Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I had the most amazing intel run on 2fort tonight.

There was pretty much stalemate on the map with no score and little chance that would change. So in such situations I usually switch to spy for some unconventional mayhem.

Anyway, they had an engineer with his sentry and dispenser guarding intel. So I cloaked and ran into the room, jumped behind the engineer and his stuff. After my cloak stopped I sapped his stuff and then back stabbed the engineer before he turned around. After that was a mad dash out the back steps and smack into an enemy demo man's back. Which I swiftly knifed:bigggrin:. Soon after that I came up on another demo man whose was being an ass and shooting sticky bombs onto our battlements. He didn't see me either:tongue:. So he got some blood on my suit too:bigggrin:! By that time I was home free and scored the only cap of the round, cuz right after that they switched maps:mad:

Some really good rounds on well and granary as well guys. We took down that [WD] clan after rallying.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    [wd] owned! :D
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007

Can't say this often enough:

STAY ON THE ****ING CONTROL POINTS

And last thing: on CP or TC maps, a scout rush out the door is almost ALWAYS a winning opening gambit. Nobody says you have to stay a scout, but if 5-6 scouts rush out the door from the start, and grab the middle point (this is almost CRITICAL in Granary - the first team to cap the center almost always wins the round), you can set yourself up for a much easier time. It irks me so much to see a heavy, engineer, and pyro start setting up defense on LOCKED CONTROL POINTS - this is like ASSUMING you're going to lose the next point and have your rear points unlocked... It's very pessimistic. If they rushed up and tried to set up defenses closer to the middle, you might actually WIN.... :grumble:

Sorry, I played with a ****ty team last night. It was only Hawk and I who seemed to know what we were doing and I told him I was finding another server, it was so frustrating. Our team just didn't "get it". :-/

Yep,
    After you left I was trying to tell them we needed sentrys set up in the intel room because I was the only one there as a soldier/with rocket launcher, and one of them comes back with "Quit your b**ching and ****ing do it yourself!" I just laughed and left the server seconds later, when the other team came down and took the intel. Most of the time they didn't have any medics or mechanics....
    I was on one server where both teams were on the same voice channel!
    When I was making a remark on an easy way to sneak into the enemy camp..a couple of people started yelling "Shut up!!!"And then they told me what the deal was. I left that server pretty fast too. Stupid idea to have both teams on the same chat channel..
    Sorry I wasn't on last night.... MyBellsouth DSL took a crap again. Lost all the settings for the brand new modem and then my router settings were messed up too. Got on this morning and bit**ed em out againnnnnn, and made them walk me through reseting everything. It's all new settings for the router and modem, so I didn't remember them from the first setup time 2 weeks ago.
    Wrote them all down now, because this seems like it's going to happen on a reg basis.
    edited October 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Some really good rounds on well and granary as well guys. We took down that [WD] clan after rallying.

The best part about playing against those [WD] guys was that they weren't pricks. They were skilled, they worked well as a team, and they were honorable winners AND losers.

Kinda like us :p
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    The best part about playing against those [WD] guys was that they weren't pricks. They were skilled, they worked well as a team, and they were honorable winners AND losers.

Kinda like us :p

Except when they changed the map when they were losing.. :p
    edited October 2007
    True! True! It was highly coincidental that just after we rallied for over 20 minutes, came back from an almost certain defeat, and were rushing to their last control point, the SERVER CHANGED THE MAP..... :eek3:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    You seemed to end up on the wrong team a few too many times tonight, Prime. ;)

It was fun to splatter you around though.
    edited October 2007
    meh. I was on a team full of people who hated me for some reason. THAT'S ALWAYS FUN :p
    edited October 2007
    Ya autobalance sucks when it happens to you. I was SOOOO close to getting that impossible defense achievement(only one I don't have). Only to get autobalanced to offense. I was so disheartened that all I did was scurry around with a shovel and see how many guys I could kill that way.

We definitely dominated well tonight guys. CB was Johnny on the spot with his "medic-ing" (<-should be a word if its not!) and we won like 3-4 times in a row in quick fashion.
    edited October 2007
    meh. I was on a team full of people who hated me for some reason. THAT'S ALWAYS FUN :p

Hmm, maybe it had something to do with that {IC} tag that not only adorned your name, but also the names of most of the guys who were pwning their faces? :tongue:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Hmm, maybe it had something to do with that {IC} tag that not only adorned your name, but also the names of most of the guys who were pwning their faces? :tongue:

:Pwned::bigggrin:
    edited October 2007
    lolz:bigggrin:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    When I get auto-balanced I go Demoman and drop stickey bombs on my new team mates respawn point...
    edited October 2007
    Apparently I won player of the week for team {IC}.

Thanks for the honor everyone!:bigggrin:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Well, the sudden surge of noobs sure killed my mood. Some whining about wanting deathmatch in a game that so happens to be called Team Fortress and most of the others just bail when their team starts to lose. Quality of servers has gone down the crapper. *yawn*
    edited October 2007
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Well, the sudden surge of noobs sure killed my mood. Some whining about wanting deathmatch in a game that so happens to be called Team Fortress and most of the others just bail when their team starts to lose. Quality of servers has gone down the crapper. *yawn*

I'm sure they will go back to their Halo 3 pretty soon and GTFO of our TF2!:bigggrin:

Not that its not fun to dominate these nubs on the battlefield.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    EEP 1st of My UK based clan to get the orange box, gonna have to try finding you guys to spec a few matches. Doubt I will be able to play transatlantic due to ping, but you never know played CSS on an American server last week didn't notice any difference. added my steam name to user cp on screen normally display @MMMugs-spike09. any brits playing ???
    edited October 2007
    You would be surprised at what people are doing now Spike. We were playing with some guys from Australia one night. Black Hawk does have some connection issues, but Puerto Rico is a lot more remote than the Highlands.

Get into the Icrontic group ASAP, so that you can add us as friends and see whats going on.
    edited October 2007
    pretty please, invite pleeeeeeeeease, egads a fat indolent forty something pleading to play games WTF :bigggrin:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Can't find you on Steam spike. It's coming up with a bunch of MMMugs.
    Don't know which is you..MMMugs|FM--MMMugs|ERRANT--MMMugs|Hansen[DK] and there's more...
    What's your steam ID name? Mine is {IC}Hawk.

We all try to set the {IC} in front of the name to be consistent.
    We're not so much a Clan. More like a Community Group who like to play together.
    I'll send you a friend invite.
    And prime can send you an invite to the Icrontic Group.
    I think only he has the admin privilege to invites for the IC group..
    edited October 2007
    Need to know your steam login name or your email address. :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Spike's Steam name: spikey09

and his Steam page:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/SPYKE_09
    edited October 2007
    Invite sent!:D
    edited October 2007
    Thankee hope to play some TF2 soon, how many hours are you behind GMT noticed 2 were playing when I accepted the invite at 12.00pm here gonna have to sleep the day and game the night, wonder if my boss will approve:bigggrin:
    edited October 2007
    Close to a 5-6 hour difference from those of us in the midwest :/

We're gonna have to game in the afternoon, or your gonna have to game at 4:00 in the morning!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    One of my Civ4 buddies lives in New Zealand, so we've never been able to find time to join him for a game... :/

We should force the world to switch to EST...
    edited October 2007
    hehe lag not too bad, got shot stabbed burned and whatever loving it moar please :bigggrin::bigggrin::bigggrin:
    meh just checked stats 4 kills in half an hour suxxor
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    keebs.jpg
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited October 2007
    Sledge, Keebler, Prime and I dominated the red team. It was really really bad for the other team. That was great guys. GGs.
    edited October 2007
    I went to bed at about the same time as Kyle and Perry last night, but we were still doing fairly well even in the early part of the night as well.

That last ditch capture of the C point in gravelpit was awesome!