Travian - Browser Based Game

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    If anyone can help out with wood. Maybe a hundred or two?
    I sent 200, but it's a 3 hr, 20 min journey :-/ My closest village to you doesn't have a marketplace yet. I'll build one so the help will be more timely next time.
    edited February 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    I'm in the same "gief woodz plx" boat :tongue:
    Need to tell me how many ;) It will take a little bit because you're in a different quadrant of the map.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Matt. :)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Thanks keeb, but don't worry about it- by the time it arrives I'll be asleep, and the time I play after that I'll have 12 hours of resources, actually more since I'm going out tomorrow :tongue: Thanks anyway :)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Heros must be hella powerful... I was attacked by one maceman, one axeman and a hero and he killed all 15 of my pikemen and took over 2500 of my resources.... I don't get it...
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    *shakes in lowbie boots*
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Heros must be hella powerful... I was attacked by one maceman, one axeman and a hero and he killed all 15 of my pikemen and took over 2500 of my resources.... I don't get it...

Yes Heroes are strong.. They gain levels by attacking and also attacking Oasis.

a Level 4 Hero took on about 50-80 soldiers and won lol..

A level 1 can take on about 33 or so soldiers (but dies) so yes, they are a good asset to have :P

Oh, and you can revive them!
    edited February 2008
    So I don't understand how I lost resources because I have crannies that hold over 2300 resources, but I didn't even have that many... I thought crannies are supposed to hide so many resources and make them unavailable for pillage...
    edited February 2008
    Any spare resources from one of my richer neighbors would be greatly appreciated... I just can't keep troops in my village... I've been attacked three times and each time all of my military has been destroyed... takes a few hours to get them back...
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    Build more crannies. Build a city wall. Once you have enough crannies, you can let your resources build up so you can afford troops. The wall help your troops defenses. Crannies are expensive, but I'd rather soak my resources into a cranny and lose X in resources than lose X in resources time and time again due to raids.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited February 2008
    Edit: nvm..didn't realize that I had to add .uk
    I'm a noob
    edited February 2008
    But my crannies already hold more resources than I have, so I don't understand how I'm losing any resources at all...
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the goods Q!

I'm such a mooch, anyone have any extra clay? Looking to have a good start out on this first day.
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    But my crannies already hold more resources than I have, so I don't understand how I'm losing any resources at all...

Teutons have a raiding bonus and the cranny hides only 2/3 of its resources against them.
    edited February 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    Thanks for the goods Q!

I'm such a mooch, anyone have any extra clay? Looking to have a good start out on this first day.
    Just tell me an amount :)

//edit: Heck with it, I sent you 1,000 clay - ETA 10:48pm ET :ninja:

//edit: I'm not sure I'm sending this stuff right. I do it, and it shows it, but then when I come back to the marketplace it says I still have all my merchants and I don't see anything "in progress" :scratch: I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Matt. Not sure, afaik I haven't received your goods. I'll check again.

That's a negative, not came in.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    Key in the amounts you want to send at http://speed.travian.co.uk/build.php?id=33 then type in the name of the village (perhaps case-sensitive) and press "OK"

Works for me.
    Keebler wrote:
    //edit: I'm not sure I'm sending this stuff right. I do it, and it shows it, but then when I come back to the marketplace it says I still have all my merchants and I don't see anything "in progress" :scratch: I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I do that, then it lists it, and then it's gone as soon as I do anything :(
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Is it an issue of Tbonz not having a marketplace?
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    Can someone spare 400-500 of each resource? I'd ask for more but I prolly wouldn't be able to use it all before I go to bed... Maybe tomorrow. I'm building resource production now so I can start to build some defense and troops to start raiding.
    edited February 2008
    Is there a way to know how many troops a person has before sending out an army against them?
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Is there a way to know how many troops a person has before sending out an army against them?

Yes mate,

You send out a 'scout'. With the scout you can either see what resources and troops they have or what defences (i.e. wall) and troops they have.

A scout his a horse rider so you need to build a stable. Check out the 'Manual' and the scouts tend to be the first horse riding ones :)

It will tell you what you need to build them..

BTW, Just for info.. When you send a scout out, do NOT send it as a reinforcement. Also the scouts will not be known to the person you are scouting UNLESS they have scouts as well! :)
    edited February 2008

Shouldn't be, Q sent me some goods already.
    edited February 2008
    No, I got resources from others without having one.

I've sent a message to support, sorry guys :-/
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I just got attacked by Fourstar again... 1400 Impirians

Here is my letter to him...
    Dear Guest,

Thank you for attending the 3rd annual Leap Year Party. I'd like to personally thank Fourstar for attending and bringing his troop of jugglers. They were VERY funny to watch. They even came in costume... Silly Roman costumes, no less. However, they DID seem a bit disappointed. I wonder why...

Again, thank you for attending... Have a safe journey home.

-Lord Q
    ;D

I was able to spend all my resources and send my troops to my neighbor to reinforce his village... Take that!!! HE GOT NOTHING!!!
    edited February 2008
    I have 2,500 troops between my villages to your south and west if you ever get it into your head to destroy his face. :ninja: Just make sure you have plenty of wheat because my merchants are taking a vacation, apparently. :rolleyes:

//edit: Speaking of raids, my oasis is getting pwned in 10 minutes :( I don't have nearly enough troops to fend off this guy, either.
    edited February 2008
    Hopefully that will get sorted out for you Matt.

Oh yeah, could I get an invite to IC? Don't want the neighbors to think I'm just some punk who can be fleeced easily.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    I have 2,500 troops between my villages to your south and west if you ever get it into your head to destroy his face. :ninja: Just make sure you have plenty of wheat because my merchants are taking a vacation, apparently. :rolleyes:

//edit: Speaking of raids, my oasis is getting pwned in 10 minutes :( I don't have nearly enough troops to fend off this guy, either.
    We'll see if he messes with me. I think it would be funny to "host all 2500" in my village and then have him "stummble" into a trap and wipe out the entire force!!! I think that would be REALLY funny.:D
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    Bleh... I hate being raided in my sleep. Oh well, I only lost ~1200 total resources. Hey Keeb, have you figured out how to send resources yet? If you can spare it, I need:

1k wheat
    2k clay and iron
    2.4k wood

EDIT: Everything +1k. LOL
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Key in the amounts you want to send at http://speed.travian.co.uk/build.php?id=33 then type in the name of the village (perhaps case-sensitive) and press "OK"

Works for me.

I have to press OK twice, once to review the order, then a second time to actually send it.