Introducing the new ICHQ

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Find me a way to get there in an hour and I'm all over it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Find me a way to get there in an hour and I'm all over it.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    That place looks amazing. I am sure you will be a satisfied bunch once it comes together and you can say, "We did that."
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    If there's any way I can help, please let me know. If you've got a big shebang or a week of intense work or anything planned, if there's any way I can get there, I guarantee you I will. Please let me know as soon as you have ideas so I can make relevant plans.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    The house looks like a great backdrop to a TF2 match up. As Zanthian said, Amazing!

Congratulations and good luck friends!

How many Sq feet is that? Any more pics?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    How many Sq feet is that? Any more pics?
    Eyeballing it says easily 2000 including the attic and not the basement.

When it comes time for renovations, I'm ready.

Honestly, there's no better workout I've found that beats renovations. It's seriously intense work.

Edit: I might be able to swing some time Friday night. I'm busy all day Saturday and Sunday, though.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I'll be over this summer to help you guys out. Congrats, BTW!
    Regarding the IC Campus: Who's buying the house across the street? :rarr:

Can you get pics from inside? I would so do it if I had the cash.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    How much? Can we get badass internet there?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    @AlexDeGruven Neighbors say it's disputable whether the house across the street is salvageable. No idea if it's even for sale. It's completely boarded up.

Our new house was listed as 2,800 square feet.

I'm going to start doing a room-by-room repair list.

We're going to try a foolishly-optimistic fundraiser, and yes it's to sell off naming rights to each room in the house. The idea being the naming right funds will be used to redo that room.
    Buy the lot and start a vegetable garden!
    DocFrazier
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    We're going to try a foolishly-optimistic fundraiser, and yes it's to sell off naming rights to each room in the house. The idea being the naming right funds will be used to redo that room.
    Will the namee have a say in the redoing?

Annes: 105mb DOCSIS 3 is the fastest available internet.
    edited February 2012
    Will the namee have a say in the redoing?
    I can't promise that, but we'd accomodate as best we can and talk about it. It really depends on the room and how it ties into the rest of the house.

Like, we're not gonna paint the office bright pink or something; we gotta sit in there all day. Of course, I'd like to let the kids paint their rooms as they please. I'm kinda hung up on doing the dining room in an old British pub style. There's already tile sitting in the house for the bathroom. I'd kill someone if they wanted us to install wood panelling. Stuff like that.

tl;dr Ask our thoughts on a room if you're interested in sponsoring it on that condition and we'll talk. :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Champion 4s are mandatory.

Also from the looks of the photo the house across the street appears to need more work than your house does! I can certainly see why there's argument as to whether it's salvageable.
    Champion 4s are mandatory.
    Planning to put the Champion 4 in the half bath. There is already a nice single-piece toilet in the main bathroom so I want to leave that one alone for now and see how it goes.
    Saw more pics on the Intodetroit.com site. I can't stop thinking about that place. I doubt I'll will ever be able to help, but I sure will enjoy watching you guys.
    Thanks everyone!
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Putting together the business plan for the Icrontic libation cellar. I am not making this up.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    That house is going to be gorgeous when it's finished.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    ^5 you guys. Looks like quite the adventure there.

Also I think I found a picture of it on this persons Blogspot

-Digi
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I agree with Cliff. You guys would be FABULOUS on TV, and it's a very intersting project. I bet you could make it. Give it a shot!
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    This new ICHQ is going to be so freaking cool when you guys finish it. Good luck!
    ^5 you guys. Looks like quite the adventure there.

Also I think I found a picture of it on this persons Blogspot

-Digi
    That's definitely it. Great post from someone fascinated by the city.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Hopefully one day they'll do something with Michigan Central Station. It's such an amazing building, I'd hate to see it torn down.
    It won't get torn down. They're currently renovating it.
    So what does the round part of the house look like inside? Can you walk / sit on the uppermost "crows nest"?