DIMES project - Team Short-Media?

12346»

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    For the most part... we've fallen off the DIMES bandwagon. No real reason as to why we stopped. Just not interesting anymore... That shouldn't stop you though. :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I haven't.. All my computers still run DIMES. Join up! :D
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited February 2007
    I haven't.. All my computers still run DIMES. Join up! :D

All of mine still working on the Dimes project - and a friend has 2 - and his daughter 1. Our team is holding it's own thanks to dragonV8 anchoring our team that was started by primesuspect!! I think our stats resource is in trouble - my old friend Bok is paying about $130 per month to keep all those numbers and charts up there. Looks like it is time for me to contact him and donate a few bucks so he can keep it going. :cool: Jack
    edited February 2007
    I sit corrected (I would say stand corrected but I AM sitting right now.)

:thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I sit corrected (I would say stand corrected but I AM sitting right now.)

:thumbsup:

:buck:
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    Does the DIMES official page still keep tally on volunteer/team statistics? I haven't seen any APs contributed by me yet. I just started today so maybe it hasn't updated itself yet.
    edited February 2007
    Yes, it is not updated every 3 hours, maybe twice a day. Here are the 2 links I use to keep track. Still haven't sent Bok a PayPal donation yet - but I will. Jack

http://www.netdimes.org/data.php?team=357
    http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dimes&team=Team+Short-Media
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2007
    IC-6 and one of my folding rigs got switched over to Linux. One of these days I'll figure out how to install Dimes on them.:buck:

Lately I've been having problems with my internet connection dropping out, so it's temporarily shut down on my 2 remaining Windows boxes.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2007
    Dang im like 6th heh. I havent installed it on any computers as of late, not sure if any are still running Dimes anymore.
    edited February 2007
    49th in team position according to Free-DC and climbing. I kinna feel sorry for whose who are stagnant, but at least we're still doing our part. ;)
    edited February 2007
    Hmm, I only got about 300 measurements on each of my machines today. Is DIMES just being slow in updating today?
    edited March 2007
    3/1/07 5:44 AM dimes.scheduler.Scheduler handleResponse
    WARNING: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document : White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. Nested exception: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.

Was getting this all day yesterday and still this morning. Does this mean the DIMES servers are down?
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    IAstudent wrote:
    3/1/07 5:44 AM dimes.scheduler.Scheduler handleResponse
    WARNING: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document : White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. Nested exception: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.

Was getting this all day yesterday and still this morning. Does this mean the DIMES servers are down?

I personally have not checked on Dimes in ages, however check their forums for any updates on server issues, etc.

HTH
    Jon
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2007
    Yep, Dimes servers are down.
    Don't worry you'll get used to it.:)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Is this still going? checked the forums over there and see tons of Spam posts... :(
    edited July 2007
    Don't know.... :scratch:
    edited July 2007
    Is this still going? checked the forums over there and see tons of Spam posts... :(

Yes -
    dimes is still going - Dragonv8 and me are the only ones current - Donut left a few days ago and IAstudent seems to have dropped. The Team Short-Media is still ranked in the top 10. Jack
    edited November 2007
    witenoiz wrote:
    Yes -
    dimes is still going - Dragonv8 and me are the only ones current - Donut left a few days ago and IAstudent seems to have dropped. The Team Short-Media is still ranked in the top 10. Jack

Seems a lot has changed since I joined this project at the end of May in 2005. As I understand things, you have to use an older version of Java, the Dimes Team originators go on vacation or off to other places a lot, they don't answer PM's or email, the site is down 73.5% of the time, you can't actually change your password even through you go through the right hoops, and let me see :confused: This has become a lost cause to me and as of this date, Dimes is all over for me. I have a "friend" that I haven't heard from in 6 months ( he owes me some money ) so he will probably still have this running on his box under my account - but I am done with DIMES. :sad2:

A special note to Primesuspect! Thanks for starting a team for us - it was interesting and I was able to generate some support for team 93 Short Media aka Icrontic.com - and it was a good run. Good luck to Jon - DragonV8 - It's all yours matey.

I would pass all this information to the administrators of netdimes.org, but, alas as usual the site is down. :banghead: Down again. :banghead::banghead: For me - this time the count reached 10 - OUT!!! :thumbsdow Jack
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited November 2007
    witenoiz wrote:
    Seems a lot has changed since I joined this project at the end of May in 2005. As I understand things, you have to use an older version of Java, the Dimes Team originators go on vacation or off to other places a lot, they don't answer PM's or email, the site is down 73.5% of the time, you can't actually change your password even through you go through the right hoops, and let me see :confused: This has become a lost cause to me and as of this date, Dimes is all over for me. I have a "friend" that I haven't heard from in 6 months ( he owes me some money ) so he will probably still have this running on his box under my account - but I am done with DIMES. :sad2:

A special note to Primesuspect! Thanks for starting a team for us - it was interesting and I was able to generate some support for team 93 Short Media aka Icrontic.com - and it was a good run. Good luck to Jon - DragonV8 - It's all yours matey.

I would pass all this information to the administrators of netdimes.org, but, alas as usual the site is down. :banghead: Down again. :banghead::banghead: For me - this time the count reached 10 - OUT!!! :thumbsdow Jack

That is kind of how I felt about dimes since I first heard of it. Folding was the ONLY thing to do.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I uninstalled DIMES from my PC a while back, due to this very problem. The project seems to have died out "from the top", so it is pointless. Kind of like folding without Stanford.... What's the point? :-/

I think I still have it running on one or two PCs, but that's it. Who knows if anyone is even still getting the results?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited November 2007
    Donut wrote:
    Yep, Dimes servers are down.
    Don't worry you'll get used to it.:)

It's up, it's down. Don't update Java...

The last time I posted in here I had loaded Dimes onto an old P3 laptop, ran fine for about an hour, then couldn't communicate with the server for 3 days.

Enough was enough, I pulled the plug.