Holiday cards have also been on hiatus, and people have expressed desire to revive this exchange. So here are the deets!
- Fill out the information document below NO LATER THAN November 15th.
- Plan to mail PHYSICAL cards, the more creative the better, please no e-cards.
- This is open to ALL OF ICRONTIC, please make sure to look up and include extra postage for our out of country participants.
- Commitment to sending out your cards by Monday December 7th, 2020, don't be a scrooge and sign up without sending or the ghost of Christmas past will haunt your ass.
- I will send out access to a google spreadsheet with all the document information on November 16th so you can start sending.
Secret Santa has been on hiatus since 2014 and I think the shittest year of 2020 deserves some fun, so let's share some fucking cheer and exchange holiday care packages:
To participate please fill out google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSWqfb0suyOjRyLmTDyuVUieIywFydxpY2ifqdsI3TmSQmXw/viewform?usp=sf_link
To participate please commit to these things:
1. We are using Elfster, so it will generate a random list to involve everyone including myself. This means, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AN ELFSTER ACCOUNT to participate once the emails go out.
2. Commitment to mailing gift to arrive sometime in December, signing up means you will send a gift, please don't leave your poor receiver without a gift.
3. $50 limit of gifts, let's get creative, but please don't go ridiculously outside of set budget. Also know that shipping will most likely tack on $12-15 to this amount.
DEADLINE FOR ENTERIES WILL BE NOVEMBER 15th
Questions, feel free to PM or message me on discord! Let's get gifting
Sweater weather is back and that means a perfect chance to break out those f@h space heaters we all have for the cold winter months. @mas0n loved be toasty all summer in Texas. @drasnor must have the exhaust from his rig connected to a good nozzle to help SpaceX rocket launches.
Lets not leave these warm boys alone at the top of the charts.
This is it. This is what you've been working towards. Every lap. Every hard earned second. A 5 week, 5 track racing series in some of the most well simulated cars in Project Cars 2. Each week points will be awarded and the driver with the most points at the end of week five gets to claim the title of IC Driver of the Year.
So lets lay it all out.
- Drivers will pick one GT3 car to race the whole series. So pick wisely.
- Each race will have a 30 minute qualifying session
- Each race will be 15 laps
- A mandatory pit stop will be in place each race
- Gentleman's agreement to do a tire swap during the pit
- All driving aids will be allowed except the race line
- All races will be in dry weather with the time set to 1pm and date set to the real world date. (This should only change the air and track temps to add variation to the races)
- Track limits will not be enforced by the game, but please try to avoid intentional out of bounds that ruin the spirit of the race
- The Audi R8 is extremely OP. I'm not going to tell you to not race in it, but I'd love to see everyone in something other than the easy mode car.
Here how the points will work. 1st place will get a number of points equal to the number of drivers who sign up. If we get 8 drivers, a first place win will net you 8 points. Second place 7, so on and so forth. If a driver misses a week the points awarded at the end of the race will not change, the driver who misses a week will just receive the last place point allotment of 1. This prevents the point totals from needing adjustments for if someone can't make a race. If two drivers miss a week, both will only get 1 point and the normal allotment of points from 1st place down stay the same.
The tracks. (In order)
Le Mans Circuit Bugatti
Red Bull Ring
Circuit De La Sarthe Sportsland SUGO
Dates for the first week is still TBD but I wanted to get the information together for everyone so we can lock in who wants to race and so all of you can have some time on the tracks to practice the without the race lines. Please let me know who wants in so I can get to the next stage of planning.
I'm really looking forward to this and I hope you are as well.
What: Celebration the lives of loved ones we have lost. It has been a long standing tradition to toast to Spencer at ICOK and now with Kyle missing from our community, we decided it is time to make an event to celebrate our loves lost. In the future we hope to attach this event to ICOK, but in lieu of COVID this year, we shall make an online event out of it! Kudos to @Linc for the idea to make this celebration happen.
When: Saturday October 31st - Sunday November 1st
Scheduling: (TENTATIVE) will add any updates ASAP
- 7pm central Saturday night, opening with altar in the pub with candles, stream will run all weekend for us to visit from our homes!
- 8pm central Immediately after, viewing of Coco
- 7pm central Sunday evening: porch gathering for sharing of stories, and general visiting
Creation of the Icrontic Altar:
- It is customary to celebrate Dia de los Muertos with an altar created with photos of our loved ones filled with treats, flowers and water. The altar is not a worshipping place, but rather a place meant to welcome the spirits back to the realm of the living and give them nourishment after their long journey back to us. Incense is often burned and marigolds are frequently the main flower used to decorate.
- Each entered photo will be placed in a frame on altar created in the pub of ICHQ.
- Linc is going to be streaming the altar live for the weekend of the event. He has ordered flowers and has candles that are going to burn for the duration of the event.
How you can participate:
- Please send me (email@example.com or Humerusmeg discord) a 4 x 6 photo of a loved one you would like featured on the altar.
- Please also send a small blurb on your loved one, we hope to create a website that also features all photos and information so we can celebrate everyone's spirits during this!
Mark your calendars, (I have updated IC calendar with events). Looking forward to celebrating with you all
Please send me submissions NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 26th to ensure involvement on altar creation.
What up y'all,
IT'S TIME TO BAKE MORE THINGS!!
1.) @Massalinie will be instructing everyone on how to make pretzels! She'll post more details about that below. Get ready to make delicious salty pretzels!
2.) It's time for a spooky bake-off, or a SPOOP-OFF! Make all the spoopy themed baked good in October. This is an event with PRIZES! There will be two-- one distributed randomly, and one based on aesthetics (since I have not yet figured out how to taste things through computer screens). The winner of the aesthetic contest will be determined by vote at the end of the month, and will not be eligible for the random prize. The best thing about the spoopoff? You have almost all month! Photos will be due in this thread by end of day October 28th, so that we have a few days for voting.
Please feel free to submit as many things as you want, but if you put in multiples, please note which you'd like judged for aesthetics. You will only be given one entry for each contest.
Well, here we are. Still. The apocalypse pandemic is still happening and we still have to stay at home to keep our family and friends safe. So let the games and murder begin!
Welcome to Rock Out With Your Oct Out (ROWYOO). We've got some games, an escape heist, some friendly gatherings and in the spirit of ICOK, we're dressing up and doing some drinking. Oh... and did I mention Murder ?
Sunday Afternoon Delights - Every Sunday night at 8pm, grab a drink and hang out on the porch! There will be a suggestion for drinks each week. Join in on the theme or feel free to make your favorite drink or just pop a soda or beer. Porch chat and chill with Icrontians.
10/4 - Mixer. Take a couple of things and mix 'em together. Try something new or one of your favorites. Let's talk about how that turned out.
Spooky Movie Nights - Every Wednesday we'll stream a scary or Halloween themed movie. Thank you to those that participated in the survey. The four movies that gained the most votes will be shown on the dates below!
10/7 - Hereditary (2018)
10/14 - The Devil's Candy (2015)
10/21 - Us (2019)
10/28 - Hocus Pocus (1993)
10/31 - Coco (2017) as part of Dia De Los Muertos. Details below.
TF2 - TF2sdays - 8pm. MvM Shenanigans Mondays and Fridays - 8pm. We're going to upgrade the server for the month so TF2sdays will allow more players. Up to 32. We're going to do our darnedest to fill that bad boy every Tuesday night. The upgrade will also allow us to do Mann Vs Machine on our server. There will be events throughout the month allowing no cost MvM fun. We've got some custom maps along with some cheaty fun lined up.
L4D2 - Thursdays - 8pm. Valve is officially releasing a gigantic community made update for Left 4 Dead 2 within a couple weeks. The Last Stand Update. Starting October 1st, we'll get together every Thursday nights to check out the new campaign, see how long we can last in the 20 new survival maps, and we can even do VS survival now.
Among Us - Saturday, October 3rd and 17th - 8pm. Get your tasks done and don't die.
Minecraft Werewolf - Saturday, October 10th - 8pm. If you've not played on my custom map yet. You're missing out. Come for the bloodshed, stay for the memes.
Boardgames - Every Sunday - 4-8pm. Online board games with Gamemaster CB. What challenges lay before you? Hang out and see!
Heist Heist Baby! - Saturday, October 10th. We're getting an elite team together to pull of the heist of a lifetime. You in for this virtual escape room experience? (Cost $15 per person) Sign up link and details in reply below.
Drink! - Friday, October 23rd - 8pm. What's better than hanging out on Discord and playing a drinking game with Icrontic? What's that? Yeah, you're right, an in person drinking game with Icrontic would be better. Well, since we can't do that, Discord Drinking Game!
Murder in 1985 - Saturday, October 24th 8-10pm. You are invited to an exclusive industry event. A CEO is throwing a release party for his "new" beverage and wants you, the famous celebrity you are, to be there for the festivities! I should mention, this is in 1985 and you have to dress for the occasion folks! Sign up link and details in reply below.
Hangover Brunch - Sunday October 25th - 1pm. By this time, we're all going to be a bit babalaas. Shoot, some of us might still be drunk from the last two nights. Grab some brunchy foods, maybe leave the champagne out of the OJ, maybe not? Let's sit back, relax, nurse our dehydrated bodies and binge The Hangover trilogy.
Bake All The Things! - GnomeQueen and Massalinie are hosting a bake off and pretzel baking event. See details here.
Day of The Dead - Icrontic is celebrating Dia De Los Muertos with an alter stream and viewing of Coco. Details here.
Regularly scheduled weekly events will still be going on including RDR2 Mondays and Grand Prix Fridays. If you are interested in either of these, hit us up on Discord for more information.
All Times Eastern. We'll be nailing down more details and times as October gets closer. Be sure to keep an eye on the Icrontic Calendar for the schedule as it is finalized.
Note: Halloween, October 31st, is on a Saturday this year. While we do not recommend going to parties or trick-or-treating this year, we are not planning gaming events that Saturday to leave open for everyone to spend time with their local families.
Stay safe Icrontic Fam.
Let's have some socially distanced fun y'all!