The Lets get to 200,000 points per day Goal!

12346»

Comments

• sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Hee; just recently got a PS3, it's folding nicely - had the SMP client break on me the other day amid multiple resarts, but after uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling it's up and working happily again. (had to reboot because somehow I got one of the services stuck in pending deletion, it wouldn't let me do anything to it until I rebooted, then it went away)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    More points are forthcoming from Leo as well. If all goes as planned, I will have another home computer upgrade to Q6600 and at approx. 4000PPD before this coming weekend is over. :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    This team ROCKS!!!! Thanks everyone for putting such a great effort to meet Sledgehammer's goal. :thumbsup:

We're almost there!!! :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    If Leo gets a system at 4000PPD that only makes us needing a little over 2000 more PPD :)
  • sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    You guys are making me want to get a quad core system :) Ah well, can't afford it quite yet, but maybe soon...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2007
    Except our PPD went way down the next day....

Quad = 4k PPD easy at about 3.1GHz
    edited November 2007
    its a glitch :) lol...

Hey MMonnin if you get a PS3 we can game it up with CoD4 :)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2007
    It's asking a lot of a group that is gaining more machine power with fewer team members- which means our points-per-person is on keel with some of the larger overclocking teams. Remember we just gained 40+% over a six month period when we reached 1,000,000 points per week only a few weeks ago? This means we're going another 40% or 1,400,000 points per week in far less time.

On a team competition basis, we've got two teams on our overtake list and about six have fallen off our threat radar- though two are very likely to pass us in the next two months. However, the possibility that this little engine can stay in the top twenty has much improved.

However, bottom line for me- what all this math means is that we could be closing the gap on some killers that much faster. So all I can say is- bring it. Catch me and pass me if you can.

And well done everyone :thumbsup:
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    :bucket:WE ARE BEST TEAM EVAR!
    edited November 2007
    I will be adding a PS3 to the mix when it is delivered. :)

Yay for black friday online deals and not having to get up at the a$$ crack of dawn!
    edited November 2007
    Goal Update:

As you can see our points are growing daily. We have had some good days and bad days but overall our points are going up and that’s what we want to see for this goal to be realized :)

If you own a dual Core or Quad Core CPU you should be running the SMP client. If you are not feel free to post below and learn how. We want to make sure that the CPU time you are donating is being used the best way possible. If you own a PS3 make sure to flip on F@H and have that system pitch in and help. Prime & I both have had our PS3's folding for a long time now and can say they really do post a nice chunk of points.

So once again thanks for your support & GO TEAM 93!!!!!!!!!
    edited November 2007
    Three quads online and stable now, Folding for Leonardo and Team 93 at overclocks between 800 and 1000MHz each. As a previous poster stated, please, if you are running a dual or quad core CPU, please run SMP. If it's Windows XMP, install and run Affinity Changer. Awesome stuff.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I am still running just three dual core, no quads, all running windows SMP.
    This was going to be the first month that I broke 60k, but I broke 70k.

Maybe I will try to tweak my setups a bit. This is fun.
    edited November 2007
    PS3 arrived today. Should turn in 3 WUs a day I believe with WUs between 7-8 hours each.

Does it have to stay on the FAH screen all the time? The only way I can see it is you have to stop FAH to do anything else and then remember to start it again.
    edited November 2007
    yeah it has to be on the F@H screen... I have been trying to find ways around it :) so far the only way is install linux :)
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    what, no announcement?

Team 93 hit 215K on 11-27-2007.

:)
    edited November 2007
    Team 93 hit 215K on 11-27-2007.

:)

???. I know we came close the 29th (195,264), but not the 27th. It looks like we had some snowballed points (points that for whatever reason were not able to post on time, then do so all at once) on the 27th, but not enough to carry us- (184,592)- . ???

Got a snapshot?
    edited November 2007
    Sorry, my bad- he's right.

Add up 8:00GMT the 27th to 5:00GMT the 28th and you have it!

215248!!!
    edited November 2007
    Renn and Stimpy are with me right now. We are singing "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy."

Really, this is a significant milestone for us.

:celebrate
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Holy smokes! Amazing effort! Congrats, everyone :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    :wow: WOW :wow:

!!! WAY TO FOLD EVERYONE!!!

Keep it going and we'll start fighting our way back into the top 10!!! :thumbsup:
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Well, we could call the 1st one a fluke as it looked like a spill over from the prevous day, but we just hit our second day over 200,000 PPD and it looks legit this time. :D

Our average PPD is a bit shy still, but it's getting there! Congrats all! You know we've turned it up when 3000+ PPD is barely keeping me in the top 20 producers!
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited December 2007
    mas0n wrote:
    Well, we could call the 1st one a fluke as it looked like a spill over from the prevous day, but we just hit our second day over 200,000 PPD and it looks legit this time. :D

Our average PPD is a bit shy still, but it's getting there! Congrats all! You know we've turned it up when 3000+ PPD is barely keeping me in the top 20 producers!

mas0n, with your setups you also should be outputing near 5000PPD (4000 with the Quad and 1000 for the X2) so you can get into the TOP10 producers. ;)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    mas0n, with your setups you also should be outputing near 5000PPD (4000 with the Quad and 1000 for the X2) so you can get into the TOP10 producers. ;)

Yeah I will be top 10 soon. Right now the Opteron 165 has been converted to a server and is @ stock speeds until I work out some issues I'm having with it. SO it is limited to ~650 PPD for now. Plus I had some problems setting up VMWare on Vista 64, but haven't had time to look into it yet so the Q6600 is producing ~2800 PPD via a single Windows SMP client, plus I've still got a few P4 rigs folding away (although maybe not for too much longer, heat/energy:PPD ratio is not so great with these)
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    mas0n wrote:
    a few P4 rigs folding away (although maybe not for too much longer, heat/energy:PPD ratio is not so great with these)

I know , mine turns my place into a sauna when on 24/7.:tongue: