Post your mods!

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    :wow: DeathStar, I'm speechless on your pics man. That is one nice setup, how hot does it get in their in the summer time? I know you got a nice ac unit in that room somewhere.
  • ReignReign New York
    edited June 2003
    Clutch said
    :wow: DeathStar, I'm speechless on your pics man. That is one nice setup, how hot does it get in their in the summer time? I know you got a nice ac unit in that room somewhere.

I think i see the AC right behind the monitor in the window. Great setup man.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    DeathStar said
    Here's a recent pic of my ongoing mods....
    wtfomg?! It's F1!!! wavey.gif

/me thanks the lord there isn't a secret room here :eek:
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited June 2003
    :wow: That is a really clean setup, DeathStar, I mean really clean and I thought my cable job was clean.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    speaking of which, do you have any pics of your old w/c'ing setup DSMF?
  • DeathStarDeathStar DEATHSTAR^MAINFRAME
    edited June 2003
    Blackhawk said
    speaking of which, do you have any pics of your old w/c'ing setup DSMF?

Here's a pic of my old W/C rig; this was two years ago....
    edited June 2003
    A little more detail.....
    edited June 2003
    Danner MagDrive @ 700GPH......
    edited June 2003
    Fan shroud and Raddy assembly; 800CFM Dual-squirrel cage....
    edited June 2003
    Here's the raddy; 4"x6"x16" evaporator core. With the A/C cooling the room, the whole system would keep a T-Bird 1.33@1976 (2.11 Vcore) at about 20C constant temps...
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    muddocktor said
    Real nice, DeathStar!:thumbsup:

Here's my watercooled sx1240 dually, no lights or nothing fancy though.

Nice Job! Makes me drewl :p
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    DeathStar said
    Here's a recent pic of my ongoing mods....

I remember seeing a rig like that at the ForumOC forums a couple years ago
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    Gonna be modding my mouse and keyboard again after i finish exams june 27th,

heres just a few ideas i had for my mouse, pritty much know what i'll be doin with the keyboard

mousedesign.jpgmousedesign2.jpg

i'll just be drillin holes in a pattern and placing leds inside the mouse then maybe fill up the holes with a clear resin or liquid plastic, sanding it then to get a smooth finish

Not sure either whether to use blue or red leds, i'll be gettin loads for the keyboard mod so i huess i could try em both out and see which i like best :)
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Sounds good, but I'd never dare mod my MX700. Just in case I mess it up, and that its fine how it is.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    its a cheep ass mouse serial i've had since before i can remember so its not really gonna be a great loss if i mess it up but on the other hand if it turns out fine then i got a cool looking mouse
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    Well, my case is still in New Hampshire, so I can't take any pictures of it with our sweet new digital camera... I do have some pictures that I took with a 35mm while I was modding it.

Basically, I totally stripped this thing down and repainted it. The inside is engine compartment black and the outside is metallic blue. There are a bunch of other mods as well; fans, temperature probes, etc. All the drives got painted and the LEDs were swapped out for blue ones, but I don't have any good pictures of them at the moment.

These pictures are of the fan mods that I did...

fans_sidepanel.jpg

fans_modside.jpg

fans_insidepanel.jpg

No pictures of the R404A chiller with me at the moment, either. It's partially disassembled pending repair... And still in New Hampshire. At one point in time I had removed the fan from the blowhole over the CPU and had the insulated hose for the waterblock running out of it. Afterall... You don't exactly fit an R404A chiller in the case. It was, if I do say so myself, probably the slickest chiller setup I've ever seen... Short of putting the whole thing in a cabinet, like DeathStar's awesome watercooling rig.

Nice pictures and rig there DeathStar, thanks for sharing.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Holy smokes, how loud is that thing? And how much cfm you got flowing in that case.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    Well, I built a fan bus that controls all of the audible fans in the case because the noise started to get to me. LOL... So, it can be quiet... It can be loud, too. Very loud. Total CFM is between 600 and 800; I really can't say. I know it has gone up since I first built it because some of the 120's and 80's got replaced with higher powered models. I accidentally connected some wires wrong while I was rewiring the case and fried several of my fans. :D

That top blowhole pushes somewhere around 138 to 150 CFM all on its own. I forgot the specs of that particular fan - But I don't like it. Even when it's dialed down, it is still pretty loud for a 120MM.

Hey DeathStar, that thing IS folding for team 93, right?! ;) lol
  • edited June 2003
    man DeathStar, how much money that rig put u back?, its real nice
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    here is wugsbaby
    edited August 2003
    my sisters....its clouds....
    edited August 2003
    my folding setup
    edited August 2003
    i modded my hair a bit too
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    i modded my hair a bit too
    You are hardcore, man. Your hair matches your sig! :mullet:

Prof
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    AOpen HX-08, side doors and front vent by keto :D Automotive body shop paint job. DangerDen complete set up, including dual Black Ice Extreme rads on the upper level. Maple leaf fan grills, 4 X 120mm LED fans and 3.5" rheobus courtesy http://adpmods.com

**EDIT** flipped image. Time I took a duster to that sucker LOL
    edited August 2003
    Here's with the doors open, giving you a better idea of the cooling and general set up. The doors close with velcro tabs, was intended to be a temorary solution but has worked out fine.

Note that the hard drive cage is suspended from above. I got to final assembly before realizing that, in normal horizontal configuration, the HDs extended over top of the ATX (PS) connector. There was no joy in Mudville that night, just lots of cursing and pulling of (what's left of my) hair. I ended up hanging the HD cage from the case frame via 3 cable ties. They anchor it there quite fine, thank you kindly, they were a biotch to run but everything is quite stable. Never did get around to finishing up the cable stealthing but it's 98% and hardware keeps coming and going, I won't bother unless I have a show to enter it in or some such.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Must be the nicest Aopen case i have ever seen. Those cases are dang ugly in an original configuration. Nice mod!

Where is the pump and how do you fill/bleed? The hard way?
    edited August 2003
    Eheim 1250 pump is on the upper shelf, furthest corner as you look at the pics - ie, behind the rad.

See the white container with the red top? Up on top of the case. That's actually a Lowry's Spice container that has been reworked into a reservoir. In the original configuration, I designed the system (in part) around the clear acrylic DD res. However, it cracked beyond repair and leaked after 45-60ish days, (no permanent damage) so I built my own to replace it.

Do your best to ignore the dust, ugh.
    edited August 2003
    :respect::respect::respect: much respect to u keto...and i thought i was an aiight modder....with ppl like u around i have sumthing to strive fore...

oh btw...auto body paint can go fine on plastics...it wont melt them or do nething bad to it
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited August 2003
    must ... not ... spend ... money .....