Team 93 Blitz

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    it worked... :eek2:
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    BDR seems to shift folding teams.........

Are you going back to BitBender, or somewhere else?

NS
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I just added a G4 to my list of systems folding. By the end of he week, I should also be adding an AMD 550, for whatever good it'll do.
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    Night, you're real piece of work.

Makes me regret standing up for you at BBT when you got firewalled out.

I won't make that mistake again.
    edited September 2003
    Ignore nightshade, he's just.... like that.... :)

BDR, _I_ for one appreciate whoever you fold for.. I wasn't implying that you should switch teams, I was just lamenting the loss of all that folding power :D

It's the cause, not the competition, that matters.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    It's the cause, not the competition, that matters.

But it's the competition that gets the passions engaged! :eek:;):D
    edited September 2003
    Er....... that wasn't meant in an offencive manner at all.....

I simply stated that you have switched between a few different teams before and seem to even out your folding between them.....

And then I politely asked if you were going to go back to folding for Team BBT.....

Oh well, i'll just go away I suppose.

NS
  • edited September 2003
    primesuspect said
    I gave a KR7-A to TheSMJ in a pseudo-SMx type of thing: I told him I'd give him the mobo as long as it folded :) He said it's working great and will be folding soon. Thanks SMJ!
    :ninja:

Hey man, you ever had to tell me to get it folding! I'm all for pushing myself into perm. yellow (and boosting the rest of the team).

It'll be running my old Duron 900, which isn't much, but it's better than nothing for the time being. Once I get a new job I'll look into getting it an upgrade.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    primesuspect said
    Keep in mind that we're probably going to lose some folders to team 33693
    :eek2: Have some confidence! :p
  • edited September 2003
    Wait a sec... the new Icrontic made their own team? WTF?
    edited September 2003
    Yes, Icrontic has their own team, I'm happy for them. Hopefully it will create new folders out of people who aren't currently running the project. They have a lot of visitors to their site.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    Count me in the fold with 8.866 GHz of folding power. :)
    Watch out! They aren't all Intel's (some of them CAN actually fold) :)

//Note: This doesn't include the new MSI K7D Master that's coming in the mail along with 2x2500 Barton's :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    //edit: This had been a rant about Icrontic forming a team. I totally forgot that I had been such a whiny turd until stumbling across it. I apologize. :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited September 2003
    Hmmmm an icrontic folding team re-emerges. Well if truth be told it would have to be the bastard love child of our team really wouldn't it. :)

And as stated before its cause that ultimately counts & a bit of friendly competion along the way is a good thing.

Regards

Jim
    edited September 2003
    Simmer down there, GH. They forwarded members to us for 3 months, which was plenty long enough for anyone interested in continuing with our team to find us. :) I'm just very pleased that they did that for us.

Nice use of the rant smiley though ;D
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    I just have this to say to the new Team Icrontic:

:kneel:

;D;D;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    SimGuy said
    This doesn't include the new MSI K7D Master that's coming in the mail along with 2x2500 Barton's :D

I've got one of those coming as well :D

Now to get some Bartons (I have 2 x 1600+'s to kick me off) :D
    edited September 2003
    On a more constructive note, my XP 2100+ OC'd to 2700+ speed will go in the secondary rig tonight to replace the stock 2500+, and the 2500+ goes in the primary rig OC'd to 3200+ speed. I just hope the electrical system in the house holds up...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    We're a tech site that happens to have a folding team, not the other way around. Anyone who joins the cause, regardless of team, is doing a good deed. Are we losing sight of that fact? Yes, points make it fun and interesting, but ultimately this isn't a competition. I wish people would stop thinking like it is.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    But I'm concerned that they may steal our members

Relax! It's not like Team S-M hasn't gained members previously folding for other teams.

It all comes out in the wash.
    edited September 2003
    GHoosdum said
    But I'm concerned that they may steal our members... those who may be more loyal to the name "Icrontic" than to "Team 93"
    Oh c'mon, no one is going to be "stealing" members... I'm sure they frown on that as much as we do. People make their own decision which team to fold for. If someone switches teams it's kinda disappointing, but if they are still folding... *shrug* Besides, who'd want to leave this awesome team we have??? :cool:

The point of this thread is to discuss our grand BLITZKRIEG to get more people folding!! Icrontic will be doing the same by expanding the cause to their membership. Let's focus on getting more people folding!! :thumbsup:
    edited September 2003
    General Keebler said
    GHoosdum said
    Let's focus on getting more people folding!! :thumbsup:

I think TD's first sentence was about exactly that, that that is the only thing some people seem to be interested in......

NS
    edited September 2003
    Look for me pumping out some points in the next few days. Not enough to stave off a2j from beating me... but I look at that as a bonus. In fact, I'd like to see more on my threat list.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I'm adding the Barton at 3200+ speed and adding 400MHz of processor speed to my secondary rig. Soon I might be adding another XP1700+ also.

:fold: on, people!
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    GHoosdum: You are a worthy competitor, but none shall be deprived from feeling the wrath of a2jfreak. Muahahahahahaha. :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Icrontic seems to be like a gaming site to me with all the game reviews.
    edited September 2003
    a2jfreak said
    GHoosdum: You are a worthy competitor, but none shall be deprived from feeling the wrath of a2jfreak. Muahahahahahaha. :D

More power to you, a2j! You've got my respect.

And with the points I've posted in the last two days, I wouldn't exactly call myself "worthy" :banghead:
    edited September 2003
    We broke 24K in one day, w00t!!

Keep teh BLITZ going!! :rockon:
    edited September 2003
    It's working! w00t!
  • MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Just added 3 P4 1.8's, 1 P4 2.66, and 1 P4 2.8. These are work machines so 8 to 10 hours most of the time.

Soon I hope to get transfered to our helpdesk, then the real blitz will come. All new machines I touch will most likely get it on for 93.
    edited September 2003
    nice! THanks Mancabus!

By the way, check out DanG's phenomenally simple, yet amazingly effective idea:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3494

There's gotta be a hundred ways to make this work for the blitz.