Travian outpost

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    14 hours :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Next village at -74|279 and I'll take the oasis at -75|279 (wood).
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Since we're calling, next up is: -74|264
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I'll take the oasis at -75|279 (wood).
    Um, I was planning on taking that with Tunnel Rat :scratch: It's why I got a mostly-wood village next to a wood oasis.
    edited March 2008
    Here's the precise oases I was planning to take by the weekend:

-75|279 (wood) Tunnel Rat
    -70|282 (wood) Tunnel Rat

-73|282 (clay) Breaker

-70|283 (wheat/iron) Lady Jaye
    -69|279 (wheat) Lady Jaye

-69|280 (iron) Gung Ho
    -70|284 (iron) Gung Ho

-70|283 (wheat/iron) Flint
    -67|285 (wheat/iron) Flint
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited March 2008
    I definitely want the clay oasis at -78, 284
    And I'd like to take the 50% wheat oasis right next to it, and the wood oasis at -74, 287 unless someone already claimed them.
    We're sort of failing on the spread out part of the outpost imo
    edited March 2008
    I definitely want the clay oasis at -78, 284
    And I'd like to take the 50% wheat oasis right next to it, and the wood oasis at -74, 287 unless someone already claimed them.
    The likelihood of you taking a third oasis is very slim. Check the upgrade costs for getting to a level 20 Hero's Mansion ;)

I don't care if people spread out, just so they don't expect to claim oases if they don't. :o I have level 10+ Hero's Mansions in every village now, so they'll start grabbing them as soon as I have troops.
    edited March 2008
    Note: all my outpost villages just finished upgrading the last non-wheat resource field to level 10 :D Self-sufficient villages ftw.
    edited March 2008

Yes, there is more than enough space at the outpost that we don't have to neccesarily plot down down right beside one another.

TF3 has Muffins two squares to the north and I'm hoping he doesn't have his sights on the oasis to his south. Maybe though, he sent his settlers en route before mine was established, not sure.
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    The likelihood of you taking a third oasis is very slim. Check the upgrade costs for getting to a level 20 Hero's Mansion ;)

Holy crap, isn't that the truth. I took two at TF1 on Saturday and planned on three until I saw the cost. :eek:
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited March 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    TF3 has Muffins two squares to the north and I'm hoping he doesn't have his sights on the oasis to his south. Maybe though, he sent his settlers en route before mine was established, not sure.

centre on my village, and you'll see a wheat/iron oasis that noone else can reach, (-72,273)
    that's mine :)

and (-69,273) if noone gets there fast enough :P
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Um, I was planning on taking that with Tunnel Rat :scratch: It's why I got a mostly-wood village next to a wood oasis.
    I searched the thread looking for that oasis listed and didn't see it listed. Crap-o-la... Can I have that one oasis? Or the clay one, it doesn't matter. I was only picking one oasis per village out there so everyone could have one. I DID leave you that double wheat one :D
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I searched the thread looking for that oasis listed and didn't see it listed.
    I said "look at what resource the village has the most of - that's the oasis type it's taking." Asking would've been a better idea. :-/
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Crap-o-la... Can I have that one oasis? Or the clay one, it doesn't matter. I was only picking one oasis per village out there so everyone could have one.
    Yeah... ok. Now I have wasted resources upgrading my Hero's Mansion too far. :-/ Definitely not the clay one. I said "1-2 oases per village, spread out". The only reason I'm not taking two with Breaker is it doesn't have others in reach that aren't being taken by another village.
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I DID leave you that double wheat one :D
    Gemini needs to take the double wheat... that will tremendously increase your potential army size. I thought that would be your first move.

My strategy here hinged on taking 3 villages, one each with 5 fields of wood (Tunnel Rat), iron (Gung Ho), and clay (Breaker), and then taking 1-2 oases of the same resource from each. That will maximize my resource production for the 15-cropper so as not to repeat my disaster at the powerbase where the 15-cropper was under-fueled.
    edited March 2008
    On another note, I'm probably going to found more villages around by Flint this week, fyi. Several Residences will hit level 10 tonight/tomorrow.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    -74 | 280 is claimed by DeathJester. He's coming from the SE to join us.
    edited March 2008
    Thanks keebs... I guess I should have communicated better regarding the oasis long before today. You can take both the forest and the clay. I will take the double Wheat, right? That will make some serious wheat production... guessing over 24k per hour. :wow2:
    edited March 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Thanks keebs... I guess I should have communicated better regarding the oasis long before today. You can take both the forest and the clay. I will take the double Wheat, right? That will make some serious wheat production... guessing over 24k per hour. :wow2:
    I was thinking about it and I don't think it will matter - one wood oasis will balance well. :) You take the double wheat with Gemini and the wood next to your newest village. I'll stick to a single clay and single wood.

Founding new village at -67|283 in 45 minutes. Settlers building in 2 more villages this morning too :) Oasis claiming starts around 3pm when Beachhead's troops will start rolling into them.
    edited March 2008
    Two new villages: Downtown & Countdown. :cheers2:
    edited March 2008
    Be aware: Zero2+ member has taken a 15-cropper south of us at -65|257. This is that player's fourth village.

He could potentially strike TF2 (TBonZ) and Potsy from that position faster than I could reinforce with infantry from my villages.

Keep this in mind when balancing oasis-seeking with proximity to Q and I.

In brighter news, a Panther member took a 9-cropper to our (slightly farther) southeast.
    edited March 2008
    FFS!

I'm sending all I have to TF4, TF3 and Pots3. Jeezus.
    edited March 2008
    Keebs, do you still have those troops to loan out that I sent back? Q pulled his from Pots2 and now I'm sending all I have to the outpost. I'm building nothing but military now but, at this moment, I'll be defenseless. TF1 got scouted at midnight last night by a heavyweight. He didn't come back but if he comes back tonight, I'll be easy pickings. That's TF1, not Pots2.
    edited March 2008
    Send all you want to Gemini. She can hold all of our armies and still produce a ton. Tbonz, I can send troops anywhere you need them. I have over 4200 at Cetus eating up my wheat.
    edited March 2008
    Thanks Q, if you can spare half for Pots2 and the other half to TF1, that's be great. This will allow me to send a steady stream of troops to the outpost.
    edited March 2008
    I'll send you 1/3 each. I'll keep the other third for home. ;)
    edited March 2008
    Sorry, was in a rush. I meant, of the troops that you had stationed with me already.
    edited March 2008
    I don't think the Zero player would even be ready to hit us for the next week. It takes a while to build up a 15-cropper, especially when you only have 3 other villages.

Let me know if you still need troops.
    edited March 2008
    A re-evaluation of our position:
    Keebler wrote:
    9-croppers:
    -71|261 - bad - south of us (very close to Zero2+ player)
    -84|282 - good
    -77|313 - CJ
    -78|297 - good - great oasis
    -84|265 - mediocre - a little too close to Zero, but great oases

15-croppers:
    -69|253 - bad - too far south
    -74|264 - mediocre - a little too close to Zero
    -71|267 - TBonZ
    -72|281 - Keebler
    -74|281 - Q
    -68|283 - Keebler
    -85|280 - AA

If you already have a couple villages pre-outpost, consider one of the "good" 9-croppers. Otherwise, you might just want to settle between Q and I to build up.

Once I am fielding a formidable army, I'll probably look at the -84|265 (by the Zero player) if the other 9-croppers are gone by then, heh.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited March 2008
    It will be another week or so, but I have interest in the 9-cropper at -78, 297. I've been looking for one closer to my outpost village, but no wonder I couldn't find one..they are so far away.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Can't see the whole picture of what we're doing as far as planting new villages.
    I see everyones claimed all their sites, but whats left in the area?
    My settlers are ready to go.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    How far is this site from the main group?
    -84|282
    Is it a good spot?
    Does anyone else have claim on it?