edited March 2010
    What is irony? Me not having paid time off for my own event :(
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    ...so you take the time off anyways!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Someone check my napkin math on costs:
    Assuming k and whoever else from TX are carpooling (I'm assuming 4 people)

2415 mi from Dallas to ICHQ and back @ 30/mpg @ $3/gal (its only 2.60 ish right now) split 4 ways = $60/per person
    Hotel Admission = $45
    Hotel Room (being generous and split one room with one other person, assuming no discounts) @ 4 nights @ 50/night = $100
    Per diem @ 50/day @ 4 days = $200

$405 total? Does that sound about right?

(and if i man-up and camp like i should, save $75 [+15 on ticket -100 on cost]?)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    That math sucks! What kind of car gets 30mpg highway, holds 4 people, and 4 computers? Last year I spent about 130-150$ on gas each direction. I stopped out of my way about 50 miles to sleep at my grandparents house, it is a two day trip unless a group feels bawlzie and does rotation driving correctly.

If you drive with me you will be camping! There is to much fun staying up till 5 at the house that you would miss having a hotel room. Right now serp is the only other person that might be going with me.

We should start doing a Dallas IC night.
    edited March 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    That math sucks! What kind of car gets 30mpg highway, holds 4 people, and 4 computers? Last year I spent about 130-150$ on gas each direction. I stopped out of my way about 50 miles to sleep at my grandparents house, it is a two day trip unless a group feels bawlzie and does rotation driving correctly.

If you drive with me you will be camping! There is to much fun staying up till 5 at the house that you would miss having a hotel room. Right now serp is the only other person that might be going with me.

We should start doing a Dallas IC night.

We could be kinda packed into my Scion, but I'd have to take out the sub. It would still get good gas mileage! 150 per person? Thats obnoxious. I do think we should drive all the way through, if 3-4 people go, its only ~20 hrs of driving time, so thats only 4 5hr shifts or a few more 4 hr shifts split between 3 people.

I'm game with camping, I just lack the tent. I actually have a decent sleeping bag for the meanwhile, since I went camping a few weekends ago and stole it from parents place. There was someone looking at flying from Houston, perhaps we could convince him. If not, my car could fit 3 + gear comfortably. I drove to CO (beaver creek) in an 97 Integra GSR; it can happen.

I support Dallas IC nights. My mobo or PSU is going nuts right now, and Asus says its the PSU, but that is not the only thing we could do. I'd be happy to meetup somewhere, ensure you're not a total creeper!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    What kind of Scion?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Considering he has to move his subwoofer to fit the full number of passengers being discussed, I'ma go ahead and say tC.
    edited March 2010
    No no...no way you fit 4 people and 4 computers into a tC. That would be Insane.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    GQ and I barely fit in mine when we went last year. Good luck fitting 'puters and gear for 4 days (or more) for 4 people in there. :/
    edited March 2010
    Thrax is correct, as usual.
    No no...no way you fit 4 people and 4 computers into a tC. That would be Insane.

I live dangerously :bigggrin:. I assumed four for calculations, but I also agree that there is no possible way, without a Zelda bag, to fit all that stuff.
    Snarkasm wrote:
    GQ and I barely fit in mine when we went last year. Good luck fitting 'puters and gear for 4 days (or more) for 4 people in there. :/

I travel very lightly, so depending on k (and if one other person decides to go or not), I think its very doable.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I think Jackie believes you can't fit four because she's forgetting that not everyone packs for fifteen days on a five day trip. ;)
    edited March 2010
    I'm just saying, there's no place for four people AND four towers in a TC, never mind the other stuff you're bringing, unless you can carry them on your lap the whole time. There's simply not room in the trunk with the seats up.

Now, if you all have laptops...careful planning could make it possible.
    edited March 2010
    I'm just saying, there's no place for four people AND four towers in a TC, never mind the other stuff you're bringing, unless you can carry them on your lap the whole time. There's simply not room in the trunk with the seats up.

Now, if you all have laptops...careful planning could make it possible.

All accurate statements till that last part. Who really games with a laptop? ..... Jokes ..... but seriously. Nice hypothetical though.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Oh come on now, it might not be comfortable but I bet it could totally be done. I'm willing to wager I could fit 4 people and their computers (provided they don't have insanely large cases) in my Saturn Ion 2...
    edited March 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Oh come on now, it might not be comfortable but I bet it could totally be done. I'm willing to wager I could fit 4 people and their computers (provided they don't have insanely large cases) in my Saturn Ion 2...

See GQ's statement about carrying the computer in laps the whole way. I don't know about you, but 1200 miles one way is a long time to hold an Antec 900, dressed to the nines, and its peripherals. Maybe thats just me.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I'm overestimating the size of the trunk in my Saturn, but I'm pretty sure I could fit 4 towers in there along with 4 moderately sized LCDs (though the stands may need to be removed from them). Then there's the luggage.... duffel bags, crammed in the middle of the back seat or by the feet of the passenger in the front. It could be made to happen.
    edited March 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Maybe I'm overestimating the size of the trunk in my Saturn, but I'm pretty sure I could fit 4 towers in there along with 4 moderately sized LCDs (though the stands may need to be removed from them). Then there's the luggage.... duffel bags, crammed in the middle of the back seat or by the feet of the passenger in the front. It could be made to happen.

Spatial analysis win! I could fit 4 in my trunk, sideways, and luggage would only be for 3. I doubt I could actually fit 4 people and gear without some kind of roof rack.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Years ago, we tried this every which way we could imagine. It came down to needing either a station wagon or an SUV to fit four people, monitors, towers, and luggage into one vehicle. Laptops won the day.
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Why don't we just buy an old school bus and it can be a write off. A mobile ICHQ,,,,just say'en
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    I saw a website like that once. These guys drove around in a bus and payed girls...kind of.

Why don't you just drive your boat around and pick us all up yokke?
    edited March 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Why don't you just drive your airship around and pick us all up Angelina?

Fixed it for you.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Reminder: early bird pricing only lasts until the end of April. Get 'em while it's hot.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm a bad - I forgot to say "In"
    edited March 2010
    Well, pending any disasters, I'm in! Talking with _k_ convinced me and I might even be getting a nice tent as an early birthday present prior to coming, so all should work out. New math:

2415 miles (there and back) @ 25 mpg (assuming less because of gear) @ $3/gal split 2 ways (since we aren't sure about a 3rd) = 145
    Early bird camping ticket = 60
    Per diem (50/day @ 4 days) = 200
    total ................................still 405. Lulz?
    edited March 2010
    Do townies pay for the hotel based fee?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    More important: What days are the Gigasluts there?

-Bobby
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ok, I'm changing my maybe to yep I will be there :thumbup:D

Also I like to have the same tent spot again please thanks

I have to talk to RedDragon but he should be there too ;)
    edited March 2010
    Ok, RedDragon is in :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Do townies pay for the hotel based fee?

Yes, people who aren't sleeping here are eligible for the hotel rate. It's the same concept.
    edited April 2010
    There room in the Dragon Den if anyone needs a place to crash
    Before anyone ask "no" Rocket Fuel is not returning I'm flying.