"Oh wait, don't report"

Levex
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

New Meta: Winston plus Mercy's damage buff

RyanFodder
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Gnomequeen#1393

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

So aside from Icrontic I've been playing the hell out of this game with some of my Toronto buddies.

One of them who's online handle is Android has made a resolution that he's going to be the best Winston player on the planet. So far I believe him, dude's amazing.

Here's his hours played by champ for reference.

RahnalH102Strikes
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

RahnalH102#1272

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I am having way too much fun destroying this game with you guys...

BobbyDigiStrikes
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

PsychicMufin#1169

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Last night we were playing one of the KOTH maps, and @FettBacon shouts "I killed the lady! Rush the point".

I replied "...dude half the game's roster are ladies."

Mercy is The Lady, btw. Lady is best hero.

LevexStrikesGnomeQueenFettBacon

@UPSLynx said:
    Last night we were playing one of the KOTH maps, and @FettBacon shouts "I killed the lady! Rush the point".

I replied "...dude half the game's roster are ladies."

Mercy is The Lady, btw. Lady is best hero.

This was in fact the most hilarious part of the night...

He's totally correct and its addictive as hell.... ugh

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Gotta start somewhere.

This is your new Bible, everyone. Read it, learn it, master it:

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-hero-counters-guide/

RahnalH102RyanFodder
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I have zero interest in playing this with anyone other than IC crew, and I'm starting to get the feeling that would not be good enough to be good enough (although, that's why I was never very good at TF2 either...)

(also no interest in having to read guides to be able to play.)

I think this one might just not be for me, guys...

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:

There are way more counters than listed here.

Against any back of the line troops (snipers and supports) Winston is ridiculously strong, but he's not listed as any counter, except to Junkrat...

edited May 2016

@RyanFodder said:

@UPSLynx said:

There are way more counters than listed here.

Against any back of the line troops (snipers and supports) Winston is ridiculously strong, but he's not listed as any counter, except to Junkrat...

I feel this article went over hard, 1:1 counters for the most part. It didn't touch on more nuanced counters, or combos between characters much, ex: Reinhardt + Bastion/Torbjorn.

@CB
    You don't NEED to read up on those counters to be able to just play. Some of them are pretty intuitive and you'll figure out just by playing. For example the whole Bastion Vs. Genji match up. Bastion is a living Gatling turret and deals a huge amount of damage rapidly, but is completely mobile while doing so. Genji is extremely mobile AND can reflect projectiles where he aims. He can take advantage of Bastion's weaknesses, and counters his strengths.

The only thing I would say you should do to understand the game is play each character at least once so you understand them a bit from your own perspective, and can infer their strengths and weakness.

That all aside, I don't think it's the gameplay and understanding that that would be the main problem for you. It's the timezone difference and playing with as many friends as possible. As that is a problem that directly affects your stated values for the game more then anything.

colaGnomeQueenprimesuspect

My bestest Reinhardt yet.

LevexBobbyDigiRahnalH102FettBacon

@RyanFodder said:
    My bestest Reinhardt yet.

Excellent runs, thanks again. Had so much fun tonight.

Super fun :)

I also uploaded this...

Levex

Tonight we discovered a new meta....

BobbyDigiLevexGnomeQueen
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Ilriyas introduced me to the Winston/Mercy combo last night. It's surprisingly effective!

IlriyasLevex
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    @Ilriyas introduced me to the Winston/Mercy combo last night. It's surprisingly effective!

I feel like the only time mercy is ineffective is if there is no front line or there are a lot of flankers on the enemy team.

Levex

That's because she's "The Lady"

UPSLynx
    edited May 2016

Overwatch allows you to have hero specific bindings, sensitivity, reticle styles, and more.
    You can get to these options by going to the options menu from any point in the game. Then in the top right corner of the controls tab, you'll see a drop down menu with "ALL HEROES" on it.

Some heroes have specific options.

Genji: Automatically climb walls.
    Hanzo: Automatically climb walls.
    Junkrat: Rip-tire automatically climbs walls
    For these 3 you normally have to hold your jump button in order to climb walls. This option makes it so that you don't need to hold the jump button to do so. Seems wonky on the Rip-tire though.

Lucio: Hold to Crossfade. This option defaults Lucio's passive aura to healing and you must hold shift to use the speed boost.

Mercy: 2 options - "Toggle Beam Connection." & "Guardian Angel prefers beam target." The former works like the Medic's auxiliary option in TF2. You don't have to hold to keep the healing beam going. If you choose to turn this one on, you may want to turn the other off.

Zarya: Toggle Ally health bars.
    Soldier: 76: Toggle Ally health bars.
    This is so you can know when you can use the heal drop or shield to save a teammate who's low on health.

Widowmaker: 2 options - "Toggle Zoom" & a slider for "Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed." The former makes it so that you don't have to hold the right mouse button in order to stay in snipe mode.

StrikesRyanFodderUPSLynx
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

These are hilarious:

-Digi

_kRyanFodder