Left 4 Dead

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    We did almost get it down to a perfection. I wouldn't mind doing it again.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2008
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited November 2008
    I should have no problem being there tonight should you need someone.\

Edit: Also, I wonder how long until someone mods it to allow large numbers of players....just think if we could get 10 or so people with a horde size to match :D

When the really game comes out you can play 4v4. Zombies vs. Humans
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    We did almost get it down to a perfection. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

I'm down at some point. I never got a chance with the whole disconnect debacle that plagued us.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited November 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I beat it on expert last night with Tiberius, Preacher, and Black Hawk. Very win team. Nothing can stop us!

We seriously worked like a Special Ops Squad. It was awesome.

The key to winning is EXACTLY what fatcat said in his Gaming Article. Lots of talk (you need a mic in this game). You must know where teammates are and let them do their job. You have to have at least one guy watching your back at all times. There are loads of zombie hordes that come from behind.

If your team can master those elements, you can beat expert.

Another tip though: Don't let the Boomer throw up!!! It causes a swarm of Infected to attack from all sides. Every time!

Boomers ain't shit but hoes and tricks. If the guy who gets barfed on just high tail's it and finds a nice doorway to defend the rest of the group can easily pick the horde apart because they don't attack the rest of the group.

It gets more tricky when more than one person gets tagged though.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Boomers ain't shit but hoes and tricks. If the guy who gets barfed on just high tail's it and finds a nice doorway to defend the rest of the group can easily pick the horde apart because they don't attack the rest of the group.

It gets more tricky when more than one person gets tagged though.
    I actually did not know that. Thanks for the tip. But when it happens in the ticket booth part of the 2nd area, there really isnt a place to defend.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Circuit City has this game for $39.99 this week. You can use their ad to pricematch at many other stores if they are more convienent.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I have the demo on this PC secretly...so yay?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Man this game is awesome. Need the full release so bad.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Had fun shooting teammates tonight. Hay guyz, I'm a helper! BLAM!

I eventually left because not having my voice chat work was driving me nuts. Not being able to communicate in a survival game = no survival.
    edited November 2008
    I thought fatcat, k, eggroll, and i were doing excellent. Then came the sewer part.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Last chance tonight boyz before the end of the demo period.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Like _k_ stated, last night for free. Get on or gtfo, I'm sick of only playing on public servers. Get you freak'n asses in.
    edited November 2008
    Just had a sweet run through on expert no one died, we killed the tank with pretty much ease. Oh it just felt so right.
    edited November 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    Just had a sweet run through on expert no one died, we killed the tank with pretty much ease. Oh it just felt so right.
    Yeah. That was my best run yet.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I just downloaded the demo yesterday,
    I love it, cant stop playing it.

Will be getting this :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Yeah. That was my best run yet.
    What strategies did you guys use? Run like hell?
    edited November 2008
    Actually no. It is a little more important to move quickly than you realize. Single file seemed to work best and really going after the zombie bosses because they have low HP they don't like confrontation. Machine gun for the win. Exploit for reload do a melee to reload faster. When you start to get swarmed you use that a lot. Get the tank in a tight spot, on a train or in a hallway and have one person on each side so one runs away he turns and goes for the other one, repeat while unloading on him and you do not have to take damage if you can get around the stuff he throws. Gas cans are a god send if you set them up in walls, no one gets through.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    _k_ wrote:

yea that was an epic run

thanks _k_, Weezer and Nights :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Last night we played a couple rounds on Advanced and beat it, then tried Expert. The closest our team managed was the warehouse/generator room with the turret. A Tank came out through the hole in the floor and abused everyone pretty badly.

Also, no more TKs, Joe! :p
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Joe with shotgun = dead teammates. ;)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Tbh, before I can get the assault rifle I just prefer pistols. 4 quick, well placed shots beat all else :D
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Wow,
    the demo was so awesome,
    So was the game....
    But a huge disapointment, the game took me just over 2 hours to beat on normal.... that is very short... :shakehead
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Just got done playing some. Its 4 in the morning and I would be perfectly fine with playing for another 2 hours. Valve has done it again.
  • ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
    edited November 2008
    What are we playing this on xbox 360 or PC?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    PC
  • ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
    edited November 2008
    wooot i have it for pc
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Thrall wrote:
    What are we playing this on xbox 360 or PC?

ex bawks
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Well finally got it to run consistently tonight. Drop my res, turn off AA and such, lower settings, kill Vsynch and it seems to be ok. Ran through to the hospital alone and seemed to be good. Love the game though, tons of fun. Time to take on the Zombies with some humans!

Unfortunately, Fallout3 still won't run no matter what I do. My computer is dying *sniff*
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Wow,
    the demo was so awesome,
    So was the game....
    But a huge disapointment, the game took me just over 2 hours to beat on normal.... that is very short... :shakehead

ah, do the campaign with IC'ers on a hard mode. Takes alot longer than 2hrs