jj6400 wrote:

LOL@Brians message! "I AXED YOU A QUESTION". Very clever. ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    LOL@Brians message! "I AXED YOU A QUESTION". Very clever. ;D

Didn't even notice that. Kinda cool that I just happened to have caught it :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Jeebus, lynx! :eek2:;D

Just one of those "on" days, I suppose :cool:
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    HAHAHA that game we were all heavys was so flipping funny!!! I was surprised that we were doing so well.
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited March 2008
    I heard a rumor that the huge update is coming on March 10, anyone else heard the same thing? I've tried looking on the steam forums but haven't found anything concrete.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Jeebus, lynx! :eek2:;D

stupid effin crits...walked right into it.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    EPIC warpath was EPIC last night. You know who you are, it was a good one. My team pwned faces and still lost in Sudden Death, but that's how it goes. Nice D.

Also, this was my first round since the changes to reserve ammo for soldier and I have to say that as a man with 35+ hours as soldier I am glad they cut the reserve in half.
    edited March 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    EPIC warpath was EPIC last night. You know who you are, it was a good one. My team pwned faces and still lost in Sudden Death, but that's how it goes. Nice D.

Also, this was my first round since the changes to reserve ammo for soldier and I have to say that as a man with 35+ hours as soldier I am glad they cut the reserve in half.

I missed Warpath!!!!!????? BLAST!

On the topic of the nerfed ammo for demomen and soldiers, I don't know how I feel about it. While its nice that it has become harder to spam with them, that was also a basic tactic when there is a group of guys just sitting waiting for uber or something.

Oh ya, I still need to upload the tf2 alignments picture. I'll do that when i get home.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    jj6400 wrote:
    On the topic of the nerfed ammo for demomen and soldiers, I don't know how I feel about it. While its nice that it has become harder to spam with them, that was also a basic tactic when there is a group of guys just sitting waiting for uber or something.

The way I look at it Soldier is a major player for an effective offense. When I play as Heavy or Pyro I run out of ammo if i'm not careful and I have to work that into my play style. Until the recent changes to reserve ammo for Soldier it was VERY rare that I would run out of rockets and I could be fairly careless with them. However, while playing last night I had to slightly adjust my play style in order to take ammunitions into account and it was a positive change for my game.

Plus, if you kill enough folks there's ammo all over the place. :bigggrin:
    edited March 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    The way I look at it Soldier is a major player for an effective offense. When I play as Heavy or Pyro I run out of ammo if i'm not careful and I have to work that into my play style. Until the recent changes to reserve ammo for Soldier it was VERY rare that I would run out of rockets and I could be more or less careless with them. However, while while playing last night I had to slightly adjust my play style in order to take ammunitions into account and it was a positive change for my game.

Ya, I guess that does seem to be the case. I trust valve with all they've done so far to let this one slide and realize that it was probably for the best.
    mas0n wrote:
    Plus, if you kill enough folks there's ammo all over the place. :bigggrin:

Until the trigger-happy, spy-suspicious pyro (:rolleyes2:rolleyes::bigggrin:aka. me:bigggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes2) comes running by and grabs every single piece of ammo on the ground in seconds (generally without realizing it). Then a major part of your offense has to run all the way back to the dispenser which the engineer most likely has it empty, so you have to wait for a few seconds, etc...etc...etc...
    edited March 2008
    the demoman grenade nerf is BS, the stickey's i can live with, but once you run out of grenades in close combat u might as well pull out the whiskey bottle, cause you are worthless then.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Man, I haven't played with you guys for like two weeks.:sad2: You have no idea how much I want to play right now.
    edited March 2008
    I told a few people i would post this pic so here it is.
    edited March 2008
    TF2. Now. Winfrey. On. Play. Now. Go.
    edited March 2008
    LIES. He was at a LAN. He couldn't play with us :-/
    edited March 2008
    LIES. He was at a LAN. He couldn't play with us :-/

At the time of the post he WAS on and he WAS playing. Fail for being too slow.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Truth.

I surprised myself by not sucking at TF2 despite a three-week layoff.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Truth.

I surprised myself by not sucking at TF2 despite a three-week layoff.

OMG Winfr3y playing TF2!?!? If you are able to play again, I'll stop pretending that I can play a soldier and go back to healbotting fulltime.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    next friday sir. It will be go time. Otherwise I won't be on much at all.
    edited March 2008
    Eggroll, Gnome Queen and I found an awesome new map. I added it to the server, we all need to get in on it and play.

It's called moonwalk, it's a ctf map. There are two bases and then a middle area - and in the middle area is low grav (but nothing excessive). It's done "just right" and is a pretty well balanced map.

We had a blast.

real name is ctf_moonwalk_b1 for those who have rcon access
    edited March 2008
    low gravity makes a demoman useless, the grenades just float.
    edited March 2008
    not quite. They work fine in this map. You'll see.
    edited March 2008
    not quite. They work fine in this map. You'll see.

We must play this tonite!!!111!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!1!!11111!!!!!! lawls

Edit: Could someone PM me the rcon password please??
    edited March 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    low gravity makes a demoman useless, the grenades just float.

The low gravity does make the regular nade gun harder to use, but it makes the stickygun significantly better itll catch floaters.
    edited March 2008
    download it from Icrontic.
    edited March 2008
    download it from Icrontic.

don't forget to add it to the mappack.
  • edited March 2008
    I've thought that I should buy this for some time now. Probably will next month.

Prime, I've added on Steam.

Edit: Thought I'd might post my steam id for easier access for those who would like to add a newbie

http://steamcommunity.com/id/critchki