Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The Grand Dukedom of Ardichokia has been connected to Skynet for all your traveling conveniences
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    with a server reset on the horizon, who has the initiative to build anymore? The server is pointless until we do the restart. :(

BTW, whoever thought it clever to fill my house with sand... it isn't clever. I hate you.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Oh, shovel it.
  • edited October 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    For some reason, that strikes me as something I would expect out of a zany game like Earthbound (Super Nintendo RPG). It was filled with things and characters just like that. You could even do things like carry around a baby chicken; using it would say "seeing the baby chicks makes you feel happy."

Man, I miss games like that.

Earthbound was a phenomenal game. Ness' career really went down hill after that one thought.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    with a server reset on the horizon, who has the initiative to build anymore? The server is pointless until we do the restart. :(

BTW, whoever thought it clever to fill my house with sand... it isn't clever. I hate you.

I wondered about that. I was showing the game to my father, giving him a tour of the stuff we've all made in the server, and when I got to your house, I noticed that it was filled with sand, and it provided the perfect showcase of how even practical jokes are possible in the game-world.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Lynx you should be happy that someone gave you all that sand. They simply didn't know where exactly you wanted it, so they put it every where.

If you don't want it can I have it back.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    tBeE1.png
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I was waiting for someone to make a Minecraft/Chile reference. XD
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    old

I got a chuckle out of Wax's comment on Twitter:
    wax wrote:
    i wonder if the chiléan miners want to play minecraft

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    with a server reset on the horizon, who has the initiative to build anymore?

Your brother.

sbignasty.jpg

That's solid.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:

I built an entire Helium pirate dirigible after this was announced...still building.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I ran away after this was announced. Come find me.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I've had other games filling up my free time, planescape torment and bioshock have a lot to answer for....

Got bored just digging and kinda ran out of stuff to do with red stone after the seventh clock.
    edited October 2010
    I enjoy the non-invincible aspect of single player. I have been on every day for a good 4 hours learning by playing single player. I look forward to staking claim on the new server and being able to have friends over for grilled pork and mushroom stew.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Canti wrote:
    Your brother.

sbignasty.jpg

That's solid.

....that's hilarious. Point taken.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    BWHAHAHAHA Thats why you were up there on skynet just staring at me Canti!! HAHAHAHAHAHAA
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I need to finish it before the server reset. There is no way in Gods Green Earth that I will be able to mine that much stone with just a wooden pick axe! HAHAHA
    edited October 2010
    UPS Hitman wrote:
    I need to finish it before the server reset. There is no way in Gods Green Earth that I will be able to mine that much stone with just a wooden pick axe! HAHAHA

Meh, I've been able to find plenty of diamonds.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    In single player, I already have a cavern 60+ deep, a whole chest full of stone and 200 torches. I have my own renewable tree supply as well.

The stone picks, last quite awhile actually.
    edited October 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    In single player, I already have a cavern 60+ deep, a whole chest full of stone and 200 torches. I have my own renewable tree supply as well.

The stone picks, last quite awhile actually.

64 stone to be exact. Stone tools FTW, it's all about "renewable" resources.

I also have an orchard, I've dug all the way down to lava, wear a full set of leather armor, have an obsidian mine, a small monster trap and a glass house on an island with rails between.

I made a diamond pick ax to grab some obsidian but I lost it in a tragic lava accident while creating my trap. I have a few more but have yet to craft them as obsidian has no use (barring cosmetic) currently.

Also a hint, if you go out exploring, leave a trail of breadcrumbs (torches work but flowers work also, remember renewable resources) I got lost once. Had to dig a small cave to stay in for the night before I could retrace my steps. I now call it my vacation home.

-Digi
    edited October 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Also a hint, if you go out exploring, leave a trail of breadcrumbs (torches work but flowers work also, remember renewable resources) I got lost once. Had to dig a small cave to stay in for the night before I could retrace my steps. I now call it my vacation home.

-Digi

Did the exact same thing. Sucked to be away from my comfortable home, huddled under a candle.

Tip: if you're going to use windows to watch for the sunrise, make sure the skeletons don't have firing lines at you through them.
    edited October 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I have a few more but have yet to craft them as obsidian has no use (barring cosmetic) currently.

Obsidian is obnoxiously tedious to mine, but I've found one actual purpose for it. If I recall correctly, it is immune to blast damage, and thus Creeper-proof. It would make for a good foundation to a house, first-floor walls on a house, or just for part of a wall to keep Creepers out.

Just be sure that you're POSITIVE on where you want to put it, and be accurate. Removing it again is such a pain in the ass... but at least you get it back, unlike glass and bookshelves.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Yes, obsidian is immune to creepers.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Memory leak seems to be somewhat less on the server. Only using about 1GB after 48+ hours uptime
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    Yes, obsidian is immune to creepers.
    I highly doubt that.
    edited October 2010
    I found after I let it go for a while that the usage seems to cap, and it will come back down to the mid-300s when people log off for the night. Nothing devastating.
    edited October 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    I highly doubt that.

Also, well-played.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Memory leak seems to be somewhat less on the server. Only using about 1GB after 48+ hours uptime

Speaking of the server, I want to officially thank Ryder and Thrax for getting the server going and figuring out all the logistics. Plus thanks Icrontic peeps for being such groovy people to minecraft with! Seriously, the level of griefing that can be done in this game is overwhelming, but Icrontic has kept it classy as always <3
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Can we please has new map???
    edited October 2010
    Can we please has new map???

1. Join server
    2. Pick direction
    3. Walk 5 hours
    4. New map get
This discussion has been closed.