Team 93 Blitz

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    I just ordered a Xp 2400+M a few minutes ago to replace a crappy 1700+ TbredA. The Barton is goin in my NF7 and the 1800+ si going in the KX7. The 1800+ TbredA that was in the KX7 will go in the K7S5A. Should add several hundred MHz by the end of it.
  • edited March 2004
    I'm still way way behind to really seriously begin to challenge you A2J. I am gaining ground fast on you though. I'm still adding production to the farm. Results are very good so far. Denied, dunno about that one yet. :bigggrin:

KingFish

a2jfreak wrote:
    Well, the system just was not stable. Shame too. I lost a WU that was not far away from completion (yeah, I should have saved it, but I didn't even think about it until it was too late) and then every other WU--even after another vCore jump--died. Oh well. Like I said earlier: You win some and you lose some. I lost that one. Just consider that a small gift, KingFish. You won't overtake me, though! You will be denied! :)

Hopefully my XP-M 2500+ will do better. I am hoping I can work on it tonight.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited March 2004
    Installed the 2500+ XP-M and it's running @ 2.5GHz w/ the vCore set to 1.8, though the NF7-S undervolts so it's really around 1.74v-1.76v. Only been up a few minutes though, so no idea if it's stable. I'll leave it overnight and see if it completed a WU or if it dumped a WU. This time I did remember to save my WU, though, so if it does dump I didn't lose everything I had already done. :)

One thing I did notice via EMIII was that The frame I was watching finished around 89-90% of the time it had been taking my 2.3GHz CPU. Considering I have an 8% OC, that's about 2-3% extra performance by the larger L2 cache on this Barton. (Though, 2-3% could be w/in the margin of error for frame-times anyway so it might not truly mean anything.)

As it stands right now I have two TBred(B)s folding @ 2.3GHz and one Barton Folding @ 2.5GHz. There are other comps, but those are the fastest and the only Athlon-XP systems.
    edited March 2004
    Hopefully a2j, thats what I will be able to get out of my 2400+ XP-M. I ordered one today. I also have other 2.3 GHz machines right now. One will prolly fall down to 2.2 or so since it will do from an NF7 to a KX7. But I also have another 1800+ running in a K7S5A and some other machines folding for me as well.
    edited March 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Hopefully a2j, thats what I will be able to get out of my 2400+ XP-M. I ordered one today. I also have other 2.3 GHz machines right now. One will prolly fall down to 2.2 or so since it will do from an NF7 to a KX7. But I also have another 1800+ running in a K7S5A and some other machines folding for me as well.
    :thumbsup:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited March 2004
    I lost maybe 7-9 days of folding on the work server (1.8Ghz P4). It wasn't down or nothing, just wasn't logged in. I briefly toyed with the idea of installing F@H as a service but decided against it. I did have a talk with the office manager about the importance of logging in after a reboot, LOL so it should be staying up from now on. The server itself doesn't make a huge contribution, it's tallied 55 WUs since Oct. 10th, but hey!.. every bit helps. I didn't even notice it wasn't producing til I saw I had "Active processors (within a week) 3"
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    i finally went teh yeller...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    The server itself doesn't make a huge contribution, it's tallied 55 WUs since Oct. 10th, but hey!.. every bit helps. I didn't even notice it wasn't producing til I saw I had "Active processors (within a week) 3"

I have quite a few of those in my "army"... Older computers that turn in very very few WUs, but they faithfully crunch away and contribute in their own way. That's one of the ways I got to top 10 - install folding on EVERYTHING, despite whether I think it's "worth it" or not. I have celeron 333s, celeron 733s, P2-450s, P3-500s, you name it.. Bunch of junky stuff, but all together, they do their part.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    I've got a K6-2/350 which has turned in dozens of WU's. It is my mp3 terminal in the bedroom. It would have just sat there 95% of the time doing nothing at all. I look at them as free WU's.
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited March 2004
    I have my bro's K6-2 folding. It doesn't do very well, but I just let it sit there and try to finish a WU. It takes a hell of a long time.
    edited March 2004
    wcmc: Don't feel too bad, I think that's the same WU my Barton 2.5GHz was crunching yesterday. Was set to take ~36-38 total.
  • edited March 2004
    Node four arrived yesterday and is now up and running. First wu should be pumped out shortly. Yesterday evening, I had a little gift fall in my lap too. A friend said he got infected by spyware pretty bad and was wondering if I could remove it as it could barely function now. I suuuuuure can, hehe. Tally up a celly 1.1 for the g@h project too. Goon patrol is going well here.

KingFish
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited March 2004
    I added two P4 2.66ghz desktops to the team on Friday, and two P4 2.4ghz desktops this morning. They will not overclock b/c they are HP. :(

Flags are as follows: -local -forcesse -advmethods -verbosity 9
    edited March 2004
    It all works.
    edited March 2004
    Just ordered a brand new box for a client - a 3.2ghz northwood :) by monday next, she'll be running 24/7

Watch out, mudd :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    t1rhino wrote:
    I added two P4 2.66ghz desktops to the team on Friday, and two P4 2.4ghz desktops this morning. They will not overclock b/c they are HP. :(

Flags are as follows: -local -forcesse -advmethods -verbosity 9

The only one I do not grok is the -local flag, I use exactly the others that you are using on my P4 box. But my P4 is always online....

John D.
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited March 2004
    As of 8pm (my time), I have added a 2nd dedicated Folding machine.
    Xp-2600
    A7V8X Deluxe
    512 MB of Corsair memory
    it's happily chewing through it's first WU with all flags flying
    edited March 2004
    Kingfish: I Think you mistyped your name in one of your new rigs: there's a "KinFish" folding for us now :D
    edited March 2004
    He knows.;)
  • edited March 2004
    Just ordered a brand new box for a client - a 3.2ghz northwood :) by monday next, she'll be running 24/7

Watch out, mudd :)

Must be nice to be able to stealth installs on your client's rigs, huh?;);D
    edited March 2004
    You'll find out how nice it is soon enough :rarr:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2004
    Well, ever since the loss (and I mean loss!!!!) of my XP 2000+ system, which was running 24/7, I've not been happy about my production rate. So...

I called in some favours, digged deep into my spare parts box and generally scavenged for enough bits to support a modern CPU. So I've now built my first dedicated folding computer.

Its soul purpose is to fold, its main goal is to find a cure, its only reason for being... to fold for ever more!

One Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton) added to my folding effort running 24/7! Just a FYI!

:fold: :woowoo:
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2004
    I just added another two P4 1.8 Ghz boxes at my office, should up my points by another couple hundred a week. :)

I'm trying to stave off The Baron, Princess Sophie, and mcwc.

:fold::fold::fold:

Dexter...
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited March 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    One Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton) added to my folding effort running 24/7! Just a FYI! :fold: :woowoo:

uh oh!!! :eek3:

and also dexter, you stand no chance :D
    seriously though, bring it we'll see who comes out on top. eh? eh? competition!!!! :nudge:
    edited March 2004
    :thumbsup: guys!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    a2jfreak wrote:
    :thumbsup: guys!
    What he said! :cheers:
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    uh oh!!! :eek3:

and also dexter, you stand no chance :D

JIHAD ON YOU!!

:smokin:

Dexter...
  • edited March 2004
    New node en route from newegg. Total will be 5 for the farm when it's operational. Will put me close to witenoiz's production also. We need it because the 'goons are gaining.

KingFish
    edited March 2004
    Those jerks! ;D
    edited March 2004
    Just added a 3.2ghz P4 to the farm today :D:D