What are you drinking?

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited January 2010
    Fuck American Whiskey.

Drink Scotch.

Be a [strike]Highlander err Scott err, 'eff it[/strike]!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I'm trinking some fabulous coffee. Stumptown Roasters, Hair Bender Blend
    It's a bit pricey (11$ for 12oz. plus shipping, unless you're lucky enough to live in the Seattle or NY area where they have stores). They roast the coffee the day that they ship it. It. Is. FABULOUS.
    edited January 2010
    I've heard so many good things about Stumptown Roasters and it looks like they have cool places too, saw at least one of their stores on the Slayer Espresso (also, drool) Flickr stream.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Prime: you posted on teh twitterwebs that you tried K-brew's Flemish sour ale. What's that like? I can't even imagine a "sour ale." Well, I can, but I keep thinking about Warheads.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Next time you're in town I'll take you to a store where we can buy a bottle. It's pretty much what it sounds like.
    edited February 2010
    I <3 sour beer, do want.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Delicious, delicious Kendall Jackson cabernet sauvignon
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Sour beer! argh!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Went on a quick grocery run, and there was a 6-pack of Sam Adams Noble Pils. Yum!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Popov Vodka straight from the bottle with a Bud Light chaser.

double the suck.
    edited April 2010
    While in San Francisco (well, Santa Clara to be specific) I had Jonny Walker Gold and Lagavulin 16 year single malt. Gold was good, but the Lagavulin was outstanding. Its flavor was exceptional. Stellar scotch.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Trying to loose weight and beer do not go hand and hand, but I will thank the good people at Yuengling brewery for making a light lager that does not completely suck.

A couple of those made Easter dinner at least bearable.
  • edited April 2010
    Trying to loose weight and beer do not go hand and hand, but I will thank the good people at Yuengling brewery for making a light lager that does not completely suck.

A couple of those made Easter dinner at least bearable.

I usually like Sam Adams Light for taste. But I read somewhere that it is not really light in calories.

Sunday alone, I drank beer, ate 4 hot dogs, 3 ice cream sandwiches. And I noticed this morning that I lost 3 pounds in this weekend. Oh, I rode 46 miles on the bicycle as well (average speed 15mph) :bigggrin:
    edited April 2010
    mirage wrote:
    I usually like Sam Adams Light for taste. But I read somewhere that it is not really light in calories.

Sunday alone, I drank beer, ate 4 hot dogs, 3 ice cream sandwiches. And I noticed this morning that I lost 3 pounds in this weekend. Oh, I rode 46 miles on the bicycle as well (average speed 15mph) :bigggrin:

It looks like a standard Boston Lager hits 160 and a light is 124, where a Yuegling light lager is 98.

Whats amazing is there is a beer from Sierra called Bigfoot, a 12 oz serving is 330 cal, and I have had the pleasure of doing a Flying dog double dog IPA (extra bitter, not for the weak), and that is in at about 300 cal.

So, in comparison, 124 is not bad for a decent tasting bottle of brew.

The Yuengling light lager aint half bad though. Its a nice step up from Miller light which I considered the only bearable under 100 cal bottle until now. The YLL has this sort of earthy, kind of grainy flavor to it. Its not just beer flavored water. Will it replace a good German style full bodied brew? Simply put, no... but if you have to compromise, its not a bad one to make.
  • edited April 2010
    The Yuengling light lager aint half bad though. Its a nice step up from Miller light which I considered the only bearable under 100 cal bottle until now. The YLL has this sort of earthy, kind of grainy flavor to it. Its not just beer flavored water. Will it replace a good German style full bodied brew? Simply put, no... but if you have to compromise, its not a bad one to make.

Now that I just finished the 6-pack Sam Adams Light, I need to go find Yuengling this time.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    *Two Worlds merge as the fitness discussion enters the What are you drinking? thread*

I had a few beers this weekend also. Fri night I had some Coors light (It was a pitcher and I didn't buy it, not choice, but free) and on Easter I had 3 Tecates. 146 Cal each, hmmm, I'll have to keep an eye on that the next time I am in a beer drinkin sitch.

-Bobby
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Not currently drinking, since I'm at work, but yesterday I had one of the best hard ciders I've ever tasted. Ooh... and lamb chops. <3 "Easter" Dinner

82293638-5b1107d99e336e6459a930a0b0dc3cfa.4bba8836-scaled.jpg
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Half price drinks at Sonic from 2-4 PM? Hell yes! Route 44 Cherry Limeade NOM NOM NOM!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Canti wrote:
    Half price drinks at Sonic from 2-4 PM? Hell yes! Route 44 Cherry Limeade NOM NOM NOM!

I too love some half priced Sonic. I prefer the peach flavored sweet tea though.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'll be drinking some awesome stuff tomorrow night. Anyone from the Detroit Metro crew gonna join me?

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=745184
    edited April 2010
    Canti wrote:

Nooooo!!!! the HFCS will kill us all!!!!!
    edited November 2010
    Need to bring this thread back! What are you drinking?!

I'm drinking a Pipeline Porter by Kona brewing. SO GOOD. It's a very smooth beer, very little carbonation. Excellent coffee taste to it, and it has a pretty clean finish. Very drinkable. If you like dark beers with authentic coffee taste, this is one to look up (if you can get your mitts on Kona).
    edited November 2010
    Jim Beam 7 year 90-proof
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I hate you for having access to Kona beer, Bobby.

My revenge upon you will be the fact that in the last 3 days, I've had Kuhnhenn Fourth Dementia (2009), Founders Backwoods Bastard, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, New Holland Cabin Fever, Dogfish Head Namaste, JW Lees Harvest Ale (2008), Stone Vertical Epic 10.10.10, and WAB Vanilla Porter.

Right now I'm drinking on Jackhammer from Arbor Brewing which I'd call a passable, very traditional English old ale.
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited November 2010
    Keystone. It is a step up from the 2 bottles of mickys 'fine' malt liquor my roommate once brought home, both brown-bagged too.
    edited November 2010
    kless001 wrote:
    Keystone. It is a step up from the 2 bottles of mickys 'fine' malt liquor my roommate once brought home, both brown-bagged too.

What?! You have a problem with Mickey's?!!!!! Them be fightin words! I would rather drink Mickey's than drink Keystone.
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited November 2010
    The truth is I am an amateur and can't handle malt liquor. Sure, the first swig tastes like lager but the subsequent swigs are, something sinister...
    edited December 2010
    Trying a new beer from a new brewery today.

Lost Coast Brewing, Eureka California (way up North). The beer is their winter seasonal, named Winterbraun Ale. It's a brown ale brewed with Chocolate and Caramel hops, topped off Czech Saaz hops with to add some spice to the mix.

Pours pretty dark, nearly fully opaque, and has a thin head. Moderate carbination. It has an almost sweet smell to it, slight traces of spice. There are strong chocolate notes on the tongue, and the caramel can be picked up too. It finishes with just a touch of bitterness, and goes down clean.

Pretty awesome beer. I'd give it an 8/10. This one finds a sweet spot in my favored dark beer taste range.

I'd suggest checking out, but I realize most of you are nowhere near Eureka, CA.
    edited December 2010
    I just joined Rate Beer, btw. UPSLynx. If you're on it, follow me and such.

Ryan, I couldn't find you.
    edited December 2010
    Vast amounts of ABC Rum ftw!

Also, I will hate life tomorrow.