Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Warpath is f'ing epic. I want to put it in the rotation.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Damn :( I had a weird disconnect last night during the epic-ness - both TS and TF2 disconnected simultaneously but yet my internet connection and IRC connection remained up, so I dunno. It was 1:37 am and by the time I had loaded the game back up and gotten back in - i thought "meh, just take it as a sign to go to bed". :-/

Of course I stayed up long enough to chat about TbonZ' hotness in IRC and also to find out that my team ended up winning :D

Good work, Red. Warpath is god-damned unbelievable sometimes :D

There is no way we can have that map in the rotation - it would kill the server. It's something we vote on and it seems to be working so far.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Any of you guys get this much? I do quite a lot.
    jj6400 wrote:
    I've had this happen before. Only does it when I alt-tab out of the game. It happens for me on anything that has a reflection.
    Yep... same here. Alt-tab out of the game to kick someone and this will happen with reflections :)

We must play warpath earlier... almost 2am is too damn late ;)
    edited December 2007
    I think we need to get an adminmod module installed so people can actually vote for it (>50% wins).
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    It happened to me non-stop out of nowhere a few weeks back, reinstalling video drivers fixed it for me.

That was the best Warpath battle ever. Both sides were attacking AS A TEAM, which I think is what really made the game so much fun and so fierce.
    edited December 2007
    I'm glad it came together, because during the "middle" part of the match, I had two noobie engineers on my team.. One was my friend Bobby, and he was good because he was trying to learn the map while building useful teleports and sentries, and he would actually follow advice from people who had played the map before.. The other (SpY, I think his name was) was useless. He kept maintaining a sentry in the tunnel between point 2 and the middle, which was utterly useless. I told him 3 times: DUDE MOVE UP YOUR SENTRY SO IT COVERS THE MIDDLE POINT that we fought so damned hard for.... And...... nothing. There the sentry stayed. :-/
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    after you left prime some guys were talking like there was a newer version of warpath that came out? I dunno I went to fpsbanana.com and downloaded their "final" version of the map and it didn't seem different at all. Something to look into.

BTW: with the holidays coming I will be going back to a 56k connection so I won't be playing much TF2 until late January. Hold down the fort without me will ya!
    edited December 2007
    as far as I know, the version we have is the final version.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:

BTW: with the holidays coming I will be going back to a 56k connection so I won't be playing much TF2 until late January. Hold down the fort without me will ya!

Man, that sucks! :(
    edited December 2007
    Found another screenie, geez, I really came undone in this one. ;D
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited December 2007
    Finally got around to converting some screen shots..
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    TBonZ wrote:

stop using acid.

JK XD! its a shader issue im pretty sure, try updating gfx drivers and reinstall tf2?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    I think we need to get an adminmod module installed so people can actually vote for it (>50% wins).

seconded
    edited December 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    after you left prime some guys were talking like there was a newer version of warpath that came out? I dunno I went to fpsbanana.com and downloaded their "final" version of the map and it didn't seem different at all. Something to look into.

No, no, they were saying a PREVIOUS version had more materials laying around. Health packs and metal crates where there currently are health bottles and ammo boxes.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I've played that one, _b5. The lockers are in the side rooms in the middle of the map, and it really makes things painful and unbalanced in the map...not to mention the doors to those side rooms are all messed up.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited December 2007
    93% complete!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    So how fairs the killing? Haven't been able to get on in a few days due to moving back home for winter break and having problems getting internet hooked up :(. Hopefully I can get back on tomorrow.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Just found this, I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard. A good watch until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGrjcgSeAA
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Has anyone heard if they are ever going to release 'Meet the Character' videos for any of the other characters?
    edited December 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Just found this, I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard. A good watch until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGrjcgSeAA

That's awesome!!!! Great find!
    edited December 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Has anyone heard if they are ever going to release 'Meet the Character' videos for any of the other characters?

I could see them releasing more as they release the achievement packs. It would make sense to me at least...
    edited December 2007
    I wonder how the monologue for "Meet the Pyro" is gonna go.

"Mmmfmfffffmff mff mff mmff fmfmm fmf ffmmmm fmmm hanna hanna hanaaaaaaa"
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    If the "meet the pyro" video was simply Prime's version of the monologue with the rest of the video dedicated to every other class running around screaming "FIRE FIRE!" That would be good enough for me.
    edited December 2007
    I GOT IT!

mmmhh mmmmfff hhhmmmmfff *guitar solo* mf mmmfff mf mf mf ffm * squirts flame thrower* FMMMMMMFHHHMMMFFHHMM *runs in circles using flamethrower and lights evey on fire and cheers* *mulled laugh* FIN =)
    edited December 2007
    I wonder how the monologue for "Meet the Pyro" is gonna go.

"Mmmfmfffffmff mff mff mmff fmfmm fmf ffmmmm fmmm hanna hanna hanaaaaaaa"

I say the pyro is a chick
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited December 2007
    I say the pyro is a chick

Its a TRAP!
    edited December 2007
    Its a TRAP!

It is used my the pyro to simply create the "OMG A GURL WUTZ DHAT" effect on the basement geeks to stun them and torch them...which is why they are so overplayed :bigggrin:
    edited December 2007
    Another update today.
    December 20, 2007 - Team Fortress 2/source Engine Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2
    • Sudden Death mode is now a server option (a convar) and defaults to OFF
    • Sapped buildings now take slightly less damage from the Spy who sapped them
    • The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding
    • Fixed an rcon/console command that could cause server crashes
    • Prevented players from playing the "civilian" class
    • Prevented players from hiding their name in the scoreboard
    • Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons
    • Fixed decals not being correctly applied to the world in some cases

Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons...Hmm...didn't so much think this was an exploit as much as a way to help out.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I also didn't realize that that was an exploit... I thought that was how it was supposed to work. I mean, it's not really that powerful, since you can't heal anyone while the ubercharge is thusly paused...

Also:

'civilian' class?!
    edited December 2007
    Sudden Death sucks, and I'm glad it defaults to ff.