The Digital Camera example thread

Comments

• NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited March 2004
    ...I only checked out the first page but those shots are very sharp! My dad just bought an Olympus C5060 5.1MP camera w/ Wide Zoom. We haven't used it much but he took a few practice pictures at a medium res. and it looked amazing! Much much better than our old Olympus digi camera.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited March 2004
    Anyone have a Kodak CX7300? It's a new budget model and I can't find any sample pics anywhere. Futureshop is having a promotion, $179.99 Cdn will get you a 3.2MP ccd. I'd like to get one to take to the Lan. So if noone has anything bad to say about it, I'll pick one up on thursday.

BTW, Beautiful pic of the beach csimon.
  • edited March 2004
    The hands down winner IMO is www.dpreview.com . They test digital cameras like no other site. Check there for any questions about how good a model is. Hopefully they have the model reviewed you want to know about.

KingFish
    edited March 2004
    I checked that site out yesterday. No joy.
  • JakethJaketh Ohio Member
    edited March 2004
    I take my amateur shots with an Olympus Camedia C-700. No additional photoshopping etc. The version I have is 2.1 megapixels (bought in 2001) and the newer versions have ramped that number up significantly. The pictures are hosted at http://jaketh.deviantart.com/
    edited March 2004
    I didn't pick up the Kodak but I did get a deal on a HP Photosmart 320 ($97.50 Cdn at Radio shack). I love it! The thing doesn't take great pictures - colours are oversaturated - but it does what it does well enough. This is a picture of a church undergoing renovation, notice the 2 different brick colours. This pic was sized down in PS from 1632 x 1232 to 800 x 604 and Saved for the Web at %90 quality. Also picked up a Lexar 256 MB SD card and a 4 pak of NiMHs + recharger, so I'm all set for the Lan. hehehe

Strangest thing, we had a cattle call today and our client director forgot his digital cam, so I went and got mine to take model snaps. I'd never even used the thing before but it was so easy, pure plug and play. XP detected it off the usb and transferred the photos almost automatically. :cool2:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    ...Strangest thing, we had a cattle call today and our client director forgot his digital cam, so I went and got mine to take model snaps...
    So naturally you post a picture of a brick building...

Where are the MODELS fer crying out loud... :rant:

J/K - Looks like a nice pic for an easy-on-the-wallet camera. ;)
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited March 2004
    Went out and took a few shots last night
    resized
  • edited March 2004
    Those are all great pics. I'm really surprised at the sharpness of the $100 or so camera. I think that range of camera is good enough to finally splurge on the wife for her birthday. Ishii, love the pics of the city. Keep 'em coming. Dogsoldier, you can email privately the nude models if you don't mind.

KingFish
    edited March 2004
    King, what if your wife reads the e-mail before you do?!?? The price was so low because 1. It was a display model, and 2. they were having a 25% off sale on certain items. I just lucked out I think. This is actually an older model camera, the date on powerup said 2002 and the manual says 2001. If I had any patience at all, I would have gotten the Kodak. But hey, it's good enough for government work!
    edited March 2004
    Well here is another one for ya
    Taken with our old kodak3mp cam
    Very hazy but still a nice shot I think
    edited March 2004
    And this is how U kill mosquitoes and give yourself cancer all at the same time.
    edited March 2004
    ishii, you take some excellent shots. I guess it helps to live in such a foreign place, but still.... Been meaning to ask, your alias, does it have any meaning?
  • edited March 2004
    Both are excellent shots. The night shots of the city, is that Seoul or Busan? I find the asian cultures quite intriguing. I find them fascinating even though you are used to those surroundings every day. Keep 'em coming.
    Dog, wife doesn't have access. Plus, she's barely computer literate. It's like oil and water for her. She views computers as her competition. I don't understand it.

KingFish
    edited March 2004
    Thanks guys.
    Dogsolider: the name ishiii was a typo that I been using for three years or more. I was told it was a family name, japenesse. And in ummm Kill Bill, Lucy Lu has that name, which is fine by me.

King: All the pics are of Busan, we only went to seoul once and that was the same weekend we sold the old kodak cam and got a new olympus. So no Seoul pics and I have to say that weekend was enough for me. Too many people,it is like triple Busan.
    edited March 2004
    They call it a junk for a reason.
    edited March 2004
    And a few more taken with the old kodak
    A good overview of the city, HAZY
    A dragon, not centered, the view finder was crap on the old cam
    And a shot from an ocean temple, where the dragon was
  • edited March 2004
    Awesome, totally awesome. About the junk. Have you ever heard of a place called Hackberry, Louisiana? They have some junks there even lousier than that. Asian engineering > Cajun engineering. The pics are absolutely outstanding.

/me now prepares to duck flying objects coming from muddocktor's side
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    Here are some shots with an OLYMPUS E-20n 5.0MP. This camera is freakin awesome---I steal it from my girlfriend every chance I get.....the best thing is that she got the extra high powered 8400mAh lithium polymer battery so you can shoot forever. These could go in the babe thread, but technically it is an exaple of digital photography, so... :rockon:
  • edited March 2004
    Keep 'em coming. I'm even more intrigued with blonde and cleavage culture than asian culture.

KingFish
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    o...m...g

/me faints
    edited March 2004
    woah.. what a thing to see with your morning coffee.. lol
    edited March 2004
    The damn railing's in the way...

That's my kind of brick house!
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    Check it out, this camera actually takes pictures of other things too! Here's a lanscape of someone's backyard in florida if anybody is interested......I am still trying to dig up some better nightlife shots as well. :cheers:
    edited March 2004
    ryko wrote:
    ...someone's backyard in florida if anybody is interested...
    Did you use a long exposure time to get the effect in the waterfall? Looks nice. :smiles:
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    No special tricks that day---it was raining a little though. Some details on my settings...
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    Here it is..........swimsuit contest at Chromium! :D
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    Very nice eh-um cam there ryko. Where were those shots taken?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    the pics were taken in chicago at a couple bars/clubs. the first few were taken at white star lounge and blu, with the last one at chromium.
  • KingFishKingFish
    makes plan to visit Chicago and go partying with ryko
    edited March 2004
    makes plan to visit Chicago and go partying with ryko