Expo Icrontic 2010

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Holiday Inn Express at Hoover and 696, also.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thrax said dyke. Hehe
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Holiday Inn Express at Hoover and 696, also.

^ :wow2:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    lollllllllllllllllllllllll
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    This Annes is amused. Also, I'll be there. I guess.

I'll also make sure to become an expert at Cosmic Encounter. Don't want Grimnoc to be getting too arrogant.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    in of course.

+1 this year :)
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited February 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Don't want Grimnoc to be getting too arrogant.

Too late for that.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    poofie wrote:
    That's what I did when I looked at the HIE prices. That, sir, is NOT cheap (by my standards).
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The La Quinta is fairly cheap, $59 per night as of now.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    GHoosdum wrote:
    The La Quinta is fairly cheap, $59 per night as of now.

Last year I went to priceline.com and got the Courtyard by Marriott for $39 a night. It was a steal and only about five minutes from ICHQ.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'm goin for the full ICHQ experience! I will be setting aside 1/3 of the flight ticket $ Jan-Mar and will purchase my plane ticket near end of march and pulling the trigger on the Expo ticket early April.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you :D

And for what it's worth, I was the First "attending" on the Facebook page (no really... Prime doesn't count, he created the group!)

-Bobby
    edited February 2010
    Last year I went to priceline.com and got the Courtyard by Marriott for $39 a night. It was a steal and only about five minutes from ICHQ.
    Hopefully the almighty Shatner will come through for me as well.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    I'm goin for the full ICHQ experience! I will be setting aside 1/3 of the flight ticket $ Jan-Mar and will purchase my plane ticket near end of march and pulling the trigger on the Expo ticket early April.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you :D

And for what it's worth, I was the First "attending" on the Facebook page (no really... Prime doesn't count, he created the group!)

-Bobby

Double the Bobby presence! Most excellent!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    poofie wrote:
    ;D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Garrrrghahgh. They moved one of my races a week later.... to this date......... I'll have to see what happens.

/me cries
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    poofie wrote:

(pssst: That was La Quinta)
    edited February 2010
    I am inquiring about group rates for La Quinta. basically if we have enough people to fill 10 rooms for 5 nights, we can get a decent discount (think approximately $275 for 5 days)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    $275 for 5 days is $55 per night, that's only $4 off their website's normal rate... is that $275 after tax?
    edited February 2010
    To be fair: I talked to a front desk employee, not a manager. I did not get an actual quote.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I'm seeing better than 55$/night prices on priceline. If you get a better price though I'd be interested.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    10 rooms? psshhh. It is tent or bust for EPIC. suffering is the ONLY way.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I slept on the stairs to the kitchen once in 2008. Dangerous place to be, lotsa foot traffic plus snuffie hair all over and snuffie slobber. Definitely worth it though ;)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    My parents stay there when they visit and like it well enough as well.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Magic and I might be interested in a hotel group rate.

The baby-size tent with no shade was unbearable last year. Our own shower would be nice as well, without worrying about running out of hot water.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure I want to imagine the IC Hotel Party. That might be too much, even for me.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Annes wrote:
    I'm not sure I want to imagine the IC Hotel Party. That might be too much, even for me.
    I doubt any hotel would survive such an event, truth be told. :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I won't be at Expo this year.

Annes and pragtastic have dibs on half of tent "SexytimesHQ" and the other half can be used by who they see fit.

Have a blast, I'm really sad I will miss this.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ....what.....:bawling:but we were going to hang out and I could be mini-fatcat......this isn't fair!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    My parents stay there when they visit and like it well enough as well.

I'm having a little trouble committing to the trip at this point, but I would even say for the guys that are looking at doing the hotel thing, I'm not opposed to getting a double bed and splitting it down the middle with one of the boys. Maybe if we can get a head count of the potential hotel dwellers it might be a good way for guys to defray some of the total costs.

I just need to be able to sleep and shower in relative peace, I don't need a room all to myself, but for this old tubby and grumpy dude, the overnight chaos of ICHQ is just a little too much.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'm having a little trouble committing to the trip at this point, but I would even say for the guys that are looking at doing the hotel thing, I'm not opposed to getting a double bed and splitting it down the middle with one of the boys. Maybe if we can get a head count of the potential hotel dwellers it might be a good way for guys to defray some of the total costs.

I just need to be able to sleep and shower in relative peace, I don't need a room all to myself, but for this old tubby and grumpy dude, the overnight chaos of ICHQ is just a little too much.

You just like to sleep next to dudes.

I'm semi-local, so I could stay home or tent it, depending on my schedule (EPIC '10 hits smack-dab in the middle of our server-room migration). Hopefully, I'll be able to make it this year (last year was graduation).

Also, I (happen to) like parentheses (occasionally).