What are you drinking?

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I picked up a six pack of this stuff at a local market today. Oh man is it heavenly
    oni_delsBobbyDigi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Looks awesome @Cola, going to go look for it at my local store.

I ended up picking this up at my local LCBO last Friday, on a beer run with friends I saw it on a final run through of the store (Was looking for more Wychwood) and picked it up straightaway.

I'm always up for supporting microbrews made in Canada and holy crap this stuff is delicious, normally I'm not a cider guy (Though according to friends what I've had before now isn't top rate) but oh man it's just awesome.

They may or may not export it, if they don't I'll just do another Canada run like last EPIC.
    oni_dels
    So I'm drinking what we've dubbed: Rear

I have this Rear in my mouth, it's a shot of Kraken in a vanilla porter. It's strangely delicious, and I'm not sure if I'm crazy for liking this. @UPSLynx will agree, this stuff is worth a shot.
    UPSLynx
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

This was a little hoppy for my tastes but it was still relatively enjoyable, far more so after a cider or two. (On that dear gods I have a problem it's like drinking alcoholic soda I just can't stop.)
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I was surprised by this one, if only because I'm not particularly impressed with Snake Dog.

Cliff_Forster
    edited January 2014
    I'm discovering that you don't want to spend your entire night with Rear in your mouth
    UPSLynx
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying other ciders besides woodchuck recently

oni_delsardichoke
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Visited Coronado Brewing Co. last night and checked that off my conquest list - tasters are second cheapest in SD behind Green Flash, but bonus points for flights. Ballast Point will be next...

No one's upset at $3 pints.
    UPSLynx
    Please tell me there is a place I can get that pear cider
  • georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian
    Tonight was Nostradamus by Brasserie Caracole (Belgian brown ale) and this on draft:
    oni_dels

I was surprised by this one, if only because I'm not particularly impressed with Snake Dog.

@MiracleManS - I've been on an IPA kick lately. Heavy Seas Loose Cannon got me started a couple months ago, I got some on tap with a good steak and ever since I've been sampling new ones. I had my first Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA of the year a few weeks ago. It's balanced but kind of sweet and syrupy in comparison. I actually prefer The Truth from Flying Dog, it's more earthy and floral, has that nice hop forward bitterness. The best IPA coming out of that brewery.

I agree on Snake Dog, something one dimensional about it. It's almost like eating grapefruit.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    fatcat said:

What did you think of the Angry Orchard? I personally love it. I am not a fan of the Ginger, but the Seasonal Cinnamon Apple was fantastic.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    @Cliff_Forster if you like earthy, the 60min is far more earthy to me than the 90min. I find the Sixty-One as a good change of pace.

I also highly recommend trying to find Schlafly Tasmanian IPA. Absolutely my favorite IPA in existence. The single source galaxy hops are so, so amazing.

Give Heavy Seas Black Cannon a try too. It's a wonderful take on a Black IPA.
    Cliff_Forster
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    NiGHTS said:

Visited Coronado Brewing Co. last night and checked that off my conquest list - tasters are second cheapest in SD behind Green Flash, but bonus points for flights. Ballast Point will be next...

No one's upset at $3 pints.

Tell me all about Ballast Point. Pics too plz. Get Victory at Sea on draft if they have it.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    cola said:

I picked up a six pack of this stuff at a local market today. Oh man is it heavenly

If you are every in Kona, make this brewery one of your stops. Great bear and even better pizza. They use their spent grains in their pizza dough.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    fatcat said:

Had a coworker give me a sixer of this (and another cider) after I restored his accidentally deleted email last year. It was quite tasty.

I'm also a fan of Strongbow if you can get your hands on it (doubly so if you can find it on tap! They have it at Buffalo WildWings around here at least...)
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

I'm also a fan of Strongbow if you can get your hands on it (doubly so if you can find it on tap! They have it at Buffalo WildWings around here at least...)

MolsonCoors acquired the right to distribute it last summer, so over time its gonna be more availlable everywhere
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    what are you drinking?

myself stupid
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Had 2 glasses of Leaky Roof Mead last night. Pretty good stuff, reminded me a lot of hard ciders, and it's made in Buffalo Missouri.

Could have tried some Angry Orchard, but decided to save it for another time.
    I've had two of Stone Brewing's Arrogant Bastard Ale in the past two days, and, well, it's exactly as the label suggests, an aggressive beer. I've also had the pleasure of drinking Firestone's Union Jack IPA, and it's not bad for an IPA.
    georgeh
  • DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

@BuddyJ said:
    I'm drinking Bawls while I'm at work. Blue Bawls?

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

How the fuck is a Weizen seriously different than a Pilsner glass?

oni_delsUPSLynx
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    How the fuck is a Weizen seriously different than a Pilsner glass?

The picture is bad and it should feel bad.

Weizen glasses are often mistakenly referred to as Pilsner glasses, but a true Pilsner glass has an even taper without curvature.

Source

oni_delsSnarkasmUPSLynx
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited March 2014

here's two easily distinguishable Weizen and Pils glass.

cc: @Tushon @Snarkasm‌

UPSLynx
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

@Guppy said:
    Drinking a bottle of Crunkle Sam. I got it just because of the label.

Clown Shoes is awesome. Their stouts Vampire Killer and Blaecorn Unidragon are fantastic.

• georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

@MAGIC said:
    Clown Shoes is awesome. Their stouts Vampire Killer and Blaecorn Unidragon are fantastic.

The only one I've had from them is their Black IPA which had strong notes of vinyl. Would not recommend.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

Absente

Disappointed to find out this isn't actual absinthe, but at least now I have some idea of what to expect from the real thing. I'll invest in a good bottle soon.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Samuel Smith Taddy Porter

-Digi

PirateNinja