League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2014

@cola There is hope!

RiotHippalus - E-Commerce Director

"Yes I think Championship Riven will come back someday. Most limited edition skins took four years to come back after release, and it's been two years for Riven so far."

Probably next year at Worlds but who knows, maybe sooner.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

:<

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

It's so weird hearing the announcers say cola in Worlds. I'm sad that it's not our cola.

colaBobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi

RahnalH102GnomeQueen
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I'd like to be at worlds

@cola said:
    I'd like to be at worlds

Knowing how good you are, it's not that far of a stretch to say you could be there. (Though the whole 'give up your entire social life to keep up with your opponents is rather unappealing)

-Digi

GnomeQueencola

Burn them Digi. Burn them all!

Just like you burned Zealock to death in Minecraft when he was helping you with the village. :P
    GnomeQueenRyanFoddercola
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Double Zeal Skarner is amazing.

Oh boy, preseason is starting early. Riot says they are going to be pushing some highly experimental changes to the PBE over the next few weeks and make it an actual beta testing ground instead of a form of QA. The goal is to increase strategic diversity and Riot's ability to tune those strategies without having to resort to nerfing champs core to a dominating strat. Objectives, the jungle, and items will be receiving big changes.

Recently there were some interesting Ohmwrecker changes that seem inline with this type of goal. I can't remember the exact stats but one change was giving the owner of Ohmwrecker a ramping speed boost while near a friendly tower and another form of the active that would cause your friendly towers near you to fire faster.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't think you'll see a ton of strategic diversity until they try and enforce the meta a little less. With the way buffs are currently, running without a Jungler is suicide. I can't help but draw parallels to Dota 2 (which is far from perfect) which feels much less punishing sans Jungler in the form of runes/rune control.

I'd be more interested in them letting it develop organically and only changing things after a lengthy period of time.

That said, I'm encouraged to know they're going to try and be drastic, but I'd like to see a little more aggressive patching when in the preseason.

4.18 Notes

New Sion, Gangplank Buff, phase 2 of texture balance and more

-Digi

I'm bourbon and league

come league with me, mayhaps bourbon with me

-Digi

edited October 2014

Those highly experimental "pre-season" changes are hitting the PBE now. Now I'm not that good at LoL when it comes to high end strategy, but even I can tell this stuff changes SOOOO much.

It would be a lot to post here, go here to read up on it all.

Some summaries:

Baron Buff is now a purely offensive siege buff. No regens on it and grants significant bonuses to nearby minions.

Dragon no longer grants gold to the team that killed it but instead grants a permanent buff that stacks per dragon slain up to 5 times.

All towers, but inhibitor towers, have 2000 health now instead of 2500. All towers no longer gain armor and magic resist over time. All towers inside the base have reduced health regen (now 1 hp per second instead of 3) Tier 2 towers (middle towers) now have a shield that regens after 60s of not taking damage. Nearby champs also receive a shield when near these towers. Inhibitor towers are much stronger then now with 4 attacks per second, increased ramping damage increase (up to 260%), and ramping armor ignore (to 100%). Ohmwrecker's active now increases nearby friendly tower's damage by 100% as well as the old option.

Armor and Magic Resistance: All resistance items now build out of cloth armor or null-magic cloak, mostly to negate any meaningful difference between the straight chain armor and negatron cloak items compared to former two items.

HP and Mana Regen: These stats off of items now grant percentile regen instead of fixed regen based solely on your champion's innate stats.

New Buff: Appears in top and bottom lane after 20 minutes. Regens after 3 minutes. Grants increased movespeed and vision range. Even vision over wall.Intended to help with split pushing and provide incentive to go back to these lanes during mid/late game.

New Jungle camp: Single mob that wanders the river. Does not attack, only runs away. When slain, grants a move speed and vision shrine in front of Baron or Dragon for the team that killed it. Intended to help with ganks/protection from ganks and setting up for Dragon and Baron kills/fights.

New Smite rewards: smiting a jungle camp now grants a buff based on the camp. One that provides true sight the next time you are seen by a ward. One that grants "execute" damage to your auto attacks. One that poisons those that attack you. And one that grants a wolf sentry in the blue jungle.

New jungle items: All current jungle items are gone. New hunter's Machete can only be bought if you have smite equiped. Has four upgrades one for each "jungle role": one for ganking, one for jungle farming, one for counter jungling, and one for quick clearing. All of these item upgrades upgrade smite in some form such as the ganking item allowing you to smite enemy champions for a small amount of true damage. Then each item can be enchanted like boots today. The enchants allow you to cater the item to your champion's role. Such as the "juggernaut" enchant giving stats a tank would want.

Also, Singed is up next for an overhaul. He has updated models and textures. Riot feels that all he needs is a slight push so they uped the stats granted from his lvl 3 ult and made it so that if you fling someone into his mega adhesive, they become snared.

cola

These changes are very interesting. I wonder how the additional buff in the river will play out.

I notice I keep being placed with silver players in ARAM and AI matches. I guess I'm about high Bronze or average Silver now.

BobbyDigicola

Also the PBE is updating right now. SO. MANY. SPLASHES. These are only a few. There have also been quite a few last week but today blows the amount out of the water.

Riot really wants to bring all the base visuals in line for a more "complete" Summoner's Rift update.

colaBobbyDigi

Oh man, That Kayle!

-Digi

cola
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Dr. Aven carries this game:

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Ryze damage... was ... bad...

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2014

to be fair that was phys dmg. his magic damage was much better (~40k, about 50k from vlad)

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1592336411/210117715?tab=stats

If you've watched the World finals, you may have noticed 5 new splashes: Maokai, Graves, Gragas, Anivia and Warwick. These aren't on the PBE yet, probably Tuesday.

Get Drunk!

Harrowing Time! October 24th - November 4th

Hexakill on Twisted Treeline available for the duration of The Harrowing.
    2 New legacy skins for LeBlanc and Wukong
    3 Summonor Icons:

1 you can buy for 1500 IP now or 250 RP after the event,

1 For winning 3 matches of TT:Hexakill,

and 1 for gifting to a friend during the event.
    Speaking of, harrowing skins are twice as likely to be gifted during this time, all the previous Harrowing skins (both champ and ward) are available for the duration of the event.

And potentially the most scary thing of all, Riot is taking a page from Steam's holiday events and has 6 hour flash sales on skins for the duration of the event.

BobbyDigi

Hexakill is a silly, silly place. Bring reset champs

The Internets has uncovered the schedule of flash sales, huge list.

-Digi

I don't know what I expected, but not a single Karma skin on sale. QQ