Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Are you running any type of UI mod? Have you tried deleting and redownloading (I mean delete even the backup files of TF)? Also, what video card are you using? Are the drivers up to date?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    pigflipper wrote:
    Are you running any type of UI mod? Have you tried deleting and redownloading (I mean delete even the backup files of TF)? Also, what video card are you using? Are the drivers up to date?

Nope not yet. I'd been pushing that until this weekend. I might go ahead and get it started.
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited April 2008
    that all-sniper team was among the finest moments of camaraderie I've experienced in TF2. I believe I was one of those 2 dead blue snipers in that screener...
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    AirCanuck wrote:
    that all-sniper team was among the finest moments of camaraderie I've experienced in TF2. I believe I was one of those 2 dead blue snipers in that screener...

Nothing like a groping group of gruesome goners or some cute cadaver camaraderie to warm a TF2er's heart...

Prime,
    Euphemisms are against my religion.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Apparently alliteration is not though :tongue:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    TIBERIUS!! :rant:

Do you see a pattern here?

tiberius1.jpg

tiberius2.jpg

tiberius3.jpg
    edited April 2008
    I see this a LOT. Notice how unfazed she looks as one of my teammates explodes into bits between us.

snowy1.jpg

This was just some random player on our server, but I thought the name Shelly Girl on this mean lookin' engineer was funny

shellygirl1.jpg
    edited April 2008
    TIBERIUS!! :rant:

Do you see a pattern here?

Hmmm...:confused:... Don't think so. We do seem to be on opposite teams a lot...:smiles:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I actually signed on to play last night...first time in a long time and I must say that Warpath is a fun map :D

I sucked before, but I must say that time off does not help. Here are a couple highlights of the evening.

mason.jpg
    lynx.jpg
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Where is update?! RAWR!
    edited April 2008
    CB Droege wrote:
    Where is update?! RAWR!

Valve is a vampire
    edited April 2008
    CB Droege wrote:
    Where is update?! RAWR!

I was wondering why this thread hasn't been mobbed by effusive comments on the new achievements and such.

I remember pre-ordering the orange box and they were a day or so late and pretty much people's comments were this:
    Posted 15 min before release of beta:
    OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ZOMG YES!!1!1!!
    Posted 15 min after scheduled release of beta
    **** VALVE!!!
    Posted after actual release of beta:
    OMG I LOVE TF2, VALVE IS GOD!!!11!!!

*sigh

lemme know if it gets released tomorrow, I should be on.
    edited April 2008
    It is finally that time!

Team Fortress 2: Gold Rush Update Available Now

April 29, 2008, 5:59 pm - Alden Kroll

<hr> The Team Fortress 2: Gold Rush Update is now available, free to owners of Team Fortress 2 via Steam. The Gold Rush Update introduces the new Gold Rush map and Payload gameplay style, the first set of unlockable weapons, and a new set of achievements for the Medic.

In other TF2 news, a worldwide Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend will begin Friday at noon PDT, and will include access to the new content released today in the TF2: Gold Rush Update. Using the functionality made available through Steam and Steamworks, all of the files needed to join the Free Weekend are available for pre-loading now.

The Free Weekend is open to players around the world, and there is no obligation to purchase to participate; all that is needed is a Steam account to join.

To start pre-loading everything you need to play on Friday and learn more about Team Fortress 2, please visit www.steamgames.com/goldrush
    Team Fortress 2 Update Released

April 29, 2008, 5:58 pm - Jason Ruymen

<hr> Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

• Improved particle performance on multi-core machines
    • Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved there from TF2’s multiplayer options)
    • Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes defined in Vista

Team Fortress 2

• Added Goldrush
    • Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu
    • Added 39 Medic achievements
    • Added unique Medic items:
      • The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw
    • Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
    • Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman
    • Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode
      • Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps
    • Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
    • Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points
    • Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
    • Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target
    • Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts
    • Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers
    • Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health
    • Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons
    • Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front
    • Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire
    • Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
    • Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing
    • Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements
    • For mapmakers:
      • Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken
      • Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable
      • Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules
      • Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint
    • Granary
      • Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle
      • Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs
      • Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns
    • 2Fort
      • Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways
      • Added small ammo and health to top of spiral
      • Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck
      • Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

Portal

Fixed a rare crash related to bone setup
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    no one cares about portal

i just want the medic achievements and goldrush

OHH!!! i see spies can use teleporters now... FINALLY!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Ha! I started with two of the Achievements already achieved... I got 'Chief of Staff by far since I already have 1.6 million accumulated heal points. :)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Oh, nice! You can get achievements retroactively? Schweeet.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I actually signed on to play last night...first time in a long time and I must say that Warpath is a fun map :D

I sucked before, but I must say that time off does not help. Here are a couple highlights of the evening.

lynx.jpg

I must say, I'm looking pretty darn good right here! That was a fun night, it had been a long time since I had swapped bullets with you Ryder.

Speaking of fun, last night's match on Gold Rush was AWESOME. One of the best TF2 games I've ever played. I had 6 people dominated at one point with an almost 20 point spread between my score and 2nd place.

Just one of those days, gotta enjoy them while you can.

A few moments in pictures.

cannonbloodied.jpg

kritzkrieg.jpg

pragsightingin.jpg

primesmirk.jpg

Oh yeah, and I found this image of a repeat offender previously mentioned in this topic:

tiberiusdance.jpg

Dangit Tiberius!
    edited May 2008
    I look damned good in that pic ;D
    edited May 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Dangit Tiberius!

:-/ I sorries. Gotta do what I gotsta do. ;)
    edited May 2008
    I got the first medic gun. Its tight! I killed a heavy one-v-one because of the gun's healing abilities.
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited May 2008
    bah. I still don't have like any of these medic achievements cause I don't like going medic - but I feel that if I don't earn them I'll soon be obsolete...
    edited May 2008
    ill be on tonight. Be there or be square:D
    edited May 2008
    yo tambien (me too)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Hope the fragging is good tonight. I see you're all playing on steam community. However, I'm in South Bend from the night with only my laptop. I've got to be up in 5 hours to help out for live coverage of the Blossomtime parade in St. Joe, MI tomorrow. WNDU-TV will be there live, and I'll be following camera ops and carrying their cabling. Should be a good time.
    edited May 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Hope the fragging is good tonight. I see you're all playing on steam community. However, I'm in South Bend from the night with only my laptop. I've got to be up in 5 hours to help out for live coverage of the Blossomtime parade in St. Joe, MI tomorrow. WNDU-TV will be there live, and I'll be following camera ops and carrying their cabling. Should be a good time.
    South Bend is the greatest city IN THE WORLD!!! because i live there
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    My gf is gone and nothing else to do! It's so on tonight b!tch!
    edited May 2008
    YEAH BOI:rockon:
    edited May 2008
    Missed it :-/
    edited May 2008
    So, Goldrush is a pretty good map. And there are a crap-ton of medics now. I didn't even try to get any of the achievements :rolleyes2:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    A Couple things I have noticed in Goldrush....

The reflections off of the Sniper scope sometimes show you different rooms then the one you are in. Example: As a red sniper, you see point A while in the spawn room in the third round.

Damage can be done through the doors during setup. I don't remember being able to do that on other levels. (please correct me if I am wrong)

I have noticed a few texture conflicts. Example: Blue team spawn in the first round, the rails going out the back doors of the spawn.

I also wonder everyones thoughts on the achievement building servers? Infinite uber? Where is the since of accomplishment in that?

-Bobby