Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I meant for you to get two of the 4GB sticks, thus giving you a full kit and with any luck they will be in the same batch and should provide you the same "benefits" of you buying a real kit.

You do not have a ROM or any misc. items on there, I am guessing they are excluded because you have some extra parts or enough random computer cables to fashion a fire escape ladder that could conduct you down a 7 story building.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Indeed, when it comes to misc. parts, if I don't have it laying around my house there's about 1 million of them laying around the datacenter I work in that I can use. As for loading the OS, I always just use my multi-boot USB key, no need for for a ROM drive there. Plus I can always TFTP boot on the workbench at work if need be.
    edited January 2011
    Alright guys I just finished doing this, took twice as long as I wanted it to. (mmm free hosting)

Clicking on the images below the headers, birds eye-cave-iso, takes you to a, currently, 5 row table that has renders of the map zip files that have been provided. CAUTION THESE ARE FULL SIZE USE 50% SIZE VIEW ON THE PAGES FOR EASIER NAVIGATION. The link to The Progression is the same thing but all of the maps in a table together sequentially.

Since most of these images are so freaking huge I have direct links on the front page, with approx. date they were created/supplied, that give you an image that you can zoom on.

If someone post up a zip every so often I will add it.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I suddenly have a hankering to learn java...
    http://hackaday.com/2011/01/03/controlling-real-objects-using-minecraft/
    I don't know if this could feasibly be used in the IC server, but would be AWESOME to tinker with!
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    With signs: http://sota.llarian.net/Icrontinent/

Without signs: http://sota.llarian.net/Icrontinent/nosigns.html

New version of the google-style map is up!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    hehe, you can see the new "all purpose grinder" / super sekrit project now.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Did someone take out the trees on my road? :-( now there is a big hole in the road.

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    Also, Tony, are the seemingly random "shadows" from clouds? Looks kinda odd O_o

Other then that, You sir have earned your spot in the Garden Of Awesome (Coming Soon)

-Digi
  • edited January 2011
    For the guys with the undisclosed project, I just placed another half-inventory's worth of cobble stacks in the free box
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I walked out of my house today to investigate the zombie sounds nearby, turned a corner and came face to face with a creeper. Part of my house, the road nearby, and part of Basil's house are now missing. PSA - Please close the town doors. That is all.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Canti wrote:
    I walked out of my house today to investigate the zombie sounds nearby, turned a corner and came face to face with a creeper. Part of my house, the road nearby, and part of Basil's house are now missing. PSA - Please close the town doors. That is all.

I don't think it's the doors. Extensive part of the fence behind my plot is missing. Baddies can just walk in to town.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Spiders can cross the fence, even. Not the others, though.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I, too, have cobble if anyone wants/needs it. Just let me know.
    edited January 2011
    If anyone needs some still I think I could cobble together a few stacks.
    edited January 2011
    Bukkit - superseding hMod

Bukkit is a new minecraft server mod that is replacing hMod. I no longer have an interest in Minecraft, so this change is for the best. Once Bukkit is ready, hMod will no longer be updated. This forum won't be deleted though, so you can keep posting and such, if you really want. It won't be very moderated though, since there'll be no point in doing so.

You can read more here:
    http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=3591
    Their official website:
    http://bukkit.org

Thanks.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    We also need a place for the minecraft server to be hosted by the 16th or before.

I will be leaving on the 17th for a month. If Ardi is not ready, we need an alternative.
    edited January 2011
    In that case, I will order the parts now so that I should (hopefully) have it up and running by then.
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    In that case, I will order the parts now so that I should (hopefully) have it up and running by then.

Big thanks in advance Ardichoke, Much <3 for stepping up to host.

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    If stuff doesn't happen fast enough I can step up to fill the time gap.
    edited January 2011
    Parts have been ordered, Rush processing, 3 day shipping to my work. Should be here in time for me to build it this weekend, migrate my data from my old "server" (read, my old Lenovo laptop) and get everything else set up in plenty of time.
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    hey0 blah blah blah

I was about to post this myself.

Also, I believe the darker tiles in the most recent map I generated are because of caching. If they didn't change from the last time the map was generated, Overviewer used cached data to speed up the render. Next time I run the map, I'll blow out the cache and start from scratch.

Mayhaps we do this when the server transfers over to Ardi. When Ryder zips of the last version of the world, I'll do the map again then.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Ardi just has to remember that everything about this build is used in Windows.

I assume Hey0 works the same in Linux, but I have nothing to go by.

Just need to use the nogui.sh instead of the bat files.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I've been looking into the Linux setup, should be pretty simple (famous last words?). Really though, there's already startup scripts and whatnot for the server and everything is in java thus it is very cross-platform.
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Yeah, I've been looking into the Linux setup, should be pretty simple (famous last words?). Really though, there's already startup scripts and whatnot for the server and everything is in java thus it is very cross-platform.

http://minecraft.codeemo.com/index.html

Check that out!
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    Hello. Just joined here because I've been looking for a server, and a friend (who goes by cola over at my forums, but I have no clue what he goes by here) said he'd been playing on this server and mentioned that a few of us that play over there should see about joining your guys' server.

My Minecraft name is MalpercioGoC, and I understand if you'd like me to be more active around the forums and whatnot before just asking to be whitelisted.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Hey Mal, glad you found the place, I can vouch for him as being good people and good for the whitelist or whatever I'm supposed to say :S
    edited January 2011

Interesting, but I'm not looking to run an entire distro based around Minecraft. I need to do other things with my server as well. Planning on installing Debian Stable and setting up Minecraft via http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server#Linux

I've had a look over their init script and it looks to be pretty robust so I'm planning on using that as well. Should allow for me to do backups of the server really easily with a single cron job too.

It might take some poking about to get things working, but I'm an ubernerd and a sysadmin... I shall make it happen.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I like Malpercio already. Welcome, sir.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Can I come in?
    edited January 2011
    So...I travelled out to coords +5000, 0! Which turns out to be in the middle of water. So, I found a nice little island at 5050, 0 that I've built a small outpost on. Feel free to use it as a safe have if you ever get out that far. :)

I'm going to be digging a tunnel from there all the way back to civilization...just for shits and giggles!
This discussion has been closed.