What are you drinking?

Comments

• Tuesday night I had my first ever mug of pirates grog. It amazes me how a simple mixture of rum, water and spices can be so delicious.
    oni_dels
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    The Legend:

It's really as good as everyone says. One of the best Russian Imperial Stouts I've had. The 2013 vintage is solid, and it's huge at nearly 14%.

Pours a very dark opaque, very thin dark head. Nose is nice, mellow, malty, big. Thick mouthfeel, barrel aged notes up front with heavy malt, chocolate notes, not very bitter, extremely smooth and alcohol sneaks in with the finish. Phenomenal beer, one of the best I've had. If you can find a bottle, get one.
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    The Poet from New Holland Brewing Company.
    It's got a decent taste, but feels kind of watered-down. It's not bad, but it could be better.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    The Poet is a good overall drinking beer, but yeah, I feel the same way about it. Enjoyable, but missing some punch that I've come to expect out of craft stouts.

Or maybe I've just become too hooked on Imperials like the above-mentioned Parabola.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I had a beer from a home brew shop this past weekend at a brewfest...it was a smoked porter infused with Rosemary and Thyme. It was the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth...
    WagsFTW
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    A can of Dr Pepper. Oh dear.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    +
    +
    +
    =Tomorrow
    I want to know how that beverage is.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Delicious. It's better if you mix mostly 7up and a bit of blueberry lemonade rather than vice versa. I tried both vodkas alone and find the verry berry to taste a bit like some kind of high alcohol cough syrup. It's great mixed but alone is kinda crap. I could see the vanilla being pretty good straight if you're into that but I really don't like straight liquor. Mixing it with rootbeer turns out pretty good.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Way too much.
    Canti
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    Hot Chocolate. It is underrated and has been there for me since the sandbox.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    lime and raspberry pale ale, one of the best microbrew in quebec (and everywhere else)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I had the best damn Manhattan I've ever tasted at Madeline's in Ithaca, NY the other weekend. I made the mistake of not asking what kind of whiskey they used for it. I am ashamed.

I also had the best filet mignon I've ever tasted and probably the best cheesecake I've ever had as well. Seriously, that place has their game in a whole other universe.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    It disappeared from Michigan distributors for a while, but one of my all-time favorites is back!

Theakston's Old Peculier (yes, that's the way it's spelled).

A nice heavy Yorkshire ale that pours a delicious dark, almost black brown-red with a flavor to match.

Some interesting facts about Old Peculier

1. It's only available on-tap within 50 miles of the brewery
    2. The brewmaster keeps a sample cask at the brewery for each one he sends out
    3. Every day, he samples every single sample cask, and if he thinks anything is not 100% right about it, immediately ships a new barrel to the pub
    4. It's utterly delicious (seriously, a 93 from The Bros)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/359/926
    oni_delsWagsFTW
    Having a blueberry port from Americana Winery which we picked up during a recent trip to Ithaca, NY. It's amazing. Doesn't look like they sell it on their website at this point, but if they ever do (or if you're ever in the finger lakes area) I recommend at least sampling it.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited July 2013

First a nice cream flavor but it's ambushed and beaten up by alcohol leaving the cream flavor destroyed and forgotten.
    Apparently @pragtastic will appreciate this.... I picked up a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey for my pending vacation. I will be enjoying proper Manhattans all week (or at least until the bottle is gone). I even remembered to get a bottle of angostura bitters.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Baileys The Original Shooter, and Milk on the rocks. Enjoyable.
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    Local pub's microbrew. Support local economy. Be a good person by getting drunk.
    UPSLynx
    Boulevard Bully! Porter. So tassssttttyyyyyyyy
    Koreish
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    3oz Cherry Vodka, 12 oz Fresca, Ice. I have no explanation, just give it a try.
    oni_delsTushonUPSLynx
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    Earl Grey with a splash of Meyers Rum accompanied by a Curivari 4000 Limitada. The things you discover on Safari in one of the old colonies.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    Captain Morgan Original Spice - Mountain Dew - Fiji Water. It was okay.

Captain Morgan Original Spice - Ramune Melon Flavored. Maybe too much Ramune.
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    I know this is blasphemy around here but I had a Mike's hard blood orange lemonade at a BBQ today and it was delightful :)
    How is that blasphemy?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Vinho Verde is sooo goooood
    Coors Light. My brother bought a case of it for some get-together and gave me the task of finishing what's left. I've also got some Mackinac Island Fudge Stout, but I'm not sure if I'll get to it tonight.
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    Canti said:

How is that blasphemy?

Because many people around here take beer very seriously. I generally drink mixed drinks and Smirnoff beverages. If I drink beer, it's usually Rolling Rock pale ale.
    edited July 2013
    Blasphemy is delicious. Don't apologize for enjoying tasty drinks just because someone might dislike that it wasn't a limited edition special brew bottled 50 years ago and hidden away in a basement for longer than they've been alive. I mean hell, if you really want to talk blasphemy I enjoy drinking this dog piss.

SPOILERS IT WASN'T DOG PISS AT ALL JUST DOG! END SPOILERS
    edited July 2013

I think I mixed it wrong because it's way too sweet. I ended up dumping half of it. I'll experiment a bit and see if I can find the right mixture.