Modern Warfare 2 servers down for PS3 players. Xbox 360 fanboys explode with joy

Comments

• edited November 2009
    The Servers are back up.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    LMAO. XBOX ROOLZ. - wink - grin -. MIRITE.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    fanboys.png
  • edited November 2009
    WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO FIX
  • edited November 2009
    This is stupid; Fanboyism left & right. First off, at least PSN is free I would be mad if this were to happen to me and get stuck paying for my XBL service. So no love lost for IW cause I get to play online for free.
    XBL fanboys need to either go back to playing ODST or customizing their crappy avatars... Oh wait, not much customization there is there?
    PS3 owners suckers?
    I think not, we're not the ones forking money over for a service that should be free... RROD, that is all.
  • edited November 2009
    So the xbox owners "were seen to descend in hordes upon Playstation forums, gaming news sites, social sites, and even town squares, cheering wildly, chanting..." Heh... Beats playing on an Xbox I guess :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I love my PS3 and love the fact online is free... but you must admit that $8 a month I pay for my Xbox 360 is worth it when I really make use of the content they have to offer.

The sad thing about the one fanboy up above calling out Warhawk etc... Is there even 30 people playing the game still at any given time? I say this as an owner of that fun game that got old real quick :)

From a Developer standpoint... The PS3 is 25% slower than the Xbox - But makes up for the slowness by having tons of disc storage so the files do not have to be super compressed.

Also Uncharted 2 is finally a game that shows what today's gen console can really push out. If the studio developed it for the Xbox out the door the results would have been the same.
  • edited November 2009
    This is gotta be the longest wait for a downed server!
  • bp
    edited November 2009
    I DONT CARE what 360 fan girls say PS3 will always be better than 360 for the simple fact we dont pay for internet connection jokes on u fools, we also get blue ray and dont have 2 buy batteries every week for our wireless remote controls... and so what if u have to BUY EXTRA stuff such as cooling fans and etc u seem to forget ps3 isnt just for gameing we got a free blue ray internet browser and much more.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, I think all the console fanboys are missing the point, the mighty PC pwns you all!
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    This is gotta be the longest wait for a downed server!

d00d, This was.
  • edited November 2009
    IS WATER WET?
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, I think all the console fanboys are missing the point, the mighty PC pwns you all!

We have a winner!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    I would rather have servers temporarily out for one game online, than:

1. Getting my console banned (because i modded or they made a mistake and banned me)
    2. Paying $50 a year to play online, that's an EXTRA $300 added to the cost of my console if i have it for 6 years.
    3. Having a 55% chance of my console breaking due to multiple hardware failures including; RROD, E74 and other E errors, disc scratching, disc tray not popping out, AV video output malfunctioning, and 3rd party accessories not working or even breaking my system, and then waiting weeks or even months to get it fixed and returned.
    4. Only exclusives i get to play are First person shooters or third person shooters.
    5. Five halo games.
    6. Forecast: Gears of War 3, Left for Dead 3, Fable 3, Halo 6, and Natal Presents Party Games for Xbox 360 are your biggest exclusives next year.
    7. PAY the ultimate premium price for EVERY extra equipment or service that M$ has to offer that comes standard on other systems.

and many more annoying things but these are the biggest and most annoying, just as annoying as all the 12 year old little boys on xbox live that f**ked my momma.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I wish I had a console so I did not have to really aim at stuff in FPS and over the shoulder games, just get close and its good enough w00t!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Oh rick.. you had me until:
    just as annoying as all the 12 year old little boys on xbox live that f**ked my momma.

Any intelligent arguments you made were completely undone by that <a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insipid">insipid</a&gt; statement.
  • edited November 2009
    sledge u make a very good point bro,but uhhh the ps3 is really not 25%! slower than microcraps x-box and seriously the way our economy is today no one wants to waste they're money on xbox just to play online! no one wants to do it but they are to stupid to realize its a huge waste which is one reason why i switched to the ps3. look every one can bitch and moan about how much better a specific console is but they both have there up's and downs, and in my opinion ps3 is better. Also there is a reason why i said "MY Opinion!"
  • edited November 2009
    so yeah i have a ps3 - i really dont give a crap about fanboyism - its stupid and pointless - ps3 vs xbox 360 is beyond stupid.

the only thing im pissed off about is infinity wards lack of server support for all platforms (EVEN PC)

WHEN YOU HAVE A GAME THAT IS THE MOST ONLINE PLAYED FIRST PERSON SHOOTER IN HISTORY (i quote 2009 Guinness World Records) AND YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE "BIGGEST" PRE-ORDER IN HISTORY FOR THAT GAME...........WHY NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR FRICKEN SERVERS! INCREASE BANDWIDTH - DONT PISS OFF PEOPLE WHO PAY $80 FOR THE HARDENED EDITION AND THE NEXT DAY... THEY CANT PLAY ONLINE!!!!!!

screw you stupid fanboys - this is not a playstation problem - its an INFINITY WARD SERVER PROBLEM... they make enough money jacking up the prices on the new games that they can afford to UPDATE THEIR DAM SERVERS BEFORE GAME RELEASE!!!
    edited November 2009
    Better solution: Play better games than MW2.
    edited November 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Better solution: Play better games than MW2.

fffuuu.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    I'd rather have a down server than a red ring
  • edited November 2009
    @ Brian Ambrozy

Well not necessarily, because whenever i go on xbox live at my friend's house, every 5 mintues there seems to a new 12 year old boy claiming that he f**ked my momma last night.

a LOT of 12 year olds f**ked my mom, and i found out about this all thanks to xbox live.

that you microsoft, i would have never known.
    edited November 2009
    PS3 PWNS wrote:
    I'd rather have a down server than a red ring

To throw fuel on this fire, but keeping it real at the same time. You know my household is on its 7th Xbox360? Six RROD in a couple year. Average 360 life expectancy is about six months. Its the biggest piece of junk in consumer electronics history, and thats not me trollin, I really mean that.
  • DareDare SD
    edited November 2009
    Grimnoc wrote:
    Wow, this is fantastic! I spend so much time on the Icrontic boards that I tend to forget about the rest of the internet "message" boards. :)

No kidding. O.o
    The iq level present is clearly... impressive. Just.. on what scale, I'll refrain from commenting on. XD
    edited November 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    in b4 Cliff 6RROD
  • edited November 2009
    Unlucky 360 fanboys (seriously grow up)

But the MP is back up and running now on the PS3.
    edited November 2009
    Chirs wrote:
    sledge u make a very good point bro,but uhhh the ps3 is really not 25%! slower than microcraps x-box.

When the people I work with who build games on the platform tell me otherwise, I tend to believe them. It wasn't until I asked why and got shown the reason why that I fully understood. By no means is my comment to discredit the system at all. The PS3 is an amazing piece of hardware, but has its technical flaws, just as any other hardware has...
    rick wrote:
    @ Brian Ambrozy

Well not necessarily, because whenever i go on xbox live at my friend's house, every 5 mintues there seems to a new 12 year old boy claiming that he f**ked my momma last night.

a LOT of 12 year olds f**ked my mom, and i found out about this all thanks to xbox live.

that you microsoft, i would have never known.

I am laughing so hard at this....
  • edited November 2009
    hey im on the PS3 and i got modern warfare 2 a day early went online and never got band. Now i play all day an night for 2 days come on today and UPDATE i think ok cool so i download it then NO MORE ONLINE PLAY .... i think it was the update. P.S PLAYSTATION 3 is better then the rest and yes i do have a ps3, x-box 360, wii and pc
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    In other news, aimbots already in the wild with no server admins to ban.
  • edited November 2009
    Xbox rapists,