DIMES project - Team Short-Media?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    We've 36 members now! Looking good.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    This is starting to remind me of the "Let's start a folding@home team!" thread on Icrontic years back... ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Well, it seems the answer to a good, working DIMES client is a boot time defragmentation. Go figure. :rolleyes:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2005
    It ran on desktop for awhile, I rebooted as well and now it wont run. When I open it I dont see anything but a file called jusched.exe runs. It doesnt take any CPU time and uses less than 2mb of RAM. I dont get it.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited June 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    It ran on desktop for awhile, I rebooted as well and now it wont run. When I open it I dont see anything but a file called jusched.exe runs. It doesnt take any CPU time and uses less than 2mb of RAM. I dont get it.
    I still have 3 blades that I can't get it to restart - all are Win 2K - runs on everything else. As long as F @ H runs I can live with it. Jack
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited June 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    I can't explain why it won't run but jusched.exe is Java Update Scheduler.It's Sun's Java update utility and can be disabled in msconfig under the Startup tab.
    edited June 2005
    Hmm well I disabled that from starting, rebooted and it still wont work.
  • MediaMedia Wisconsin (CA transplant)
    edited June 2005
    At this point your best 'tech support' will come from posting a thread with the details of your Dimes problem at the Dimes forum, where there are some very good Dimes 'old timers' who are very helpful.

http://www.netdimes.org/phpBB2/
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Added two new machines today :)
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited June 2005
    I've just checked and we're now in 6th position. Free-DC, who are first seem to be edging away from us :eek:
    edited June 2005
    Added a new agent today :)
  • MrNiceGuyMrNiceGuy Denmark
    edited June 2005
    I semi-read what it's about, but it's installed and running under this team now anyway.

Edit: depending on the strain on my system though, I'll pull it off if it's too much.. not that whatever my machine is doing with this program is probably helping much anyway.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I wouldn't sweat the "strain". One of the reasons we decided to open a second team project was that DIMES has a very, very low draw on system resources. We did not want to interfere with our Folding@Home project.
    edited June 2005
    Well I had to switch cable companies (Time Warner to Insight, still RR tho) and so far I havent like turned in anything at the new apartment. Hopefully they having blocked me or anything.

Its still getting nodes or w/e those dots are. It looks fine. But its been running for awhile today and not much has been done at all.

We will see. Hopefully it will be fine.

Edit: It looks like over the night some work was returned. All looks good.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited June 2005
    I think we need to recruit more members so we can mount a bigger challenge to the teams in front. What do you guys think?

Just a thought...:)
    edited June 2005
    of course!
    edited June 2005
    Man, if I can get home sometime, I can add 2 more computers to the list. Should add a nice boost considering 3 computers gets me 15k average or so a day.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    :celebrate

im in the top 10 :headbange
    edited June 2005
    Added wifey's laptop today :D

Congrats, fatcat :)
    edited July 2005
    Added another computer today. Its my sister's computer that I just built. It will go with her to college so I am not sure how much it will be on at the dorms or if the school admins will get mad at dimes. But it should be running for awhile. And when I drop it off at home, I will add at least 2 more machines.
    edited July 2005
    Add another PC today. My parents machine at home. When I leave I will add the second machine. I am using the cat5 cable for it now for my lappy so when I leave it gets the internet. 2 more machines will be added this weekend for me.
  • edited October 2005
    Giving it a try.

Don't know what it's doing or how its doing, but it sure looks cute :P
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited July 2006
    Added my two computers a few days ago and added my folks computer today.

Already up to 14K measurments.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Cool!
    :vimp:
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited July 2006
    Signed up :D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Nice! Welcome to the team.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited August 2006
    Dragon V8 - Jon your really tearing us up here - :thumbsup: Jack
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited August 2006
    :wow2:

(for those that don't know, the stats server is down again)
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    You guys still have a DIMES team going? Thinking of downloading it and putting it up along with F@H when I get home. What do I have to do to get on the team?
  • IAstudentIAstudent Iowa City, IA USA
    edited February 2007
    I got DIMES running with my F@H machine for now, so hopefully I'll give some contributions to my team.

One thing though. My graph appears to start in the upper left with some of it off-screen, but I can't get it to show up. Any ideas?