The Official Folding Gauntlet Thread - Name your enemy!

Comments

• witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited March 2004
    Did this get a little :topic: or am I reading this wrong? :vimp: Houston, You have a problem - a2jfreak move over a bit or step on it . Your next!! Jack
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited March 2004
    No!!!!!!!!
    :rant:

Oh well. Much :respect: to you, witenoiz.

// Edit: BTW, I'm not next. Enisada is. I'll overtake him before you overtake me! Then I'll be next.

Who are you anyway, witenoiz? Goldberg?!?!?!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    Alexander Vandenberg and Red are now on my hit list. I should pass Red first tho.

I remember the days when he was battling it with the Top 10 folders. Ahhh memories.

All time high for me, well the last update was 3.3k but this is close enough.:) First time over 3k tho during the past few days.
    edited March 2004
    :mouldy: I Yam Rube Goldberg and I yam in the basement inventing more stuff :mouldy: Without stats for a few days I missed Enisada :mean: I may have to OC some of these rigs in the morning :leet::aol:Camman you watching this?? :cheers: Jack
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    witenoiz wrote:
    :mouldy: I Yam Rube Goldberg and I yam in the basement inventing more stuff :mouldy: Without stats for a few days I missed Enisada :mean: I may have to OC some of these rigs in the morning :leet::aol:Camman you watching this?? :cheers: Jack
    This has got to be the most ominous post evar (sic).
    edited March 2004
    :confused: "This has got to be the most ominous post evar (sic)."

profdlp?

Was that an unpropitious comment?

Jack
    edited March 2004
    No! Your post just conjured up images of you coming out with a new secret weapon. When someone with your Folding record threatens to ramp it up it strikes fear in the heart of many a strong man. :hair::hiding:

:cheers:
    edited March 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    No! Your post just conjured up images of you coming out with a new secret weapon. When someone with your Folding record threatens to ramp it up it strikes fear in the heart of many a strong man. :hair::hiding:

:cheers:
    We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason. --Edward R. Murrow

:fold: Fear not - resources dried up - insurance is due :fold:

Jack
    edited March 2004
    Well said!
    What if you reached the age of reason
    Only to find there was no reprieve
    Would you be a man for all seasons
    Or would you just have to leave
    We measure our days out in steps of uncertainty
    Not turning to see how we've come
    And peer down the highway from here to eternity
    And reach out for love on the run
    While the man for all seasons is lost behind the sun

-Al Stewart

Still trying to be a man for all seasons... :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Wow... I just noticed that I have the 24th highest production... neat.
    edited March 2004
    Leonardo is up to something. Suddenly out of nowhere he has appeared on my threat list, and he's not wasting any time moving up.

What's the secret weapon, Leo?

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited March 2004
    QCH2002 - Your days are numbered! In fact your lead on me will disappear in 5hrs ;D;D;D
    edited April 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    ...What's the secret weapon, Leo?...
    Revealed! :hiding:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    Omega65 wrote:
    QCH2002 - Your days are numbered! In fact your lead on me will disappear in 5hrs ;D;D;D

good lord thats a lot of 160's.

now for my challenge
    Dexter : you're mine now
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Ah, just noticed this thread. Yeah Prof, things have been very productive for me lately. Wish I could take all of those Dell folders with me when I move to Oregon. I doubt I'll be in a position in my new job to have all the office's systems folding.
  • res0r9lmres0r9lm Florida
    edited April 2004
    Holy crap I got alot of catch up :eek2:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I am declaring JiHAD on FatCat6-- guess four-five days max to pass, PROBABLY more like three days at current daily prod rate.

BTW, will reach 25K late tomorrow, as EOC2 predicts-- link below:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/graphs/production_day_total.php?s=&u=21664

John D-- who is at 24794+ points per folding stats now, not 24763 on which the EOC2 prediction is based-- both boxes LOVE p731's, less than 2:45 (min:sec) on the P4 box per frame on those and I have been getting a LOT of them in Linux and XP. P4 also likes p563's which about 1\4 of that box's prod has been in last two 24 hour day periods.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    It wasn't that long ago that you were expressing concerns in the forums over what, if any energy you would expend towards Folding. Look at you now! ;D

Way to go, John. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2004
    :thumbup I agree with Leo - if you get any hotter we're going to have to ice you down! :vimp:

:smokin:
    edited April 2004
    Um, this is not a farm, this is two production boxes-- total. I have to scale back Folding time-slice priority on my business box (BARTON) to do graphics work and scheduling and contact tracking and accounting and billing. Oh, Dry Ice might help in summer, around box outside, but for now I rock. Taking advantage of average daily highs at or under 80 F now.... :D

OVER three GHz on both boxes will let me NOT scale-back time-slice Folding can use, EVER. The Linux client is in LOW priority instead of idle, I have six KDE desktop sessions of which three are often in use, and Folding runs hyperstably in a pure console also, at same time. Methinks 3 GHz+ P4 is hyper-neat for Folding while using heavily. That is why the other to-become-P4 business box will get XP reloaded, my work will get recovered easily from a second physical drive it lives on in same box now, and The HT box to become will garner hotter points yet than the Barton does now. I am thinking 3.06 HT Northwood for now, IC7-Max3 in both boxes. Later,a 3.4 Prescott, probably a year to two down the line.

Something admins and foliding team leaders might want to know-- Linux and XP run alternately on the P4 Personal box. BOTH fold, neither continuously. Linux is Machine and CPU three, and XP is machine and CPU two to Folding's stats servers. IDE cold swap is implemented on BOTH boxes. I will add a machine ID 4 once I figure out BSD more.

ICE??? I lived in Chicago area and Michigan (Motown vicinity) for a large part of my life.... :D KNOW how to deal with ICE... :D Answer to THAT will be virtual salt and virtual cinders.... As needed.... One word summary of me is IRREPRESSIBLE

Commitment to FOLDING?? Always there. My own team is not getting much credit though as I in fact fold for here and will indefinitely. But, might split the HT upgrade instances as far as team but not UID if you think I am TOO HOT for here... :D;D

John D.-- who likes SOME heat, but not lots-- except where certain things like FOLDING are concerned. Look up UID jdii1215 on Folding's server. No folding team page yet, though. No need for one... My team only has 3752 points to its name. :D
    edited April 2004
    Ageek I don't know How you have your personal box setup but back when I dual booted I would install the windows client on my windows partition then I could fold same protein with windows or by using wine from linux probly would want a small vfat partition for that.
    edited April 2004
    Um, no, I just run Linux client 4.0 and have no problems. Linux and Windows XP do not ever run at same time. I use IDe cold-swap trays and each O\S has its own Hd in a carrier. When XP is up, it folds, when Linux is up, it folds. I used seperate machine IDs for benefit of Stanford's servers, they might get unhappy if they got different WUs than they had sent to a machine ID last, alternatingly, and about every 4-6 hours. Now folding thinks it has a seperate machine part-time-most-of-time folding from Linux SuSE 9.0, and part-time folding from XP is anohter box. The business box has yet another machine ID and folds full time from XP. All IDs are like this:

Box..............................................Team......UID.......... Machine ID
    Personal (running Linux only)..........93..........jdii1215......3 (in client.cfg)
    Personal (running XP only)..............93..........jdii1215......2 (in graphical client.cfg)
    Business (always running XP now)...93..........jdii1215.......1 (stock for graphical client)

That help???? Yeah could wine it or Crossover Office it and put on a shared-between O\Ss SECOND cold-swap IDE drive (80 Gb, TWO FAT32 partitions-- there is actually one of these in each box), but Linux client runs FINE right in Linux itself. I wrote a minibatch, call that to start client these days, saved me from one HECK of a lot of a lot of typos as I use a BUNCH of switches for Linux client.

John D-- who is now about 101 points behind FatCat6 as of 3:10 PDT this morning, and is over 25K as predicted as of that time. EOC2 was pretty close, though.
    edited April 2004
    I don't think you completely understand what I was saying. What I meant was if you were dual booting you could have the windows client on a windows partition and when ever you were in linux you could still run the windows client should have same id as long as you start the client with -local but since you aren't dual booting no need. yea I agree the linux client is running good with the gromacs. It's going to take me quite some time to catch up but coming!!
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Here I come, 50k, mackanz and shwaip, and the #50 slot.
    If all goes as planed I'll make it before KingFish catches me.
    I just need to keep everything running for a couple of weeks.....
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited April 2004
    edcentric wrote:
    Here I come, 50k, mackanz and shwaip, and the #50 slot.
    If all goes as planed I'll make it before KingFish catches me.
    I just need to keep everything running for a couple of weeks.....
    I see you on my threats list Ed. :ninja:

WTF! :fold:
  • edited April 2004
    Time for maybe another node at the end of the month. I need to make a few phone calls to see why some of those other machines I helped to fix in exchange for their cycles aren't up and running :grumble:
    My production has really sucked the past two weeks, it needs to be picked up. Currently only a2j is on my jihad list. At this rate it'll take me a while to catch up to you ed.

KingFish
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    I think everyones production has gone down due to some of the WUs being sent out.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Well, the big wu's have made production lumpy. Even with four boxes running there are days that I only turn in one or two wu's. The uneven production makes prediction very risky. My total output hasn't gone down, but it is sure hard to keep track of.
  • edited April 2004
    I would have to agree with your mmonnin. I looked at the graph of my output and it would appear that my production is down but I have a hard time believing it's on the downslide. Our team prod appears to be going down too but I don't believe that's the case. I haven't looked at other teams' production to see if there are similar trends.

KingFish
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Ageek wrote:
    I am declaring JiHAD on FatCat6-- guess four-five days max to pass, PROBABLY more like three days at current daily prod rate.

well its been 6 days since u claimed JiHAD...and I'm still ahead of you :bigggrin: ;D
This discussion has been closed.