TICKETS ON SALE: Expo 2018!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2018 in Events

The 15th Annual Expo is nearly upon us!

YOU NEED TO ADD THESE BEFORE CHECKOUT IF YOU WANT ANY OF THEM:

1. Malty Pass (unlimited craft beer tap access)
  2. Bagel Pass (unlimited bagels Fri & Sat early AM)
  3. PEDAL PUB
  4. ROPES COURSE
  5. Beer Tasting
  6. Wine Tasting

I CANNOT ADD THOSE THINGS FOR YOU IF YOU FORGET.

**Get your tickets here! **

Please READ the event details on Eventbrite or on your head be it. Sales end 9AM ET on Tuesday June
11. Pedal pub & tastings are limited seating and first-come, first-serve.

Bowling!

It's a Bowling League theme, and that means we're selling limited edition Icrontic Bowling shirts. They will be dark blue + black with white embroidery. The Icrontic logo will be on the sleeve, and your name in deliciously tacky script on the opposite breast. The cost is $45 and the order form IS ONLINE NOW. THOSE sales will end separately in 2 weeks on June 6.

Saturday's marquee event will be bowling nearby at The Majestic. We'll play 2 games and grab food there too. It does have a full bar as well.

Featured Events

• Pokemon GO walking adventure, led by @BobbyDigi
  • The return of High Ropes Adventure
  • "Overcooked" tournament (on Switch)
  • The return of Pedal Pub, now bigger and during prime time
  • A self-contained 4-hr D&D Dungeon Crawl, DM'd by @sazboom
  • A catered soul food cookout

Old Favorites

• Duct Tape challenge
  • TF2
  • Rocket League
  • Smash Bros
  • CB's Reading
  • Carcasonne Tournament
  • Beer Tasting: Barrel-Aged Stouts
  • Wine Tasting
  • Boardgaming all day every day!

Communism

Icrontic Communism is back!

Our ticket price this year is the standard $100, and there is a "+1" ticket for $165 to subsidize someone else's ticket.

• There is a $35 Discount ticket if you need it.
  • You can choose the "Communism" option for a $5 bagel pass.
  • You can PM me for a $5 Communist Pedal Pub ticket (outside the Eventbrite workflow - I can't limit the ticket count correctly if I do it in there).
  • There are no Communist options for alcohol-related addons (pls) or the high ropes course ($$$).

Lastly, the "Sponsor" level ticket covers general admission, 1 subsidy, 1 month of hosting, and contributes to a modest event equipment upgrade.

Prizes

Lastly, don't forget to declare prizes you intend to bring. Thanks!

Lincmertesn

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

First after this post went live!

-Digi

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2018

@Linc Is it possible to get a ticket refund? I forgot to buy wine tasting. :(

//EDIT: I bought a 2nd ticket with wine tasting. Just need the first one refunded.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

jfc guys.

DontCallMeKelsoRyanMMMAGICGHoosdum

Ryder ninja'd his post out of there but he messed up too. :p I've edited the OP to be SUPER CLEAR not to forget to checkout with the extras, because I seriously cannot add them after the fact as far as I can tell.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

directions unclear, large picture crushing relevant text

Linc
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Unfortunately, I thought the pictures were ads :crazy::sawed::shake:

GnomeQueenSoda

You have failed the first test!

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

lol you clown-ass clowns

UPSLynxRyanMMCB

FYI, I attempted to do reserved seating for the LAN this year but their tools don't work with the way we do ticketing. I may do it manually in a week or two.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

@Linc For the "Where are you staying" question. What should we put if it's a split between two places or we don't know yet?

edited May 2018

@Massalinie said:
    @Linc For the "Where are you staying" question. What should we put if it's a split between two places or we don't know yet?

Other, or the majority-time option. It’s mostly curiosity & double-checking so folks don’t forget to tell me if they need lodging.

Massalinie
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Ryder said:

So you no wine taste?! Let saddd

@HumerusMeg said:
    So you no wine taste?! Let saddd

We fixed it.

HumerusMeg
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

@Ryder said:

I had to re check the whole page like 3 times to find the add-ons...because ad blindness.

@Linc we should have made the pictures with just text

THESE - AREN'T - ADS
    BUY - MY - SHIT

How can anyone be blind to @Farge?

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

@Linc said:
    How can anyone be blind to @Farge?

He (and the other pics) is not visible on mobile until you click on the pass option :( Mobile is anti- @Farge

I shrink the gap between when ticket sales begin & end each year not because I’m procrastinating but because this lull between the first 20 ticket sales and the other 30-40 sales gives me incredible anxiety every year without fail. Year 15 and I’m still on pins and needles waiting to see if we succeed again in hitting critical mass. It’s just brutal.

primesuspectRyanMMTushonGHoosdum
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Added the schedule from Eventbrite to the Icrontic calendar.

Subject to change, of course. The schedule didn't have event duration, so I guessed for most of them. Feel free to edit or suggest changes.

primesuspectmaliaLinc
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Things bowling themed but there's no group bowling?

edited May 2018

@MAGIC said:
    Things bowling themed but there's no group bowling?

:wtf:

@Linc said in the OP:
    Saturday's marquee event will be bowling nearby at The Majestic.

RyanMMMAGIC
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Oh, I'm an idiot.

LincRyanMMTushon
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Tickets ordered.

RyderMAGICUPSLynx
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Unfortunately I can't make it this year but I'm trying to swing one of the other events this year to make it up to you @Linc

primesuspectMAGICRyanMMRyanFodderKaintenance
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I shrink the gap between when ticket sales begin & end each year not because I’m procrastinating but because this lull between the first 20 ticket sales and the other 30-40 sales gives me incredible anxiety every year without fail. Year 15 and I’m still on pins and needles waiting to see if we succeed again in hitting critical mass. It’s just brutal.

Next year, sell tickets from Feb 1 - Feb 28, that way you're not on pins and needles about attendance come late May. Anyone that wants to attend after the Feb 28 deadline can buy a ticket to the main event, but gets waitlisted for all outings and tastings, and no shirt or badge.

edited June 2018

@GHoosdum said:
    Next year, sell tickets from Feb 1 - Feb 28, that way you're not on pins and needles about attendance come late May.

Last year I sold 4 tickets the week of Expo to folks who didn't remember or couldn't plan that far ahead. Normally you'd deal with this by raising ticket prices closer to the event, but Icrontic Communism makes that useless.

You're also forgetting the all-in-one thing we try to do with ticket sales means we need a full schedule and some events booked before we start selling tickets. That means we'd have to move the logo work up to like Thanksgiving.

GHoosdumRyanFodder
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@Linc said:

Last year I sold 4 tickets the week of Expo to folks who didn't remember or couldn't plan that far ahead.

e.g. @UPSLynx ...

GHoosdumMAGIC