League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

He's been needing a rework for a while, glad Rito is actually doing this.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Ilriyas said:
    So is his rework coming out next patch? I'm actually really excited for this.

Very likely, the patch cycle is about 2 weeks currently and Tuesday is the start of the next one, so we'll likely see him popup on the PBE Tuesday as well as this lore event expanding.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Why would they remake the best champion in the game? I think he was the first one I bought because he sounded similar to Accursed (HoN) or Lord of Avernus/Abaddon (Dota).

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

@Winfrey said:
    Why would they remake the best champion in the game? I think he was the first one I bought because he sounded similar to Accursed (HoN) or Lord of Avernus/Abaddon (Dota).

I miss you laning him top and destroying people with his shield bubble bomb out of bushes. WINFREH COME BACK :<

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Patch 4.17 is scheduled to drop early Thursday morning.

[spoiler]Possible (as these are not official patch notes) Highlights:
    Soraka Gameplay Update
    Victor Update - Model, Texture, and Abilities
    Fnatic Skin set in honor of Season 1 Champions
    Order of the Lotus Karma skin (first skin since rework)
    First batch of texture rebalances

AD Nidalee nerfs and some AP Nidalee buffs
    Talon Nerf (silence removed and replaced with a massive but extremely short slow)
    Garen Buff (Passive scales up at lvl 11 and 16 in two ways)[/spoiler]

This would be right when Sion's lore event ends (which has already been "hacked" and the whole thing spoiled should you look for it) thus he should pop up on the PBE as well as the next new skins (should be a Championship skin in there) and texture rebalances.

BobbyDigi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

oooh I am intrigued about the Soraka gameplay update.

edited September 2014

Her passive is all new, her other abilites are either the same (R:Wish) or have the same function as before but new additions ot those functions. (Everything else.)

Soraka's Passive: Ambulance Luminary

A) Soraka gets 70% movement speed when approaching a severely injured (40% health or lower) ally. Allies that have that cross above them are valid targets and Soraka gains a little arrow at her feet, to point her in their direction. Follow the arrow and go fast. Has a range of 2500, which is a bit less then the first outer turret to the next outer turret.
    B) Soraka loses 20% of her bonus armor and magic resist but it is converted to AP. (To help prevent her from being unkillable.)

Q: Starcall

Soraka calls down a star to target location, exploding on impact. Those caught in the epicenter of the explosion take full damage and are slowed.
    Basically it's a skill shot now. One good thing to note about this spell is that the star always starts directly above Soraka. So targeting it closer to Soraka, means it lands quicker. Part of the insentive for Soraka to be close to the fray. It as a new function with Soraka's heal but that function comes form that spell so...

W: Astral Infusion (Heal)
    Soraka heals a friendly unit. She cannot cast it on herself. Cooldown has been greatly reduced (4 seconds at spell lvl 1, 2 seconds at spell lvl 5.) Spell now costs mana as well as 10% of Soraka's health. Cannot be cast if Soraka is below 5% health. Casting it while she is between 6%-10% health will drop her to 1 hp.
    Passive: For every enemy champion hit by Starcall (Q) Soraka is healed. Bigger self-heal the less health Soraka has.

E: Equinox (Silence)

Instead of a single, click-target silence plus some damage, it now is an AoE silence zone, followed by a root and some strong damage should the enemies still be in the zone when it disappears.
    No longer returns mana to an ally.

R: Wish
    Remains mostly the same. Since her previous passive is gone though, it now heals for more the lower the ally's health is.

Riot sayed they want Soraka to be the dedicated healer that she is designed to be but a healthy one for the game. hence the the health costs to her heal and reduction of armor and magic resist. She is in the midline now healing all her teammates and helping zone her opponents throughout the game.

General tips would be:
    Keep moving those hooves as Soraka is a very valuable target now.
    Choose your heals wisely.
    CD reduction, mana regen, health, health regen and AP are valid item choices.

She is free to play this week so if you don't own her, give her a try on Thursday or later (assuming nothing happens and Riot has to delay the patch or her changes specifically.)

GnomeQueenRyanFodder

Figures Riot get's their official article out right after I post this.

Also patch notes.

edited September 2014

PBE is being updated ....

"The dunk prophecies are true, Darius has arrived!" -Dunkmaster Darius

There is much more to be seen, I've got work to do so go check out Surrender@20 if you're curious.

RyanFodder
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Perfect Fiddle Game.

RahnalH102BobbyDigi

Well, I tried playing Sion on the PBE but I kept running into a bug that would crash the match if I used his abilities too much or in a certain combo.

Things to note:
    A) AP Sion is not dead but certainly nowhere near what he was before. Maybe a Rylei's or an Abyssal scepter but probably won't see much else on a typical new Scion. His new Q is solely AD damage and the AP ratios on his shield and new E are 40% instead of the previous 90%.

B) He certainly feels like he fits his theme of undead juggernaut with his new abilities and greater emphasis on health, especially his new ult (CC immune charge capable of crossing to mid from top or bottom) and passive (mix of his old ult and kog'maws passive.)

C) His shield is still there and does less damage early game and more late game compared to current Scion.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

How satisfying is homeguard ulti Choo-Choo Sion?

edited September 2014

Very tricky. If Sion hits any walls or structures he stops charging, so charging right out of fountain will take some practice. Manage to do it right though and it ought to be amazing since he goes so fast with his ult alone. I'll try a full speed build and a full AP build to see how they work.

Edit: Turns out Sion's charge does not stack with other movement speed bonuses. Heading top or bottom lane: Charge = bush between towers. Charge + homeguard + revive + ghost = bush between towers. :l If this worked I could see someone going teleport and ghost, places a ward in one of the top bushes, teleports to it, then proceeds to charge down the river. Could probably make it to bottom lane.

Edit 2: I tried AP Scion out. I'll have to redo it though since two abilities bugged about halfway through the match and were no longer usable. They happened to be the Q and Ult though so it was truly a AP Scion test since only W and E have AP ratios. It was effective in the beginning but once I lost the other abilities, my overall effectiveness dropped off. This experiment showed me the potential of his new E. It's fairly effective at poking and catching up to runners. Good thing to start with if your up top against a ranged. Say Nidalee, Ryze, Quinn, etc.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

That's somewhat disappointing to hear that they don't stack, but the range on that thing sounds like it makes up for it. What's the cooldown, currently?

Currently 140/100/60 seconds. After some practice I've gotten better at charging from fountain through mid. His steering during his ult is, in TF2 terms, it's like a Demoknight with the Persian Persuader, you can make it through long winding paths but and sharp turns are a no go.

IlriyascolaBasil

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Soraka changes. I played her Saturday. I can see her being a really valuable late game champion, but beyond that she's kind of weak. Not being able to heal herself-- in fact, actually hurting herself to heal other players-- kind of sucks. Perhaps with some more time I'll get used to the changes, but I think Sona will remain the more popular healing champion.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited September 2014

From the looks of it... don't focus so much on the healing. It's a big, pretty mechanic, but healing is always kind of on Riot's periphery. I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person that evaluates obvious results much higher than I evaluate subtle ones - given a choice between a potion that immediately restores 150 health and, say, 1% lifesteal, I might take the potion - I have to force myself to say "no, no dan, math it. math it good." Healing is one of those obvious results. Pay attention instead to the rest of her kit.

The new slow, AOE silence, and root look to be SUPREMELY powerful, and not-at-all lategame-only. Having a slow in lane is actually a huge godsend. Sure, your buddy is missing health, and that's a big, obvious, ugly problem - but when she trades with her opponent, a slow can force that opponent to either commit or take an extra attack in order to leave trading range. If you use it correctly, you can make your buddy trade favorably all the time - meaning yeah, she's missing health, but the opponent is now missing a lot more.

Silence is an extra way to shut that Sona up in lane - you know, the gal going for a Q-powerchord combo? If she is suddenly in a silence zone just as she's about to trade, you've completely pulled out her teeth. There is nothing worse as a Sona than going in for a glass-cannon trade and finding out that you can't actually do anything. Her health pool is so low that even one of those unfavorable situations means she's going to spend mana spamming her W to heal back up from your ADC slapping her in irritation.

And let's not even talk about how ridiculous a silence/slow/root is during a gank. Imagine how you feel as Tristana during a gank - nobody's catching you with that rocket jump. Now imagine that in order to rocket jump, you have to cross a field of silence. Also, if you're too slow to get across it, you get TRAPPED there. Tell me that's not an immediately burned flash.

So yeah, don't focus on the healing. Sure, it's there, and it's important, but soraka just got TWO brand new cc's and a buff to a third! You can prevent more damage (or force the enemy to take more) with the new kit - you just need to change the playstyle. Don't build AP, build CDR. Focus on what the bad guys are about to do, and silence them in the middle of their combos. AOE silence in a teamfight to stop burst damage, or AOE silence-root on your ADC if an assassin manages to get on them. Slow the anticarry coming in from the wrong angle so the mages can make mincemeat of him.

GnomeQueencolaRahnalH102

What's CDR?

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

CDR is cool down reduction.

GnomeQueencola

Ahh, thank you. Cool down reduction is no longer needed on Soraka; all of her spells now have an incredibly short cool down. She's just become incredibly squishy.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I'm not even sure

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

other team lost because corki didn't take TP

Riot wanted Soraka to be "the healing champ," however they knew they couldn't just make a a pure healer in this kind of game. That either works too well and pretty much cancels competition dulling the potential fun of the game, or it's so weak that it's worthless. The health cost and being unable to directly heal herself with the healing spell helps keep her inline for this kind of competitive game. You can't just routinely top off your allies, if that worked with minimal cost then it falls into that stupidly overpowered situation I just mentioned. You have to choose your heals wisely. What does the situation call for? Should you heal the tank or the squishy carry? Use it and your other abilities to turn that trade around or give an ally that extra bit of health they need to barely win a fight.

edited October 2014

Speaking of Soraka ...

by Rachel J Corey (Click for more.)

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Ahh, thank you. Cool down reduction is no longer needed on Soraka; all of her spells now have an incredibly short cool down. She's just become incredibly squishy.

I dunno... 14 seconds on equinox is preeeeeetty long... and starcall's cooldown used to be like two seconds, now it's five...

@Myrmidon said:
    I dunno... 14 seconds on equinox is preeeeeetty long... and starcall's cooldown used to be like two seconds, now it's five...

Alright, point taken.

When they bring back URF mode, you will learn the true meaning of CDR.

In today's PBE patch ...

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I had a really good time using Soraka to shut down a Kog'maw/Ahri combo. Pretty useless in teamfights. Ahri is especially silly when silenced.