Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Whens the last time IC server had a full server. The last 5 or 6 nights have been me, k, caffran, and canti. sometimes iceman

I apologize for the IC server being dead last sat-sun. I was visiting ICHQ, and when I do that everything else stops.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    ^ trufe
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    well tonight its on tell the break of dawn and someone just called me john from on back down the hall so break yourself. SCREAMING EAGLES!!!
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    well tonight its on tell the break of dawn and someone just called me john from on back down the hall so break yourself. SCREAMING EAGLES!!!
    what he said...
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I believe it is time to introduce myself,

I am BobbyDigi, I don't know (but would be honored) if any of you recognize that name from the random times I play on the server. I have been having some epic runs lately and would like to get on the server when there are other IC members so I may attempt to prove myself. My taste for class seems to be changing recently. I used to play Engi for hours apon hours. I camped on intel a lot. Then I learned how to be a good engi and started racking up some points. I also love medic and have been playing less and less of him after the medic pack came out but still love medic-ing it up when needed. I forced myself to play sniper for a few rounds so I could get my 25 headshot achievement and it has cought on. I used to never play as sniper and now I find myself walking around randomly blurting "Thanks for standin' still WANKA!". I am epic fail at spy. Everyone else I can manage, have most of my records for damage as a demo. I also spend about equal amounts of time in Hammer as I do in game. I am working on a map, I hope it is awesome when it is done. I am close to setting up a dedicated server to host the most recent build in attempts to get feedback.

I was introduced to Icrontic by the Grand Puba himself, Mr Prime. He hosted a buddy of mines website and when he found out we played TF2 invited us to play on his server. Now I am becoming active on the games forum, have donated to the server fund and have assumed the clan name, adding {IC} to my Steam ID. Always looking forward to the next battle.

I am in Ca and it seems every time I get on the IC server, I catch the end of some good stuff, and everyone goes to bed. I wish I had my rig here at work (local ISP, Waiting for phone to ring) so I could hop on tonight, I will not be able to until after 10pm tonight (pacific time)

So yeah, a small mind dump. In short "Hi, Look forward to playin' more with ya's"

-Bobby
    edited May 2008
    *Boink*
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've seen ya a coupla of times Bobby, and ya you were usually our engineer :bigggrin:

Good luck with your new map, maybe we can get it on IC server for a general play and discussion to get you some feedback.
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Sorry I wasn't on last night, my mom was really sick. She thought she was having a heart attack, but come to find out it was just a pinched nerve in her back along with a very bad case of heart burn. So I'll be on tonight granted there's no more problems.

It's nice to meet you Bobby!! Ive seen ya around on the tf2 servers and your a great player. I'm proud to say I took part in you're achievement for head shots lol. I look forward to seeing more of you on the servers.

Cheers!!!
    edited May 2008
    BOBBYDIGI!

Also: you'll all be happy to know that Bobby appreciates fine beers ;)
    edited May 2008
    It's always nice to meet a fellow drunk,,,I mean beer connoisseur
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    TF2 tonight?! Yes, please.
    edited May 2008
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by _k_
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    what he said...
    edited May 2008
    Whenever you call me, I’ll be there
    Whenever you want me, I'll be there
    Whenever you need me, I'll be there
    I'll be around
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Whenever you call me, I’ll be there
    Whenever you want me, I'll be there
    Whenever you need me, I'll be there
    I'll be around

that song is now stuck in my head, thank you for that
    edited May 2008
    jokerz4fun wrote:
    that song is now stuck in my head, thank you for that
    MUHOHAHAHA
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I actually got to play last night and it was awesome.
    edited May 2008
    WHAT HAPPENED TO WEEZER? Last night his game was off. I saw him stab thin air behind a heavy several times :p
    edited May 2008
    I know man! It SUCKED. Still pissed off EVERYONE on the other team though. Mas0n even wished physical harm upon me.
    edited May 2008
    bawahahahahaha he's just jealous of your mad skillz.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Yeah... I had bad dreams last night.... no pictures... just a floating name....

..... WEEZER ......
    edited May 2008
    Q you were really the only one that was hard to get. you placed all your buildz in a corner and then hid. and as soon as i sapped em you came up and crit wrenched me. prime had to go in and do the dirty work for me.
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Q you were really the only one that was hard to get. you placed all your buildz in a corner and then hid. and as soon as i sapped em you came up and crit wrenched me. prime had to go in and do the dirty work for me.
    OK, I did do that quite a bit but before that, when I wasn't and eng, you were a great spy and sniper.

That one board was really bad for you... corners and my heightened sense of paranoia got you bludgeoned to death a few times. I'm glad the wrench doesn't hurt friends or there would have been a pile of bodies by mah buildings!!!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    The thing about the spy: It's not that a good spy kills me more than a good player in another class. It's that a spy kill is much more frustrating. I could get killed eight times in a row by the same demo man, and just shrug it off, and get back out there, but getting killed just twice in a row by the same back-stabbing spy will make me feel like not playing anymore.

It really damages the moral of the opponents to do so much back-stabbery, and in that sense it's a good strategy. If I've been back-stabbed a couple of times, my game will be off for the next few lives, because I'll be so worried about getting stabbed again. That makes the kills easier for the rest of the opposition's team. :P

In another sense it's sort-of a bad strategy because (unlike other ways of killing opponents) if you do it too much, people will stop playing, then you don't have anyone left to win against. ;)
    edited May 2008
    CB wrote:
    The thing about the spy: It's not that a good spy kills me more than a good player in another class. It's that a spy kill is much more frustrating. I could get killed eight times in a row by the same demo man, and just shrug it off, and get back out there, but getting killed just twice in a row by the same back-stabbing spy will make me feel like not playing anymore.

It really damages the moral of the opponents to do so much back-stabbery, and in that sense it's a good strategy. If I've been back-stabbed a couple of times, my game will be off for the next few lives, because I'll be so worried about getting stabbed again. That makes the kills easier for the rest of the opposition's team. :P

In another sense it's sort-of a bad strategy because (unlike other ways of killing opponents) if you do it too much, people will stop playing, then you don't have anyone left to win against. ;)

Everyone goes insane when i stab em a few times. They begin to move back and forth and do quick looks behind them. CB, i saw just standing near a sentry, flaming it every now and then to check for spies. You got me a few times.
    edited May 2008
    I almost forget there is a spy class... until I get yacked a couple of times. Then I am more vigilant. The good part is that I often do not look behind me regardless of the spying. I've been killed by a scout and his tiny look-a-like batt that way.

After I've been back stabbed, I usually play better afterwords. I am always looking back and I've caught non-spys coming up and THEY are surprised when they are burning instead of kill'n. It kind of goes both ways...

Now... I REALLY hate snipers. I cannot figure out how you can look through that tiny portion of the screen and hit a jumping target.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Everyone goes insane when i stab em a few times. They begin to move back and forth and do quick looks behind them. CB, i saw just standing near a sentry, flaming it every now and then to check for spies. You got me a few times.

I can admit to doing that! the other night I was freaking out looking for you. I turned up my headphones and was blasting anything that sounded like footsteps. UGH I HATE YOU,,,I LOVE YOU,,,HATE YOU LOVE YOU,,,,I'M SO TORN!!!!!!
    edited May 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Now... I REALLY hate snipers. I cannot figure out how you can look through that tiny portion of the screen and hit a jumping target.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Really, its the targets fault. When he sees the sniper he starts moving in a pattern; left right jump crouch left right jump crouch.... The sniper just picks a spot in the pattern like crouch and BANG HEADSHOT! at least thats how i do it.

REMEMBER THAT!!!
    edited May 2008
    So... do NOT do patterns.... ;D Is there a "Scream" command?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I got raped by Weezer's knife way too many times last night. Yes, it made me want to quit but I am stubborn and tried to persevere...didn't really work out to well. :P
    edited May 2008
    Weezer gave Perry some spy advice last night. I said to Perry: "When WEEZER gives you spy advice, you LISTEN, son..."

Spy is my #4 most played class. It's part of my overall strategy of "distract, harrass, and demoralize" A spy can be a GREAT demoralizer. And instead of CB's "they'll leave if you piss them off", I find that people tend to get more edgy and sometimes go pyro specifically to hunt you down... Which effectively removes them from your team.

I do the same with engineer. There is something deep-rooted about people that says "I CANNOT LET THE ENGINEER BUILD A DISPENSER NEAR OUR SPAWN. MUST DESTROY ALL BUILDINGS." You can drop a teleporter exit, for example, in a completely ludicrous place and the opposing team will go to great lengths to chase you down and kill you. Then you respawn and do it again, and the same three enemies will hunt you down again, rinse and repeat. This basically removes them from the action and gives your team a numbers advantage.