Travian outpost

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Hawk wrote:
    How far is this site from the main group?
    -84|282
    Is it a good spot?
    Does anyone else have claim on it?
    It is a good spot as noted in my above post, but are you sure you're prepared to take a 9-cropper as your second village?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    It is a good spot as noted in my above post, but are you sure you're prepared to take a 9-cropper as your second village?

What he said. Establish a 6 cropper there first and then take the 9c. You will need to have the resources.
    edited March 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    Establish a 6 cropper there first and then take the 9c. You will need to have the resources.
    Indeed. Whoever takes the remaining croppers in the outpost will necessarily have a responsibility to get them up and running with excessive troops post-haste.

Speaking of which, Lady Jaye is at 500+ Imperians (lvl6 offense) and growing (Barracks is currently upgrading to lvl 20 w/ 100 Imperians pending).
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Falconers Village Settlement of a new village (-81|285)
    Troops 3 Settlers
    Arrival in 23:33:57 hrs.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Anybody want a neighbor in the outpost? I will have the settlers and culture to make my second village. I think I just want a standard village, or maybe a wood iron or clay village. Not too concerned about getting an oasis either. I'll look for one of those with my third Village.

I was thinking nestled between Flint and Countdown Matt? That Iron spot.
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I was thinking nestled between Flint and Countdown Matt? That Iron spot.
    Sure, settle at -68|284 and take the iron oasis at -68|287. I'll be happy to trade for iron if you end up with too much.

I'm gonna settle at the iron spot on the other side of Downtown at -67|282, fyi (prob Sat). That will finish off the rest of the oases around Flint except for a wood one.

//edit: And you know what? That will be the safest village in our alliance! ;D Flint is going to be my capital and produce defensive troops by the thousands. Honestly you won't have to produce a single troop unless you want to, heh.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I just sent a settler to somewhere around -66|280 so I'll be hanging out with you guys soon. I'll be up for building up whatever will help out the most, as I have no real goals to accomplish so far.
    edited March 2008
    Good spot!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    //edit: And you know what? That will be the safest village in our alliance! ;D

heh, all part of the plan :bigggrin:
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited March 2008
    i won't be building a second village in the outpost until my 9th or 10th by the current outlook of things, since i'm deciding to be selfish and focus on the development of the area around my 2 lovely croppers.

and in my outpost village, fields are 5/6, so it's fairly independent for now.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    New village in the outpost area is up and building.
    #1 village- Falconers Village (-178 / 70)
    #2 village- Talon 1 (-81/285) [Outpost area]
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited March 2008
    Vorbis @ -62/277 9 cropper up and running
    Angua @ -57/275 up and running

Duchess is taking -57/273 @ 04:15 GMT
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Slight correction, my new village is located at -60|285. Looks like TT came down to keep me company :D
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2008
    Once the Crossroads (my outpost village) has most of its resource fields at 10, and most of the military infrastructure is up, I'm planning on making it my capital. Having resource fields above level 10 and oases to help will leave it in a much better position than my current capital (too far away to defend, just had ALL troops killed and all resources stolen).

What do you all think? My village at the power base could be an option, but with only 3 iron mines it doesn't produce much, AND of course Godsend is showing no signs of stopping. At this point I'm viewing Medlock as a potential hub for my forces at best.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited March 2008
    remember that the fields currently over 10 will be destroyed when you switch capitals.
    the outpost is a good place to have a capital, but another thing you may want to consider is a cropper as the capital, since you can hold a ton of soldiers at one with about 200,000 wheat production
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    yep, I'm in the outpost :)

TT Outpost
    -60, 284

didn't mean to go right next to you, took 30 hours to get them there, no way to know... meh
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited March 2008
    Resource fields going to 10 is why I will not move my capital until I have at least two villages in the outpost sending wood/clay/iron to a 15-cropper and have at least two (2), if not three (3) 50% wheat oases feeding my troops.
    remember that the fields currently over 10 will be destroyed when you switch capitals.
    the outpost is a good place to have a capital, but another thing you may want to consider is a cropper as the capital, since you can hold a ton of soldiers at one with about 200,000 wheat production
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Make the powerbase your capital right now so you can't lose it. In order to overcome GS, we need to maintain the launch points for those attacks. If he clears us all out of there, it will be probably be too hard to try and take him down.

I made that mistake when I lost my village and in retrospect will change capitals if a similar situation call for it. I only had 30 secs of warning so it was technically impossible for me to do that. Next time, I switch capitals before the takeover can ever take place...I feel stupid because I didn't do it originally. It's a 6 hour merchant ride from TF1, TF2, to the outpost. So don't make the mistake I did.
    edited March 2008
    All my wood/iron/clay are level 12 except for two irons (level 11, but I have a 25% oasis to make up for it) and one clay, which is level 13. I'm not going to change capitals and lose all the resource production, plus, I actually want to abandon the powerbase and when I get my outpost location built up, I will probably get someone big to destroy the village for me. I'll still attack godsend IF Matt wants to, but I'm not going to screw up my resource production to do so. I can always ship resource to Cantrellia Major from both Cantrellia Prime and Cantrellia Minor a few days in advance of the attack to start producing troops so that the attack can be swift and without much warning.
    TBonZ wrote:
    Make the powerbase your capital right now so you can't lose it. In order to overcome GS, we need to maintain the launch points for those attacks. If he clears us all out of there, it will be probably be too hard to try and take him down.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Aries is doing rather nicely. Hydra is done building inside the village. Only resources. She's funneling resources to Aries. Aries can handle over 13k troops. She's almost maxed out... need to keep pumping up the wheat fields.
    edited April 2008
    Lady Jaye says good morning :D Remaining open spots are for Tourney Square, Treasure Chamber, and probably a Town Hall. All fields level ten, 3K Imperians (lvl17) and another thousand in the queue.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25119&stc=1&d=1207062911
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    *dies*
    edited April 2008
    Anyone else know of croppers at the outpost?

If you already have a cropper, please consider founding additional villages next to it for both resource production and general security.
    Keebler wrote:
    9-croppers:
    -71|261 - bad - too far south / close to Zero2+ player
    -84|282 - BH
    -77|313 - CJ
    -78|297 - AlphaTrinity
    -84|265 - open

15-croppers:
    -69|253 - bad - too far south / close to Zero2+ player
    -74|264 - Potsy
    -71|267 - TBonZ
    -72|281 - Keebler
    -74|281 - Q
    -68|283 - Keebler
    -85|280 - AA
    -97|289 - a2j
    edited April 2008
    -97|289 is a 9-cropper.
    The 15-croppers near it I want, so I ask people not to take them, but if someone does then oh well.
    Keebler wrote:
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited April 2008
    So we're supposed to make our capital in the outpost, and preferably a village that is a 9 or 15 cropper right?
    And we've also discovered that the 4 village rule is bupkis right?

If that's the case then I have a question; the capital building (palace?) can produce new settlers at levels 10, 15, and 20 right?
    edited April 2008
    yep... 4 village rule is NOT for speed servers AND settlers at 10, 15, and 20.
    edited April 2008
    Lady Jaye has 4K+ Imperians with 200% speed and lvl 20 blacksmith. :rarr: Tomorrow is siege weapon day, I think. Time to work on Workshop, Rally & Academy a bit more.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:

If you already have a cropper, please consider founding additional villages next to it for both resource production and general security.

Probably some dupes but that's what I have found.

15 cropper -63|275
    15 cropper -73|291
    15 cropper -78|290
    15 cropper -80|273
    15 cropper -74|264
    09 cropper -70|290
    09 cropper -71|261
    09 cropper -84|282: Me
    edited April 2008
    I just sent settlers to sit next to Cetus. Cetus is close to maxing out on training and really needs a cash cow. With Fourstar, Draggs, and Dory keeping me company, I think it's fairly safe for now.
    edited April 2008
    Updated with Blackhawk's info:
    Keebler wrote:
    9-croppers:
    -70|290 - right up in TSN's businesss!
    -71|261 - bad - too far south / close to Zero2+ player
    -77|313 - CJ
    -78|297 - AlphaTrinity
    -84|265 - open - 50% wheat oasis
    -84|282 - BH
    -97|289 - a2j

15-croppers:
    -63|275 - open? - near Saracen (Makaroon III)
    -68|283 - Keebler
    -69|253 - bad - too far south / close to Zero2+ player
    -74|264 - Potsy
    -71|267 - TBonZ
    -72|281 - Keebler
    -74|281 - Q
    -78|290 - open? - near Harudath
    -80|273 - open? - near TBonZ (TF4)
    -85|280 - AA