The Official Folding Gauntlet Thread - Name your enemy!

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2004
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I also have a few, from Arachnid (yes, its back up), based on weekly production (not dailies, which are more optimistic).

Username....POS...Overtake Date
    Moxon........+1.....2004-02-25 03:00:00
    ajfrizz .......+2.....2004-02-25 14:00:00
    LoBo_Tech. +4.....2004-02-28 11:00:00
    floont ........+5.....2004-02-28 20:00:00
    riceman2000 +3.....2004-02-28 22:00:00
    EQuito........+7.....2004-03-01 18:00:00
    Chubby.......+8.....2004-03-01 23:00:00
    billmaly.......+6.....2004-03-05 17:00:00
    qz103........+11....2004-03-07 22:00:00
    celcho.......+14....2004-03-09 18:00:00

Not TOO bad for an ol' fart of a geek.... :D

John D.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2004
    It's "Battle of the pensioners time" in our house. My enemy?? JonsHandbrake ofcourse.

Since i had a couple of WU's head start, Sally wants the user name on the puters at home changed to hers. We did this during the week and now she is ahead by one WU.

I changed them back to my username and copped grief. The problem is, that when i fly back to work, she can change them again and there is nothing i can do about it.

The best part is that it is all for a worthwhile cause. I'll just keep battling along with my P4 2.4g Notebook, whilst she has control over the 3 desktops. No justice in this world, hehehe.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2004
    Show her whos boss.:)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Show her whos boss.:)
    :vimp::vimp::vimp:
    The Shining:
    Grady: I fear you will have to deal with this matter in the harshest possible way, Mr. Torrance. I fear that is the only thing to do.
    Jack: There's nothing I look forward to with greater pleasure, Mr. Grady.
    Grady: You give your word on that view, Mr. Torrance?
    Jack: I give you my word.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited February 2004
    Check your threat list prof: March 19th is your day of reckoning. I've still got a tbird 1400 now waiting on a PSU and a HD but I will catch you!.
    edited February 2004
    qparadox wrote:
    ...I will catch you!.
    I don't know what you're on, but we should order a case of it for every member of the team. :cheers:

My niece is getting her Internet connection soon. I think her 2000+ can offset 21.89 points a day. :ninja:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2004
    Hhhmmmmm.......I like your style Prof, lol.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2004
    Sweetz Passed. Now on to Wugs. Red awhile after that.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Well, I think I will be in the top 100 in March, what do you think???

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/member_overview.php?UserID=47087

Especially given this....????
  • edited February 2004
    Well prime, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that my new 2600m looks like a sure-fire winner. I presently have it running at 2520 MHz and not a hiccup. I don't have time to try bumping it higher since I'm getting ready to go back out to work, but I think I'll have a proc that I'll be able to run 2600+ MHz on air with it. :vimp:

Plus, Newegg kind of screwed the pooch with my refurb IS7, didn't ship it till Monday evening, but Fedex came through with shining colors this time. I checked their site this morning and it showed being delivered to Lafayette a little before 8:00 AM. I went over there early this afternoon and had them check for the box and found out that they had loaded it on the truck to be delivered tomorrow. They then called the driver and had him swing by my house with it around 6:00 PM. :bigggrin:

The bad news is that I've lost the use of my P3S rig, but it's been replaced by the IS7/P4 and is presently running 2 hyperthreaded instances of folding after a quicky install into the P3 case and installing XP. I presently have it running at 3.0 and folding away, using the stock hsf, which actually isn't too bad for mild overclocking.

I had to do a bit of psu shuffling to get everything running; my a7n8x rig is running on a 250 watt psu right now. :eek2: I really will need to get a bigger psu when I get back in as it is dragging the 12v and 5v rails down fairly bad. :eek:

So unless the weather stays bad around here where my farm can't get work due to the sat broadband being down due to weather, I should be doing pretty well while I'm at work. :wave:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2004
    Mudd, do you have any experience with IS7s? How nicely does it O/C? I read reviews, but I trust the reviews of actual users more than I do the reviews of the large sites. Is it as good as the IC7 for O/C'ing, or even close?
  • edited February 2004
    Well, IMHO, the IS7 isn't as good an OC'er as my Chaintech is, I've posted elsewhere about the problems I had with the IS7 in this post http://short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107480&postcount=4 so that might give you an idea as to some of it's shortfalls.
    edited February 2004
    Thanks mat.

How's your mother?
    madmat wrote:
    Well, IMHO, the IS7 isn't as good an OC'er as my Chaintech is, I've posted elsewhere about the problems I had with the IS7 in this post http://short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107480&postcount=4 so that might give you an idea as to some of it's shortfalls.
  • edited February 2004
    She's been in and out of the hospital twice more since Dec. but she's finally doing better, thanks for asking.
    edited February 2004
    qparadox is tearing it up - he just went Orange.

Time to circle the wagons... :-/
    edited February 2004
    Whew! It was close, but you won't be taking 30th place back from me. :wink:

It does look like you're going to nab 28th from me in a day or two... :bawling:
    edited February 2004
    yeah don't get too comfortable in that spot ;).
  • edited February 2004
    Well it looks like A2J has fired the first salvo in a battle to come so he has to be officially named on my gauntlet list. Bring him to the guillotine and off with his head!

KingFish
    edited February 2004
    Be careful what you wish for, you may regret it.
    Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

You're biting off more than you can chew, son. :)
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited February 2004
    I declare jihad on anyone who is less then 24 points above me. Your days are numbered. You have about 2 or maybe 3 weeks tops to raise your score. After that i'll pass you and never look back. :D

Next stop sm17. :rarr:
    edited March 2004
    I asked SM17 and she replied: BRING IT BAD BOY :D. It might be time for some LN2 for the pally ;).

Oh and BTW, I passed you yesterday Prof and the T-bird still isn't online :D.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited March 2004
    qparadox wrote:
    I asked SM17 and she replied: BRING IT BAD BOY :D. It might be time for some LN2 for the pally ;).

You've got yourself a challenge then. :rarr: :sweflag:
    edited March 2004
    qparadox wrote:
    ...Oh and BTW, I passed you yesterday Prof and the T-bird still isn't online :D.

Really? I hadn't even noticed....... :bs:

I am :Pwned: :screwed: and :bawling:

Nice job, buddy! :respect: :smokin:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Mudd: I'm getting closer :rarr:

watch your back ... :ninja:
  • edited March 2004
    Mudd: I'm getting closer :rarr:

watch your back ... :ninja:

Methinks you had better turn around and look right behind your back, Primey d00d! Looks like da Mondi wants to take a bite out of your butt also. :wow:

Also, if you haven't bothered to notice, since I got home and got my gateway rig rebooted, I have pretty much been outpacing you on daily production also. :nudge::p :celebrate
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited March 2004
    I declare Jihad on Muddocktor for being impatient. Remember just click it once.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    what PSU u got capown running that 2400m @ 2.56?...me whats to know thanx
  • edited March 2004
    Al_Capown wrote:
    I declare Jihad on Muddocktor for being impatient. Remember just click it once.

Naw, wasn't being impatient, saw some spelling errors after I hit the submit button and tried to stop it but it was just too late. All fixed now though. ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    heheh, but perhaps you didn't see in the blitz thread that I will be adding a 3.2ghz northwood to my arsenal come Monday next.... Hyperthreading == a sad docktor of mudd :screwed:
This discussion has been closed.