What are you listening to?

Comments

• JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited July 2005
    The Ataris - So long, astoria (entire album)
    Neal McCoy - They're Playin' our song
    Romeo Void - A Girl in trouble (is a temporary thing)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2005
    MC Chris - I Want Candy

:thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    Seether feat Amy Lee - Broken
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited July 2005
    The Distillers - The World Comes Tumblin' Down
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Clutch wrote:
    Seether feat Amy Lee - Broken

I like this song alot but I really liked the original Seether version better than when they redid it with Amy Lee
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Camman wrote:
    I like this song alot but I really liked the original Seether version better than when they redid it with Amy Lee

I prefer the version with Amy Lee. It sounds more polished than the version without her. I'm also a fan of Evanescence (despite my inability to spell the name), so that likely has something to do with it.

Collective Soul - Shine
    Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Iron & Wine - Woman King
    DeVotchKa - Viens Avec Moi
    Son Volt - Endless War
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

just bought The Butterfly Effect on DVD, saw it in the theaters and I really liked this movie a lot and this song is in the end of the theatrical cut (for anybody who hasn't seen it, if you rent/buy the DVD, I highly suggest watching the theatrical version and not the 'directors cut' because the theatrical ending is much better)
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2005
    What? Oh no. I think the director's cut was much better... it's elegant, but horrible. Great movie, though, all in all.

Iron & Wine/Calexico - Burn That Broken Bed
    Grandaddy - Cinderland
    Chin Up Chin Up - Why is my Sleeping Bag a Ghetto Muppet?

Last night I bought all these, for around $35 total:
    Dakota/Dakota - Hamburger Help Us 7"
    Dakota/Dakota split with Riddle Of Steel 7"
    Pelican - March Into The Sea CDEP (because I just love it)
    Silver Mt Zion - Horses In The Sky double LP
    The Mars Volta - Televators picture disc LP

I also got a 320gig hard drive :D That was about $130, so it was a spiffy deal.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited July 2005
    Queen - The Prophet's Song
    Shadows Fall - Inspiration on Demand
    Satyricon - Repined Bastard Nation
    Burn the Priest - Dimera
    Sublime - What i Got
  • edited July 2005
    Triple 6 Mafia- The Bass is hitting so hard and low my walls are shaking, pictures droppin, windows flexin, lights perplexin, my head is burstin.
    edited August 2005
    Hockey Nights - Cooperation
    Head of Femur - Do the Cavern
    Tomorrow I Am Going To Do It - Things That Turn Into the Exact Opposite of What You Want

75 Minutes will rock your face off. It was created by a bunch of members at an independent music site, who put it in suggestions, etc. Great choice of music, great hosts, great everything. He said he just got the new equipment, so the levels (between talking and music) are still a little bit off, but it should get better.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home

OMG YES THEY ARE FINALLY RELEASING THEIR NEW ALBUM

I am as excited as a teenager. I LOVE this band. You can hear the new track on the front page of their website www.coheedandcambria.com

:woowoo: i cannot WAIT to get it
    edited August 2005
    I post too much in this thread. But I'm bored.

Sigur Rós - Takk, currently listening to "Glósóli."

Great new album. I seriously hope I can go see them in September. I hear it's phenomenal, and just an all-around experience.
  • edited August 2005
    Nothing my 60gb mp3 player from newegg came but, FedEx delievered it way to early.

The arrival time said 4:30pm and it came at 11:41am that is a 5 hour difference. Plus i had to goto work.

I bet I'll get it when I get home.

SPM-You know my name
    edited August 2005
    entropy wrote:
    Hockey Nights - Cooperation
    Head of Femur - Do the Cavern
    Tomorrow I Am Going To Do It - Things That Turn Into the Exact Opposite of What You Want

75 Minutes will rock your face off. It was created by a bunch of members at an independent music site, who put it in suggestions, etc. Great choice of music, great hosts, great everything. He said he just got the new equipment, so the levels (between talking and music) are still a little bit off, but it should get better.

The Tomorrow I Am Going To Do It (aka Stunt Rock) - Things That Turn Into the Exact Opposite of What You Want is sweet.

I highly recomend this podcast too. It's the keenest.
    edited August 2005
    Time Lapse Consortium - Cholula

Holy CRAP! This is an Incubus side project.

Incubus sucks. This is amazing. It's jazz, and very good jazz at that. I've been told that Incubus was good, and was a blend of styles, before they hit it big. I'm definitely going to look into it after this. Whoa. Seriously. Listen to this. It's a live recording, so it's not even illegal to download (usually).
    edited August 2005
    Well, I went crazy at the record store and picked up a few things this weekend:

Belle & Sebastian - Push Barman to open Old Wounds (3x disc vinyl)
    Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Mat Sweeney - Superwolf
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - s/t
    edited August 2005
    Luckyyy. We don't even have an actual record store within probably 60 miles. All we have is one crappy Sam Goody.

I did, however, order some stuff online last week. I've gotten one out of 5 so far. It should be 2, but I mistakenly ordered the CD and luckily the folks running the site are great, and will swap it for me.

The Mars Volta - Televators 12" (it's a picture disc, with really amazing artwork on it. I think this is an EP and a 12", because it plays at 45rpm to sound normal. Kinda weird)
    Silver Mt. Zion - Horses in the Sky (supposed to be 2xLP, but I got the wrong thing)

I've also got two Dakota/Dakota 7" EPs coming, and Pelican's "March Into The Sea" CDEP. Can't wait!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Anvil Salute - A Discreet History of Bone (Album)

One of the guys in this band was my TA for my GIS class. I was back in town last weekend at my favorite record store and picked up their album. It's pretty cool, mostly ambient type stuff. Their website has some music on it, but I haven't listened to those yet, so I'm not sure if they're full-length or if they're from this album, or what. One thing I dig about this record store - as soon as you buy some local music, they take a few dollars out of the register and put it into an envelope marked with the band's name, so you know the guys are actually seeing some money for their work :thumbsup: I miss living in a college town and seeing local bands.
    edited August 2005
    dark new day - brother
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited August 2005
    Static - Start A War album
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Felix Da Housecat - Neon Human
    edited August 2005
    Staind - Falling ( off their new CD coming out )
    edited August 2005
    Here's what I've been listening to the most this last week, ala Audioscrobbler/Last.fm:
    1 Chin Up Chin Up
    2 Hockey Night
    3 Time-Lapse Consortium
    4 The American Analog Set
    5 Sigur Rós
    6 Robyn Hitchcock
    6 My Bloody Valentine
    8 tomorrow i am going to do it (aka stunt rock)
    9 Silver Mt. Zion
    9 Thee More Shallows

Currently playing, however:
    The Prayers & Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers - Concerning Lessons Learned From The Aliens
    Strung Out - Swan Dive
    From Monument To Masses - Comrades And Friends

This makes me sad:
    News wrote:
    2005-08-09 - The RIAA has been allowed to assimilate the following labels: Epitaph, Absolutely Kosher, Hush, Jetset, Equal Vision, Sub City, SpinArt, Lookout, Fat Wreck Chords, Relapse, Nitro, BYO, Ferret, Tommy Boy, Taang, Kung Fu Records, Smash and others.
    Lots of good bands on some of those labels, too. And the worst part is, probably half were forced/threatened into joining, because a major label did their distribution. I don't see why they couldn't just let them be. Argh.
    edited August 2005
    Staind - Schizophrenic Conversations
    edited August 2005
    HIM - Gone with the sin

I felt like listening to some mellow sad love sappy music!!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Pearl Jam - State of Love and Trust

pearl jam used to rock out! What happened to them!?!?! :-/
  • Shadow2018Shadow2018 Northwest Missouri
    edited August 2005
    Pearl jam died with the 90's Prime. "Used to rock out" is the key phrase.

10 Years-The Autumn Effect

Album will be released on 8/16/05

You can hear the album here:

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/url/www.universalrecords.com/listeningparty/10_years_the_autumn_effect.asx

This link is for windows media player users.

http://www.10yearsmusic.com
    edited August 2005
    Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures, Bird On A Wire currently. Didn't like this band at first, but they're growing on me.
    Collections of Colonies of Bees - Fun (05) (Japanese version) -- GREAT band. Just amazing.
    Xiu Xiu & Devendra Banhart - Split 7" -- Eh. I think I may be the only person in the known universe who doesn't think either of these groups are anything special, much less covering each other's songs. So, eh.