Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i am wondering which plantation i should use for my house should i destroy the first garden and that be mine or what can my brother fishmongrel give me one
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Plantation?

Destroying a garden?

Don't destroy anything, where are you talking about?
  • edited December 2010
    that was my bro
  • edited December 2010
    which plot of land in the town can i take i think there is about 2 open but im not sure can someone tell me which one i can take
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    fishcrap46 wrote:
    i am wondering which plantation i should use for my house should i destroy the first garden and that be mine or what can my brother fishmongrel give me one

Kid, you're scaring me, don't destroy anything, and learn proper use of the English language.
    edited December 2010
    Also, sorry for the double post, but HOLY BEJEBUS THE MAP GOT HUGE, and my diamond pick isn't degrading, anyone else notice this?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Noticed it and liked it! And then I fell into lava and it got destroyed, along with a bunch of other stuff.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    It is getting damaged, it just doesn't display the damage properly. It will eventually disappear. (I went through three of them flattening spawn).
    edited December 2010
    fishcrap46 wrote:

No, don't destroy first garden. Pick an open plot.
    edited December 2010
    Look for an empty plot with a 4 stack of 1/2 blocks in it, a sign will be affixed to the 1/2 blocks saying either reserved for someone or available (like there is on by me that says "free to good whore", which means it is available).
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    fishcrap46 wrote:
    which plot of land in the town can i take i think there is about 2 open but im not sure can someone tell me which one i can take
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Look for an empty plot with a 4 stack of 1/2 blocks in it, a sign will be affixed to the 1/2 blocks saying either reserved for someone or available (like there is on by me that says "free to good whore", which means it is available).

^This. If a plot is available, it will have a sign saying so. You may take down that sign and put your name on it to claim it. If there is not a sign specifically stating the plot is available, please do not touch it.

And as noted by others if you have have to ask if you should destroy something, just don't.

-Digi
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    At some point we're going to need some kind of standards. Does anyone really think he's going to contribute anything? Yeah, I'm a dick, but correct.
    edited December 2010
    It's 2:30am, and I think this is as good a sign as any that I need to quit for today:

Minecraft%20crazy.jpg

Minecraft%20crazy%202.jpg

There I was, just having a good time making an epic goddamn mine, and suddenly I turn around to go back and there's a gigantic hole right where my path was (and where my future paths will be), and creepers and skeletons are bouncing up and down in midair in the middle of it. I quite terrifiedly made a one-block-wide bridge back to the remainder of my passage, loaded up my goods, waited 'til daybreak, and shuttled things back to my house for the night. Haunted mines be damned!
    edited December 2010
    At some point we're going to need some kind of standards. Does anyone really think he's going to contribute anything? Yeah, I'm a dick, but correct.

Also: I'm more than a little suspicious that fish does not have a brother. Nor do I count him as someone we can trust to refer others. I don't want to be mean, but I think t_t's right: we have to draw the line somewhere.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    CB wrote:
    Also: I'm more than a little suspicious that fish does not have a brother.
    Remember the last time someone multisessioned?
    Quantom X wrote:
    Darrel will kill me for this but he doesn’t realize the trouble it has caused me by doing so.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I am against players not old enough to hold down both the shift key and the "i" key at the same time, or to have learned about periods and commas yet. Also, I agree with CB, but let it be noted that Fish never actually referred him; he referred himself. On his first post.
    edited December 2010
    Yea...we had the same kind of discussion on the ethics of age in a debate over giving fish admin powers on the TF2 server...I'm kind of against letting a kid that young (and to be frank, immature) on our minecraft server, I feel like that's inviting trouble and setting our standards pretty low. (No offense to fish or his bro, I'd say the same thing if it was anyone else your ages.) I know I shouldn't be one to talk about maturity what with my giant dick, but... I think you get my point.
    edited December 2010
    Sixth'd.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm just going to give my opinion, the group can take from it what they will.

I don't mind Fish, he doesn't seem to be a problem. We give him shit on TF2 all the time and he takes it like a champ. I am not worried about him messing with things.

His brother on the other hand scares me TBH. But that isn't really the point.

We don't really have the most kid friendly server and knowing what we have on the server, I would not want my 10 y/o on our server. I would hate for the parents to get mad at "Icrontic" for exposing their 10 y/o to the content on our server.

-Digi
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2010
    Hey dudes! Back in town after a week visiting family up in Grand Rapids. Looking forward to getting back to the business of mining the shit out of some blocks!

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
    edited December 2010
    Welcome back Tony :D
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I don't mind Fish, he doesn't seem to be a problem. We give him shit on TF2 all the time and he takes it like a champ.

We don't really have the most kid friendly server and knowing what we have on the server, I would not want my 10 y/o on our server. I would hate for the parents to get mad at "Icrontic" for exposing their 10 y/o to the content on our server.

-Digi

For the record he does not take it like a champ. Several times he's acted up, been muted or kicked, and then proceeds to find ways around his punishment while getting mad about it without acknowledging the reason behind it.

As far as worrying about what his parents might think about what he's being exposed to. 1. That is not our problem. It is their job to know what their kid is doing online. 2. We are not forcing anything malicious or obscene on him. 3. If they where going to have a problem with his involvement in this community that would have happened already during TF2. (That is assuming they pay any attention to him while he plays it, which I doubt, but that's beside the point.)
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Many thanks to all who are helping with the carving out of Turnip Castle's Great Hall! It's looking great!
    edited December 2010
    Is anyone averse to me flattening the "noob" house that Cola built? It creates a "separation" from spawn to grand central, imo.

Also, about that portal there, kind of in the way, could we move it?
    edited December 2010
    I don't have a problem removing noob house. It's not the way Cola built it anymore anyway, since Joe exploded it (accidentally) and it's been rebuilt.

The house I used up on the cliff while I was flattening spawn can be the new near-spawn hiding place. The ladder makes it very secure for that rarely-needed purpose.
    edited December 2010
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    His brother on the other hand scares me TBH. But that isn't really the point.

-Digi

Not to mention the fact that, as far as I can tell, Fish never actually vouched that this kid is who he says he is. IMO He shouldn't have been added to the server in the first place.

I'd be all for an "if you can't use semi-passable grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation in your add request you don't get added" guideline as well. I say guideline because I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part I don't imagine such people would contribute positively to the world.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    wut? make me take test? play game to get way from skul, u dik
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Test? What test?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I'd be all for an "if you can't use semi-passable grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation in your add request you don't get added" guideline as well.
    this test. big gubment steppin on rights! Constitution!
This discussion has been closed.