Introducing the new ICHQ

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    @Zuntar There's no access to the crow's nest exterior. I wouldn't trust it even if there was. You can stand in the tower and have a great view though.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I think that's what he was getting at
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    You almost convinced me this was a spin off of Ghost Detectives.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I would love to help you out. Maybe I'll get my ass out there over the summer while Dagmara is in Poland. Any chance you'll let me bring my stupid dumb moron dog with me?
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Oh wow, how did I not see this earlier? Very awesome, even if a bit scary on the financial end.

If you could plan an event though, make sure materials and tools are available, have a game plan on what needs worked on and who is comfy doing what work, I would be totally into coming up and spending a few days around a weekend to help fix up the place! I've been meaning to make it to an IC event and I love doing fixy projects in the house.

Make it happen!
    Some renovation pics:

@kwitko: You can definitely bring your dog

@nullenvoyd It's hard to schedule anything, really; we're working on the house every single day. It's one of those "if you show up, we guarantee we can put you to work" type of things :D

That said, I'd love to see you guys.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    Looking at the pictures, I think you guys are in pretty good shape. DO IT!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Pictures are awesome. I will be up there the first weekend I can. Save some work for me :D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

ICHQ Motivation.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    That house looks fantastic. ICHQ now has a west wing :p All it's missing is a giant satellite dish and/or lightning rod.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I can't help but be encouraged by those pictures. It looks like, structurally, everything is in pretty awesome shape. I'm sure this isn't representative of the whole project, but it looks like the large majority of the walls are good and if what you've said is correct regarding floors and foundation, you're well on your way.
    If anyone else is interested in helping out: http://intodetroit.com/article/sponsoring-the-sullivan-house
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Might help to list the Paypal address donors should use (as well as any other payment methods).
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Might help to list the Paypal address donors should use (as well as any other payment methods).
    He does in the second click through, fourth paragraph.
    Good call, I made it clearer on the rooms sponsorship page. http://intodetroit.com/rooms
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Somewhat small pledge emailed.

John Danielson II
    Completely awesome pledge emailed.
    Fixed that for you :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

ICHQ Motivation.
    Funny, I thought the same exact thing when I saw that commercial on Sunday...
  • If anyone else is interested in helping out: http://intodetroit.com/article/sponsoring-the-sullivan-house
    In for 2, thx OP
    In for 2, thx OP
    Thanks Rob!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Money sent. :thumbsup:
    Thanks @Zanthian!

So far the main room, dining room, kitchen, and half bath have been claimed.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Money sent ;)
    The entire first floor has been claimed for naming rights :D
  • Congrats on the the new home, it's going to work out. :)
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    Well, being the college student I am, I can't donate much. But here's what I can do. Don't spend it all on drugs.
    Well, being the college student I am, I can't donate much. But here's what I can do. Don't spend it all on drugs.
    Thanks dude! You rock.