base while the center point was still open! it's like we're self-defeating: "Well, we're gonna lose the center anyway so we may as well play conservative and start protecting our base now".. :(
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    sorry about last night guys...i just didnt drink enough beers :beer:
    edited October 2007
    fatcat wrote:
    sorry about last night guys...i just didnt drink enough beers :beer:

I think that was everyone's problem;D
    edited October 2007
    :::you must stand on control point:::

that is all
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Must play on the other server....friendlier guys.

I think these sum my night up:

ryderdies1.jpg
    ryderdies2.jpg
    ryderdies3.jpg
    ryderdies4.jpg
    ryderdies5.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I agree. I had a good time tonight but it would have been better without the ass-clowns.

Evil Rev. Rorn was a dick. He is SO good at soldier when he as all those medics healing him.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I like how we were determined to be a clan, rather than just a bunch of people from the same site.

That is one thing that turns me off of these types of games, why do some people have to decide they are better than you. That team alliance server was fun, I really didn't care what team you got on over there.
    edited October 2007
    Let's face it. We were terrible. We had a right to get laughed at. :P
    edited October 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Let's face it. We were terrible. We had a right to get laughed at. :P

Yup...

Damnit Prime....we needed ur l33t iron chef skillz!
    edited October 2007
    I really did think we played better tonight than the last. But we are far from being really good by any means.

Oh well more frags for me in the meantime!:thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I felt like we played pretty cohesively while I was there last night - I think our win ratio was pretty close to 50% before I left (11PM).
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I felt like we played pretty cohesively while I was there last night - I think our win ratio was pretty close to 50% before I left (11PM).

I concur. We got downright clobbered a few times but we held our own overall before I left (10:30PM).

To reiterate, soldiers, at the start of the map, shoot your feet, the wall, anything! I will charge you, we'll be Uber before the game even starts! It can be such an advantage right out of the gate. (Not sure if anyone actually reads my posts). I'm buying a headset this weekend, it's such a disadvantage without one.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I've yet to get on a winning team. I think I'm bad luck. Because I popped in and couldn't play with IC, and you guys won. Next map, I hopped over to your team and you started losing. :(

Aside from that, I had a blast. I think I really like the medic.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    To reiterate, soldiers, at the start of the map, shoot your feet, the wall, anything! I will charge you, we'll be Uber before the game even starts!

It does help a little bit, but not enough to bother people about doing it if they're not doing it already. I timed it a couple of times, It takes the medic about 70 seconds to build up a charge when healing a person who is already full, it takes between 55 and 65 seconds (usually right about 60) to build up the charge if they are hurting themselves. It's just not worth badgering people over. It's fine as a suggestion, but don't turn into one of those medics that floods the chat channel with "c'mon guys hurt yourselves!" over and over again during setup. :/

On a side note, with these new medics on the team, maybe it's time I learned another one of the support classes.. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    with these new medics on the team, maybe it's time I learned another one of the support classes.. :)
    Typically, we're short on medics whenever you're not playing :(
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Seems that way. Too bad I stop playing and go to bed about the time CB gets home from work...

CB, I think you're the only one that sticks completely to Medic without changing classes.
    edited October 2007
    I hear what your saying CB but myself and a player named Zapster did it over and over again and we kept kicking ass. Of course, it helps when your uber with someone who's a good shot, if not, it can be a waste of time. Basically, we would uber out the gate leading the charge while everone else followed us. Once it ran out, fall back and support. It is a good strategy to follow and one that I'll continue. I will not badger people into doing it, if they don't want to, that's fine. I just want people to know that I'll support them if they choose to.
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    CB, I think you're the only one that sticks completely to Medic without changing classes.

Not true - http://steamcommunity.com/id/TBonZ/stats/TF2 ;)