I'm going to start running Poker Nights weekly for the foreseeable future. I'm going to call now through the end of June "Season 1" with the first event being Saturday January 2, 2021.
Each player will start out a 50,000 chip (c) stack at the beginning of the season. Your chips will be tracked in a Google spreadsheet which will track all additions and subtractions from your totals. Participation chips will be given out for each event. Details for each event will be listed here and spammed to discord.
Standard Events will be Texas Hold 'Em, minimum 2 hours with 25c small blind / 50c big blinds. You do not have to bring your entire stack into the game but there will be a minimum amount to bring in along with a minimum amount of play time to earn the participation chips. Participation bonuses will be added to player stacks at the end of each event.
If a player runs out of chips at a table, this will count as them getting up from the table. If they wish to rejoin, they will be put at the end of the wait list and anyone at the beginning of the wait list will be prioritized for the seat. If a player runs out of chips during the season (or their season stack is lower than 10,000c), they can borrow up to 10,000c at the beginning of each event and this will count as a negative in their stack if they do not play it back.
The player with the biggest stack at the end of the season will be given a prize (to be determined)
Games will be held at https://www.pokernow.club/
This is a free website, just click and go. When you join the table (link for event tables will be posted at the beginning of each event) you enter in your name and starting stack. You must use a name that is generally recognizable to others (such as your forum or Discord name). The starting stack that you enter will be verified by me before you are allowed to sit down.
Event #1: Saturday January 2nd, 5:30p / 6:30m / 7:30c / 8:30e
Minimum stack: 10,000
Minimum Playtime: 1 hour
Participation award: 10,000
Notes: This is designed as an introductory event. If you bring 10k and play for an hour, you guarantee to at least break even with the Participation bonus at the end of the night.
Event 1 Table (Archived)
There is a limit of 10 spots at a table. Reservations will be taken from the time of the announcement until the end of the event. Any players over 10 will be considered a wait list and invited to sit in once a spot opens.
- You can sit down at any time the table is open (and there is a spot open)
- You do not have to put all your money on the table. There is a minimum to qualify for the event bonus but you can bring in as little or as much as you want whenever you sit down. There are strategies for both small stacks (mitigate loss) and large stacks (scare players with your stonks).
- You do not have to participate in all events. There are participation bonuses for each event but there is no penalty for skipping any.
- You can leave at any time. Lost or Made enough for the night? Step away and prepare for the next event. Again while there is a minimum play time to gain the event bonus, there is no penalty for leaving at any time.
- Say what you want, or nothing at all. We'll be hanging out in Discord but you don't have to say anything. Once you are comfortable with the flow, you don't even have to if you don't want to. At a casino table it is not uncommon to see straight faced players with sunglasses on. This is so they are the same no matter what their hand is. Tells are huge in in-person poker. There is the option to stream yourself at the poker table, this is not necessary for most events (Including event #1) but there will likely be at least one video mandatory event.
I'll add more info here as it comes up. Feel free to reply here or hit me up on Discord with any questions.
@mas0n blew the seat of his pants out in the middle of the night a he passed 1 billion points. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=207797
Holiday cards have also been on hiatus, and people have expressed desire to revive this exchange. So here are the deets!
- Fill out the information document below NO LATER THAN November 15th.
- Plan to mail PHYSICAL cards, the more creative the better, please no e-cards.
- This is open to ALL OF ICRONTIC, please make sure to look up and include extra postage for our out of country participants.
- Commitment to sending out your cards by Monday December 7th, 2020, don't be a scrooge and sign up without sending or the ghost of Christmas past will haunt your ass.
- I will send out access to a google spreadsheet with all the document information on November 16th so you can start sending.
Secret Santa has been on hiatus since 2014 and I think the shittest year of 2020 deserves some fun, so let's share some fucking cheer and exchange holiday care packages:
To participate please fill out google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSWqfb0suyOjRyLmTDyuVUieIywFydxpY2ifqdsI3TmSQmXw/viewform?usp=sf_link
To participate please commit to these things:
1. We are using Elfster, so it will generate a random list to involve everyone including myself. This means, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AN ELFSTER ACCOUNT to participate once the emails go out.
2. Commitment to mailing gift to arrive sometime in December, signing up means you will send a gift, please don't leave your poor receiver without a gift.
3. $50 limit of gifts, let's get creative, but please don't go ridiculously outside of set budget. Also know that shipping will most likely tack on $12-15 to this amount.
DEADLINE FOR ENTERIES WILL BE NOVEMBER 15th
Questions, feel free to PM or message me on discord! Let's get gifting
Sweater weather is back and that means a perfect chance to break out those f@h space heaters we all have for the cold winter months. @mas0n loved be toasty all summer in Texas. @drasnor must have the exhaust from his rig connected to a good nozzle to help SpaceX rocket launches.
Lets not leave these warm boys alone at the top of the charts.
This is it. This is what you've been working towards. Every lap. Every hard earned second. A 5 week, 5 track racing series in some of the most well simulated cars in Project Cars 2. Each week points will be awarded and the driver with the most points at the end of week five gets to claim the title of IC Driver of the Year.
So lets lay it all out.
- Drivers will pick one GT3 car to race the whole series. So pick wisely.
- Each race will have a 30 minute qualifying session
- Each race will be 15 laps
- A mandatory pit stop will be in place each race
- Gentleman's agreement to do a tire swap during the pit
- All driving aids will be allowed except the race line
- All races will be in dry weather with the time set to 1pm and date set to the real world date. (This should only change the air and track temps to add variation to the races)
- Track limits will not be enforced by the game, but please try to avoid intentional out of bounds that ruin the spirit of the race
- The Audi R8 is extremely OP. I'm not going to tell you to not race in it, but I'd love to see everyone in something other than the easy mode car.
Here how the points will work. 1st place will get a number of points equal to the number of drivers who sign up. If we get 8 drivers, a first place win will net you 8 points. Second place 7, so on and so forth. If a driver misses a week the points awarded at the end of the race will not change, the driver who misses a week will just receive the last place point allotment of 1. This prevents the point totals from needing adjustments for if someone can't make a race. If two drivers miss a week, both will only get 1 point and the normal allotment of points from 1st place down stay the same.
The tracks. (In order)
Le Mans Circuit Bugatti
Red Bull Ring
Circuit De La Sarthe Sportsland SUGO
Dates for the first week is still TBD but I wanted to get the information together for everyone so we can lock in who wants to race and so all of you can have some time on the tracks to practice the without the race lines. Please let me know who wants in so I can get to the next stage of planning.
I'm really looking forward to this and I hope you are as well.
What: Celebration the lives of loved ones we have lost. It has been a long standing tradition to toast to Spencer at ICOK and now with Kyle missing from our community, we decided it is time to make an event to celebrate our loves lost. In the future we hope to attach this event to ICOK, but in lieu of COVID this year, we shall make an online event out of it! Kudos to @Linc for the idea to make this celebration happen.
When: Saturday October 31st - Sunday November 1st
Scheduling: (TENTATIVE) will add any updates ASAP
- 7pm central Saturday night, opening with altar in the pub with candles, stream will run all weekend for us to visit from our homes!
- 8pm central Immediately after, viewing of Coco
- 7pm central Sunday evening: porch gathering for sharing of stories, and general visiting
Creation of the Icrontic Altar:
- It is customary to celebrate Dia de los Muertos with an altar created with photos of our loved ones filled with treats, flowers and water. The altar is not a worshipping place, but rather a place meant to welcome the spirits back to the realm of the living and give them nourishment after their long journey back to us. Incense is often burned and marigolds are frequently the main flower used to decorate.
- Each entered photo will be placed in a frame on altar created in the pub of ICHQ.
- Linc is going to be streaming the altar live for the weekend of the event. He has ordered flowers and has candles that are going to burn for the duration of the event.
How you can participate:
- Please send me (firstname.lastname@example.org or Humerusmeg discord) a 4 x 6 photo of a loved one you would like featured on the altar.
- Please also send a small blurb on your loved one, we hope to create a website that also features all photos and information so we can celebrate everyone's spirits during this!
Mark your calendars, (I have updated IC calendar with events). Looking forward to celebrating with you all
Please send me submissions NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 26th to ensure involvement on altar creation.