The Galaxy Nexus thread

12346»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    I do believe you can change that setting. For me, it is under System Settings > Develop Options > Uncheck "Stay Awake". (not GNex)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Tushon said:

I do believe you can change that setting. For me, it is under System Settings > Develop Options > Uncheck "Stay Awake". (not GNex)

Old...

;D
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Yeah. "Stay awake when plugged in" is an option that should be off by default (but it would make sense for it to be on with a "developers device"), particularly on SAMOLED(HD)(+) screens.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Yes. It's off. If I turn it on, then reboot, then turn it back off, and reboot again, it works properly for about a day, then it goes back to burning my screen.
    Can you just turn off the screen with a power button?
    Yes, sure, but if I forget once, the screen stays on all night, and the burn in gets worse, or other things can wake it up, like a cat pushing the buttons or a brown out (since it thinks it's newly plugged in when it comes back on).

Really, I don't even want it to turn on with a 'plugged-in' trigger at all. If it's off, and I plug it in, it should stay off.
    I agree and there is probably a tool/fix for that, but I'm GNex-less at the moment
  • What ROM are you running @CB? I've not had that problem on mine... maybe you need to just do a wipe or perhaps its a bug in your ROM and you should try a different one?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Late to the unlock/root/flash game... Ok, really I was waiting until I had a decent amount of time between travel to mess around.

Just got my phone set up last night:
    Kernel: lk_gnex_jb42_v5.8exp1-180, plus LeanKernelTweaks-16-1
    Apps: gapps-jb-20121212-signed

The only issue I'm having at the moment is Performance Control stops working the first time I enter the app. Start it a second time and everything is fine. It also seems to retain the 180MHz/1.2GHz min/max speeds, so I'm not too concerned by its behavior.
    My phone is probably dying and now I can't buy a Nexus for less than $450 on ebay :/ I must suffer until it comes back on Google store.
    Tushon said:

My phone is probably dying and now I can't buy a Nexus for less than $450 on ebay :/ I must suffer until it comes back on Google store.

Are you looking for a Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4?
    After a bit of searching I found some voltage levels that seem to be working even better than LeanKernel Tweaks defaults:

Max speed: 1200MHz
    Min speed: 180MHz

Voltage:
    1200MHz: 1175mV (LKT default)
    920MHz: 1150mV (LKT default)
    700MHz: 1025mV
    350MHz: 850mV
    180MHz: 820mV (LKT default)

Anyone able to improve on those?
    Nexus 4. LG should be ramping up production according to recent news.
    Tushon said:

Nexus 4. LG should be ramping up production according to recent news.

Ah, you might have better luck in the Nexus 4 Cool Kids Club thread then.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    Here were my voltages from when I used a gnex.
    Thrax said:

If you want a car charger, wait for the official Samsung dash mount. The rest are very bad. You should also know there's a desktop charger, again officially made by Samsung.

So it seems like there will never be an official cardock for the GNex, and now that I've waited for the 'official' one, the non-official one is discontinued. :( I've seen that there is an 'international' version though. Will that one fit my Gnex?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    No, the reengineered VZW version is too fat.