SMx Project Current Parts List

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I wasn't aware you could RMA such an old board? But if you can, great.

No, I hadn't noticed the caps.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    ohhhhhhhh I got the impression it didnt work hence the RMA. If you can get the sucker replaced do it! new board is a new board!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Seth, u get the package I sent today @ 8:45am or what?!.. :D...hope everything works good. Maybe with the hard drives I sent we can get SM22 going eh!

fc
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Yes sir, I got it!
  • VileDaRKNiGHTVileDaRKNiGHT Hudson FL
    edited May 2004
    I have a HSF im willing to donate but i think it will drive the host insane. its a thermaltake volcano 7. its rather loud. :-/
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Hey, gang - let's revive this thread. :D

I'll post an updated Parts List soon, we have a lot of new items just in.

Speaking of which...
    lemonlime Is Awesome!!!!!!!
    :smokin:

Our biggest needs of late have been MB's Memory, CPU's, and HD's. Thanks to lemonlime we are set in the Hard Drive category for some time to come. FIFTEEN 4GB drives for the SMx Project!

:celebrate

Thanks a TON, buddy! :respect:
    edited October 2005
    Holy crap! Cheers, lemonlime! :rockon:

I was going to send a couple of HDs, but I haven't been able to find them since I moved. Now I don't feel so bad :D
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited October 2005
    Wow! Super job there Lemonlime!!! That's awesome! :thumbsup:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Glad I could help :thumbsup:

I'd hate to see these things end up in the trash :buck:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Nice contribution, lemonlime!!!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    awesome! 60 Gigs!
    edited October 2005
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/ has 512mb pc3200 for $20 (limited time only, some restrictions apply, batteries cetainly not included). Might be worth snatching some up for future SMx rigs, or for upgrades for current rigs, if we've got the cash to spare.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I would like to donate a few items If possible! I have a ton of Misc items laying around my work area,

Ram - 512MB PC2100
    Mobo - 462 Socket AMD
    CPUs - Intel 2.53 Ghz - AMD Athlon XP 2400
    Fans - Case & Exaust Fans
    Heat Sinks - for A64 3200
    Power Supplies - ATX about 5 total form 350W to 550W

Let me know what you need the most of :) and a Address and I will get it to you :)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    I would like to donate a few items If possible! I have a ton of Misc items laying around my work area,

Ram - 512MB PC2100
    Mobo - 462 Socket AMD
    CPUs - Intel 2.53 Ghz - AMD Athlon XP 2400
    Fans - Case & Exaust Fans
    Heat Sinks - for A64 3200
    Power Supplies - ATX about 5 total form 350W to 550W

Let me know what you need the most of :) and a Address and I will get it to you :)

Hey Sledgehammer, all of those items would be really appreciated by the team! Just sent profdlp a PM, and he'll give you the details.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Yep... PM Prof, the Parts Manager. He handles everything parts related.
    edited October 2005
    Yes! Just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to fill you in on the details. We're hurting for RAM (most of all), CPU's, and MB's. The other stuff on your list would certainly go to good use as well. We have an Intel MB that's been waiting on a CPU for a while now.

Since I have this opportunity, let me mention that F@H doesn't really need fast memory, but with the recent large WU's it sure helps to have a lot of it. If any of you have some old RAM that's just been laying around doing nothing since your last upgrade, we sure could use it. :)
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I'm a bit too far to send anything by mail. The price of the postage would just kill the cost effectiveness. However I'm quite happy to buy the item on e-bay and have them ship it to Prof's address.

If it's RAM you hurting, for I'm happy to throw in a few sticks for the project.
    Just send me a PM Prof and let me know what you looking for. I'm sure, between the two of us we'll find what you need on e-bay :D
    edited October 2005
    If you guys are going to buy RAM, that tigerdirect thing I posted is a heck of a deal. Just in case nobody noticed ;)
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited October 2005
    Actually, TD brought their price down to $10.

Update: I have changed the SpywareShooter.com's donations to fund the SMx project. Paypal isn't being as functional as it should, so I can't sign up for half the stuff I was going to in order to support SS with the money. It seems all I can do is donate to another user. I can either just send a donation of money toward the SMx project for you guys to buy what you choose with it, or I could do as someone else said above, buy some parts on eBay and have the seller ship it to SMx. Which would you prefer?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    Whatcha got in the bin Prof?
    edited March 2006
    Things have been moving so fast that every time I have a comprehensive updated list ready to post it is outdated almost immediately. I'll get to work on it (again).

We ought to have a new rig coming out soon, if that's what you were wondering. The game is afoot. :D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited August 2006
    Prof,

Could it be possible to get a rough idea of the parts list? Other than ram what are we looking for? I've got to start cleaning up some stuff and might have a few parts around.
    edited August 2006
    I stuck a notice to get myself on the ball in the little program I use to nag myself to do things. The little popup reminders I get annoy me so much that I usually find it easier to stop procrastinating than I do to keep closing them all day long.

Look for it soon. :)
    edited August 2006
    Updating the list is still a work in progress, mainly because I want to re-test a few "iffy" parts again.

To get things going, here's a partial list of the stuff I know works:

Motherboards
    • Asrock K7Vm3
    • Abit IC7-MAX3
    • ASUS A7N8X
    • Abit KG7-RAID
    • ECS 845GV-M3

Processors

• P4 3.2 GHz
    • P4 1.7 GHz
    • P4 2.88 GHz
    • P4 3.48 GHz
    • Celeron 2.5 GHz
    • Celeron 800
    • Mobile Athlon 3000+
    • XP 1700+
    • XP 1900+
    • XP 1600+
    • Duron 950
    • Duron 800

RAM
    • (3) 256MB PC3200
    • 256MB PC2700
    • 128MB PC2700
    • 512MB PC2700
    • Gobs of PC133 Memory

Network Cards

• (5) Assorted PCI NICs

Video Cards
    • Radeon LE AGP
    • (3) Assorted PCI Video Cards

More items will be added soon, including a roundup of our Hard Drive situation. :)
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited August 2006
    Do you have any members in Australia willing to take a box on?

Datsun 1600
    edited August 2006
    Do you have any members in Australia willing to take a box on?
    We already have several members Down Undah hosting rigs:

SM26 is with Dancer
    &
    SM27 is with Jonshandbrake & DragonV8

We have several more teammates in Australia who would make great Hosts, should they care to vie for the job. :)

:ausflag:
    edited August 2006
    Well then if someone wants to vie, I could make a donation.

Datsun 1600
  • ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited August 2006
    The heart of gold shine's once again!!!!!

Later :)
    edited August 2006
    Datsun 1600, I'm going to contact a few people who may be interested in your very generous offer. I'll PM you with details once I get a response, but I can ssure you that the folks I have in mind are 100% reliable and dedicated to the FAH project. :wave::fold:
    edited September 2006
    Can you give it a folding name ;), and it can start it's journey up the standings, when I assemble it on the weekend? :fold::fold::fold:

Datsun 1600