Expo 2014 Events

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    Linc What was the best idea? Also, I'm curious what's happening with the tea party - I missed it last year for some reason so I'm not sure how it's usually run but if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to! I am a massive tea fanatic ^_^

The tea lady cannot come this year :/

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

That said, if you want to step up and run the tea party, @Massalinie, you're welcome to

GnomeQueen
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@LeahVoice said:
    Is there no wine tasting event this year? :(

I swear I read a post saying that @Tushon was not coming and therefore if someone else wanted to run the event they could. I cannot find it, however.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    Linc What was the best idea? Also, I'm curious what's happening with the tea party - I missed it last year for some reason so I'm not sure how it's usually run but if there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to! I am a massive tea fanatic ^_^

Sweet! This year I am suggesting we have...

HORRIBLE TEA TIME.

There will be a buffet of teas to sample. We will wear silly hats. And we will watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.

mertesnMassalinieDogDragonGHoosdum

@LeahVoice said:
    Is there no wine tasting event this year? :(

No one volunteered. All we have this year are... liquor & beer & tea. :D

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Ryder said:
    I swear I read a post saying that Tushon was not coming and therefore if someone else wanted to run the event they could. I cannot find it, however.

That is correct. I do not currently plan to attend since I took a week off from work in the first month after my hire.

• LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I am now strongly considering running a wine tasting, but I need to think about it, consider a few things and wrangle up some help. @linc, I'll let you know by tomorrow morning if I'm able to take this on (I might not be able to). If I did do a wine tasting, it would be "Summertime Chenin Blancs" and would include cheese, crackers, etc. If you are interested in helping me and/or interested in attending a wine tasting, please let me know because that will sway my decision. Thanks!

RyanMMAnnes
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I know for a fact that @Troublebaker would be interested in a wine tasting

LeahVoiceGnomeQueenRyanMM
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@LeahVoice said:
    I am now strongly considering running a wine tasting, but I need to think about it, consider a few things and wrangle up some help. linc, I'll let you know by tomorrow morning if I'm able to take this on (I might not be able to). If I did do a wine tasting, it would be "Summertime Chenin Blancs" and would include cheese, crackers, etc. If you are interested in helping me and/or interested in attending a wine tasting, please let me know because that will sway my decision. Thanks!

I'll help! :)

LeahVoiceRyanMM
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Linc I am definitely a fan of that idea! I had a hunch that it was something to do with the Horrible Tea Time on the Sched :-D Sounds like an awesome time.
    @primesuspect I would be willing to run the tea party, but I have no idea what exactly that would entail. :-P Perhaps @Teramona can give me suggestions/advice. I can definitely bring a nice variety of teas. What about nibblies?

@LeahVoice I'd be interested in a wine tasting this year! I'm no connoisseur, but I'm happy to lend a hand if you need help setting up, etc.

LeahVoiceRyanMMmertesn
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Preliminary heads-up on the 2014 Expo beer tasting. You must comment on the Facebook post if you want to be in the loop for a seat.

https://www.facebook.com/events/749755948377110/permalink/797987833553921/

LeahVoice

@RyanMM said:
    Preliminary heads-up on the 2014 Expo beer tasting. You must comment on the Facebook post if you want to be in the loop for a seat.

See! My nagging worked!!

RyanMMGnomeQueen
    edited May 2014

@LeahVoice I'd likely put wine @ Thu 8pm and move Dominion to run alongside Horrible Tea Time if that works (I don't see a conflict between tea buffet & card flopping).

@Massalinie Do you want to help coordinate Horrible Tea Time? I can cover teas (but am open to more) if you can assist with light snack coordination. It'll be right before food tour so doesn't need to be much.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

@RyanMM said:

I would like to attend the beer tasting but do not have Facebook.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Signal said:
    I would like to attend the beer tasting but do not have Facebook.

Ah, my FB privilege is showing. I have remedied this. You are 'in' assuming you want in in the order in which it was received, just confirm with a post in this thread at some point in the near future.

http://icrontic.com/discussion/98775/expo-2014-beer-tasting

GnomeQueen
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@Linc said:
    No one volunteered. All we have this year are... liquor & beer & tea. :D

I volunteered to do it earlier in this
    thread :(

Here: @HumerusMeg said:

Tushon: I'm likely out for expo this year, pending other vacation/work situations, so I won't be planning a tasting event. We shall see.

Humerusmeg: Potentially in based on work schedule, if so I would love to provide a wine tasting event!

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Linc In lieu of the wine tasting, I'd like to propose Icrontic's inaugural first aid clinic! In this one-hour session, I'll teach Icrontians how to survive the other events: Heimlich, CPR, stroke awareness, general moderate wound care, and any other topics raised during the Q&A segment. Any time is fine.

mertesnZanthianRyanMM

@HumerusMeg My bad; sounds good. You can always ask @LeahVoice‌ if she wants a hand too :) Usually takes a couple folks to run an event.

The schedule is updated for the latest switcheroos. I put the first aid workshop simultaneous with the shaving workshop.

I've emailed out a form to all registered attendees with all the events that have separate sign-ups to collect "Ins" from folks. If you're trying to sign up for events but haven't actually signed up for Expo yet, you should probably get on that now.

edited May 2014

@Linc said:
    HumerusMeg My bad; sounds good. You can always ask LeahVoice‌ if she wants a hand too :) Usually takes a couple folks to run an event.

Having done it the last two years, I know that two people is more than enough to make it work out well; and I don't want to get in the way since I know @GnomeQueen‌ has already volunteered in the wine tasting thread @LeahVoice‌ posted. Consider this my official volunteer to host or again co-host with @tushon next year.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I put the first aid workshop simultaneous with the shaving workshop.

Adjacent rooms that are easily accessible to each other, I hope.

QCHRyanMMGarg
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

We plan for the long game.

edited May 2014

@HumerusMeg said:

Oh man, I didn't see that post! Hopefully you'll like what I end up putting on though! :)

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@Linc said:
    The schedule is updated for the latest switcheroos. I put the first aid workshop simultaneous with the shaving workshop.

If there's any mishaps with the shaving workshop, perhaps the first aid should be widely known in advance. ;)

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    If there's any mishaps with the shaving workshop, perhaps the first aid should be widely known in advance. ;)

Pretty sure I know how to make a tourniquet.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    Pretty sure I know how to make a tourniquet.

But a neck tourniquet?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I've emailed out a form to all registered attendees with all the events that have separate sign-ups to collect "Ins" from folks. If you're trying to sign up for events but haven't actually signed up for Expo yet, you should probably get on that now.

I signed up last night, but never got that email. Did it go out before that?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2014

@AlexDeGruven said:
    But a neck tourniquet?

Ever hear of a chin tourniquet?

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I received the form this morning, I think.