ShortMedia LAN 2005

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Me too, it's on my desk, where I hung it when I got back from last year, in full display...
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    LOL, CB you're sloganizer right now says Jesus loves Butterflyman... ;D
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited June 2005
    i too loved the name tag. mine spent some time hanging from the rear view mirror in my car, but the flashing of the sun off of it got to be too distracting, so i hung it from the shelf above my desk. i would love to have a 2005 name tag as well to hang next to it. PM me if thats ok.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited June 2005
    Yea Shwaip, Nomad, profdlp, MiracleManS, Camman and Aranyic.. I got the info you sent.

Thanks guys.. Yesterday, I was having a discussion with my wife, I was griping about the amount of work involved in producing these things and mentioned that only the first-timers were getting tags.. she said it sounded stupid, "Why not make them for everybody?" :scratch: I agreed.. So hey guys, don't tell anyone but I'll be making nametags for everyone, not just the n00bs. Once I'm done.. I'll parcel them up to Bruce about a week before the event.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    S
    W
    E
    E
    T

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Brian up his pay... double it even.)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    His salary has just doubled.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Awesome new tags, are same avatar as last year or you gunna use current ones?
    edited June 2005
    Current ones.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2005
    Hehe Bruce!

Yeah I still have mine. Its been on my CRT since I got back. Its clipped onto my screen dust cleaner.
    edited June 2005
    First, I want to thank you all for the prompt responses. Second, almost everyones tag is ready to goto print, save 2. I need a first name for RyThom and an Avatar for MiracleManS.
    edited June 2005
    RyThom's first name is Ryan
    edited June 2005
    Also: A last-minute last two:

Checkmate and Ze_Merovingian

Checkmate is Nick. His Avatar:

Ze_Merovingian is Mikael. His avatar:

edited June 2005
    Sorry to dissapoint but there won't be much change from last year. The Avatars have been updated, the "'04" has of course been changed to "'05". And the logo and text on the back are different.. but it's essentially the same badge. Why screw with a great thing?!

sample.jpg
    edited June 2005
    Oh
    My
    God.....

That's AWESOME!!!!! Great Work. I can't wait!!!!
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited June 2005
    Sweet. I pmed Dogsoldier last night.

EDIT: I changed my avatar because it was a GIF.

EDIT AGAIN: It was a knight but now it's just a simple design that I made all by my lonesome with MSPaint. (Some of us can make awesome stuff without the overpowering powers of the great Photoshop.LOL.)
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I wanted to go badly, but it looks like previous plans aren't able to be moved out of that weekend's timeslot. ...unless a miracle happens of some sort. :(
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I'm praying for a miracle! :D
    edited June 2005
    Sharkdart... nooooooooo.... you must come. We need your UT skilz....
    edited June 2005
    I don't have UT2K anymore, and I don't think anyones bringing Joint Ops:TR except for me, so, is anyone bringing BF2? I'm playing around with the demo. My squad/clan doesn't seem to like it but I think it's ok, maybe 7 stars out of 10. The hit detection/prediction is pretty poor, either that or I just have to learn to aim differently. And flying - especially helis - is a lot harder than I anticipated. Squad tactics are a must to win, which is good and bad, your screwed if your on a team that likes to Rambo it up. I haven't learned how to use the artillery but I'll prolly figure that out today.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2005
    Hey Dog: I dont think I am attending, if you could get your hands on a disk there at the Lan (or before) you could use my key.
    edited June 2005
    Marc, that'd be fantastic.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    arghhhhh i wish i could make it, but it would end up being a 16-18 hr drive from here in oklahoma, not to mention there is no way that i will have all the stuff to get my computer ready :bawling: , im coming next year though!!!!
    edited July 2005
    Bump! You can still come, but I can't promise you a T-Shirt since the order has already been placed :)
  • SewerTrooprSewerTroopr Ann Arbor, Michigan
    edited July 2005
    Is Prime's address posted anywhere? I plan to reserve a hotel room and I want something close.
    edited July 2005
    I'll PM you
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    me too please...my mom kinda wants to know where I'm headed (and I want to plan the route - shouldn't be too bad...) - she used to live in Detroit.
    edited July 2005
    w00t for mom!
  • SewerTrooprSewerTroopr Ann Arbor, Michigan
    edited July 2005
    What time are people coming on Friday? I don't know when I should arrive.
    edited July 2005
    The earlier the better. I want to avoid what happened last year - we didn't really get completely set up until late friday night. Hopefully we can get the tent, network, and electrical set up early thursday and then people can just roll up as early as they want on friday, plug in, and get playing.

I think "officially" we should start on friday at, say, 5:00 PM.
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    I cant even stand to look at this thread anymore! Im so dissapointed I wont make it!! I was looking forward to meeting everyone :bawling:
    I hope all the attendees have a great time. Good luck!