Modern Warfare 2 servers down for PS3 players. Xbox 360 fanboys explode with joy

Comments

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I think my IQ has decreased by 25 points just by reading this thread..... :zombie:
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I'm amused by the fact non of the guests read our posts, or at least seem to understand them.

"Huurrrrrrr Troll?"
  • edited November 2009
    Ha PS3 f***ing scucks LMAO
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Posting in legendary thread ;D
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Canti wrote:
    I feel as if this were the equivalent of giving a busload of mentally challenged 5 year olds a huge bucket of shit and asking them to finger paint over the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with it. Then rewarding them with a cookie when they're done but not reminding them to wash their hands.

Just stopping by to say I <3 this.

Also, lololololooloololololololol consoles for anything besides platformers and extreme sports games.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Canti wrote:
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCanti%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->I feel as if this were the equivalent of giving a busload of mentally challenged 5 year olds a huge bucket of shit and asking them to finger paint over the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with it. Then rewarding them with a cookie when they're done but not reminding them to wash their hands.
    ;D
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited November 2009
    tony wrote:
    why am waitin for it il just watch a blue ray why dont u xbox fans do that when ur servers go down oh yeah thats why uve only got dusty hd films lol

I had to read this multiple times before I knew what was going on, and then I laughed...a lot (hint: it has nothing to do with the actual content).
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    If threads could earn Achievements, this one would have earned like 34 already.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Hey xbots ad PSTriple fanbois, stop all this bickering, and let us focus on the one true thing that you both have in common! Lack of DirectX 11 compatibility!

how's that treating you? You know, the lack of the revolution in graphics computing for gaming? It's changing the way we look at games, and none of you have it, only the PC!

Celebrate your inferiority, together!
  • edited November 2009
    Sony Computer Entertainment chairman Kazuo Hirai told Official Playstation Magazine that he couldn’t think of a word to describe the Xbox 360 as a competitor. “You need a word that describes something that lacks longevity,” Hirai said. “Last time I checked, they’ve never had a console that’s been on the market for more than four or five years and we’ve committed to a ten year life cycle, so you do the math.”

^ Word
    I mean what is there to argue?
    PS3 wins hands down.
    Xboxers are like the kids in dodgeball that dont give up or say no you didnt get me until you hit em in the face and make em bleed and cry for mom.

1080p vs 720p lol
    1.3hdmi vs 1.2 hdmi
    digital ouput vs no digital output
    free wifi vs $100 wifi
    free online vs $5 online
    quiet console vs a vacuum cleaner sound
    blu-ray vs dvd 9
    0.2% fail rate vs 100% fail rate upon release, then 33% and now 15.8%

xbox 360 reminds me of playing cell phone games. Fun to pass the time but not actually gaming.

There's a reason Sony has been in the console business longer and will be LONG after Microfucks are out of the picture.

When you get a PS3 it's yours. No one's gonna tell you pay us money to play mp online. Or hey we're taking your online gaming privileges away because we Pwn you. No, that's Microfuck. Frankly because they could give a damn about your gaming experience.

As for more games? Yes Sony has more gaming contracts and games will boom very shortly while xbox games have already all but died out.

Buying a new xbox is hardly possible anymore because they're all in flea markets and used stores. PS3's are still in stores because they're still selling and will continue to.

Microsoft needs to admit they got owned already:respect:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    COOL STORY, FANBOY.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Your above comments are good but this statement is false...
    xbox 360 reminds me of playing cell phone games. Fun to pass the time but not actually gaming

While the Xbox has faults, it has proven to be one of the most competitive platforms in the world. 95% of all gaming tournaments for consoles are hosted on the Xbox & not the PS3. Yes the PS3 has more current advances in tech which give it an edge in being a media center style system... but 80% of games are released in 720p anyways.

The cost to develop games on the PS3 is more & most studios develop the games on Xbox than port over to the PS3. It may be sad fact for all us PS3 guys but it is true.
    As for more games? Yes Sony has more gaming contracts and games will boom very shortly while xbox games have already all but died out.

While this is true currently. The PS3 lacked majorly in launch titles. but the strong fact is 50% of the games coming to the PS3 that are contracted are utter crap.

Also MS unlocked a win vs. the PS3 which can be found in sales... Even with the hardware failure rate Xbox turns a bigger profit than Sony.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I've never had my xbox break on it's own. I had a bolt of lighting take out my first 360's network port, but I sold it and got a updated 360 with hdmi for 200 bucks, and what do you know? It's been chugging along ever since. No cons from the 360 over here. So good day chaps. Oh and, you ps3 fannies have fun with your netflix disk as well.
  • edited November 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    COOL STORY, FANBOY.

Im sure your Xbox has been chugging along since they're all as loud as trains. And PS3 has netflix online douche.

This comment fails 1) not a boy 2) im a fan of things that work if I pay for them

Xbox has faults? what fault does it not have?

only reason xbox sold more is because when it came out there were no competing consoles.

As for games being crap or most being sold in 720p Id rather have a few good games than a bunch that blow monkey nuts

as far as them still selling vs failure rates of course they are because cheap people will front the money and hope theirs doesnt fail. When it does they go again and say well its still CHEAPER than PS3 of course it is. Because it IS cheap. Note the people that have bought 9 or 10 or 50 xboxes before they switch to ps3 and are finally relieved that their system didn't blow up after 2 hours of game-play.

I've had my PS3 a year left it on accidentally for days a couple times and it was hardly warm. Try that with an xbox and your house will start on fire.

PS3's come with warranties covering manufacturer defects, hardware and software defects they cover everything so long as you did not try to alter your console or unreasonable use. They can afford to do so because they have confidence in their consoles.

Also keep in mind that PS3 was released a year after the Xbox360
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    wyznet wrote:
    Im sure your Xbox has been chugging along since they're all as loud as trains. And PS3 has netflix online douche.

http://www.netflix.com/InstantStreamingDisc have fuuuuunnnnnnn!!!! ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D
  • edited November 2009
    Sonorous wrote:
    http://www.netflix.com/InstantStreamingDisc have fuuuuunnnnnnn!!!! ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

PS3 was made for playing games. You xboxers get bored with your systems and are forced to resort to low quality movies. Sad state.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Stop the insanity and build a decent gaming PC already you bunch of n00bs!
  • edited November 2009
    ^ been there done that=Fail
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Your arguments are pointless wyznet. The Xbox has a massive list of quality games.. yes even outside of the Halo series.

You claim the 1080p awesomeness than contradict saying you would rather have solid 720p titles than none at all. I also hate to break it to you but the Xbox360 outputs in 1080p also. But hey being blinded by Sony facts might have your head clouded.

You must remember I own a PS3 in fact I have an original from the first day they hit the streets in the US. But to bad for all the kids who buy the new ones that have been stripped down to nothingness so that Sony can make a profit or at least try to.

The fact that Xbox's break is pointless as MS has already admitted they made a great console with shit hardware & chummed up and replaced every ones kit that has had an issue. Sony's support has been nothing less than utter crap. You most likely don't know this because your PS3 hasn't had issues. but the ones that did get jacked consoles had to pull teeth to get Sony to replace it.

PS3 requires a disc in the BDR drive to play Netflix movies. I have the disc & I have the service. They went that route due to the agreement with MS douche....

As stated the Xbox has provided a solid gaming platform that is competitive in nature. The PS3 has it perks but overall the community around the Xbox is solid. Regardless of the monthly fee to play MP games, the service blows away what PSN offers & has more content to keep its gamers happy. That my friend can't be argued as PSN is utter crap in comparison.
    wyznet wrote:

Than you must suck at building PC's :) The PC offers the best platform for games. Along with it is light years ahead via tech over our precious PS3.

So the PS3 came out a year later? well that gave dev's 1 more year to make launch titles... guess what they still had 1/10th the amount of launch titles. even if you calculate the consoles first 4 months of being on the market.
    edited November 2009
    wyznet wrote:

I haven't owned a console since the Sega Genesis. Butthurt, much?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    wyznet wrote:

??????? What you could not get the thing to turn on? I still fail to see the fail. You get real controls, no aimbot built into your games, you can use game controllers with the system if you want. I can make a computer do everything...including your mom, she just has to get really close so the CD tray can touch her.

Oh to this day I still wish I had owned a Genesis, only had a Nomad.
    edited November 2009
    To this day I wish I had owned a Nomad, only had a Genesis.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    That's why your parents made you a little brother.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    To this day I wish I had owned a Nomad, only had a Genesis.

SNES pwns you n00bZZ!!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    shwaip wrote:
    That's why your parents made you a little brother.

truth
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    SNES pwns you n00bZZ!!

More truth
    edited November 2009
    Canti wrote:
    I love Men!
    MORE TRUTHY!
    edited November 2009
    SNES pwns you n00bZZ!!

shutup cliff u f#ck gensis had bettr gfx and it waz newer n the megadrive had cds which ment btter gfx and space and it ran faster and then gensis had moer arcade ports which r better then dumb fKing mario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

serously super famicom what da fck is that more like super fapicom cuz it jerked all over ur mom!!!! go play wit yoshis eggs u fairy

snes sux sry its fact
  • edited November 2009
    servers are all up. Game on ppl.
    edited November 2009
    Chirs wrote:
    servers are all up. Game on ppl.
    If you didn't notice we don't care.

First on page 4!!