The Digital Camera example thread

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2005
    Canon Powershot A400. A fairly cheap beginner's camera I think. No really advanced options for focus and shutter length, just a handful of presets.

3.2 MP, 2x optical zoom

This picture was taken in Orlando. The original size is 2048x1536. The quality of the shot really impressed me. This picture was my desktop background for a while. None of that fancy color correction stuff, a raw shot shown here at half it's original size.

Same deal for this second picture, taken at Epcot as you can see.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited April 2005
    Ok, the Kodak DX7630 on the 32MB internal memory can store the following number of pictures:
    1.7MP Standard - 46
    1.7MP Fine - 36
    3.1MP Standard - 26
    3.1MP Fine - 20
    4.0MP Standard - 21
    4.0MP Fine - 16
    5.4MP Standard - 16
    5.4MP Fine - 12
    6.1MP Standard - 14
    6.1MP Fine - 11

To get the number of photos on a 1GB memory card, times that number by 32.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2005
    This picture was taken from the other side, at night with the night time setting. I couldn't manage to hold the camera still enough with the increased shutter time.
    edited April 2005
    Here is a outside pic (1.7MP Standard Compression), Image quality reduced in order to fit here (file size was 640KB, now 395KB - used setting #8 in Photoshop)

Top photo is the Kodak DX7630
    Lower photo is the Hewlett Packard HP850 4.1MP camera taken two years ago (1MP setting). The HP850 has a noticeable curvature due to the lens they used. Kodak using Schneider - KREUZNACH variogon 39mm-117mm (equivalent) 3x zoom lens doesn't have it nearly as bad.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Greatone, that sunset picture is badass. That's the favorite (and only) thing I take pictures of. :)

I prefer it at the beach, however.
    edited April 2005
    Same settings, photo taken on a cloudless day (file size reduced from 785KB to 486KB)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    wifey breaks every rule when it comes to photography ...I'm just partial to the photographer and the photgraphee!!!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Nice shot, csimon. That boy's getting to be pretty big. :)
    edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Nice shot, csimon. That boy's getting to be pretty big. :)
    thanks prof I appreciate that.
    Yes he's one handsome little fellah for sure ...good thing he looks like his mom!! :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Leo needs to throw in some mountains. This shot taken during rain in the valley and facing mountains.
    edited November 2005
    Early August, mid-morning, cloud creeping up Eagle River towards the glacier.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Canon EOS-10D, my boss' camera. Taken with an 80-200mm lens at ISO1600, auto aperture. Various focal lengths between 90mm and 178mm, all 1/180 shutter speed. Hockey is a tough sport to take pictures of.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2005
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    It sure is hard to take high speed pics at ISO1600. The noise is a real problem :(

I wish I could pull it off, but I must be missing something, cause all the low light or high speed pics I take that are sharp are proportionately noisy.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    anybody have a panasonic lumix fz-30? thats what im wanting to get. well, actually im wanting to get a good prosumer camera with a big zoo, and manual focus and a small point an shoot, like a a80 or something.

what would you recomend for a point and shot, around 4mp that takes good picture in pretty much all light. and doesnt have any problems with exposure and such? id like an slr. but they are so expensive and not to mention the cost of lenses.
    edited November 2005
    It sure is hard to take high speed pics at ISO1600.
    That's why I like mountains, they don't move when you're composing your shot. These seaguls weren't too difficult. They were pacing the boat looking for fish scraps.

ISO 200
    F6.3
    1/1000th
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    haha. Just loekd through this thread. Your kids are cute as hell prime, cracks me up. Maybe I'll post some shots from my Sony DSC-P200 soon.
  • edited November 2005
    This one was taken by my with
    5.0 MP digital camera
    640 X 800
    single shot
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Erm, Swipester, you didn't actually attach a picture to the post, heh.
    edited November 2005
    It sure is hard to take high speed pics at ISO1600. The noise is a real problem :(

I wish I could pull it off, but I must be missing something, cause all the low light or high speed pics I take that are sharp are proportionately noisy.

You need the high speed otherwise the white of the ice washes everything out. It's a tradeoff between no washout and extra noise.
    edited November 2005
    I'm talking about in general though. I've never shot a hockey game, so I can't say... but I'll take that advice to heart when Mackanz gets his big nordic ass over here so I can take him to that wings game I've been promising him.
    edited November 2005
    I'm talking about in general though. I've never shot a hockey game, so I can't say... but I'll take that advice to heart when Mackanz gets his big nordic ass over here so I can take him to that wings game I've been promising him.
    I wish I could be there when a good fight breaks out just to see the expression on that big nordic ass!!! :thumbsup:

Well ...you'll have the camera brian! ;D
  • edited November 2005
    this picture was taken at the park the image was too hgih in resolution so i had to resize it to make it a lot smaller actually.. the Dpi is out of this world..
    5.0 MP 3x optical zoom how did that guy out the specs up hmm print screen
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Ill be shooting at a hockey game Tom night with my Fuji S5100 WE will see how it comes out
    edited November 2005
    Here are Some from the Hockey game in Tampa tonight Fuji S5100
    edited November 2005
    nice seats! ;)

Great shots, guys.
    edited November 2005
    Gnome, those turned out pretty goodl.
    edited November 2005
    Nice seats, Gnome. But where are the action shots?
    edited November 2005
    coming tom at work now
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    nice seats! ;) ...
    The three major food groups:

1) Beer
    2) Tape for when you fall down after one (or fifteen) too many
    3) The Finger, for when your friends give you a hard time about falling down

Looks like a fairly complete evening. :)