Post your mods!

Comments

• ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited March 2004
    Very nice rigs guys.
    kaluminati, an old OCCC name. wooohooooo nice to see ya
  • KaluMinatiKaluMinati Calgary Alberta Canada
    edited March 2004
    hey hey buddy!!!.. just noticed your name on the online list.. glad to see u again... i still see overseas hope alls good n well for you :D
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited March 2004
    Yup still over seas
    My sentance ends july23rd
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited March 2004
    Decided to run all of my cables/wires behind the motherboard tray after my board came back from RMA. Airflow GOOOOD :)
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited March 2004
    Few more....
  • Trash80Trash80 Calgary, AB
    edited June 2004
    I've already posted pics of this rig before but thought I'd move some to the official sticky. Also changed the water cooling color and a couple of IDE cables. The first one is from LANageddon, close to 300 gamers were there.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    nice setup, how does that splitting the water between the cpu and gpu perform?
    edited June 2004
    It works excellent. In fact I am quite certain my flow rates improved, offsetting any increase in water temperature from the CPU and NB combined. I dont have any hard data but have seen testing that proves this is a better way to cool CPU, NB & GPU, rather than putting them inline.
    edited June 2004
    cool, i was thinking of doing that but wasnt sure how it would do.
  • TMOATMOA from guys like madmat
    edited August 2004
    Well here is my meeger submition to this thread :)

1.jpg
    2.jpg

I have more but thats one of the best ones i took of it :)
    edited August 2004
    looks pretty good man, nice work
    edited October 2004
    my current case
    Picture029.jpg
    Picture030.jpg
    Picture031.jpg
    edited October 2004
    please excuse the ****ty pics
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited October 2004
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']please excuse the ****ty pics

****ty pics nothing... :D Great lookin rig [V]AGIC :thumbsup:
    edited October 2004
    thanks
  • edited November 2004
    Anyone got a case that is a remote control car so you dotn have to carry it around??

that be :p
  • edited January 2005
    My cheep setup

DSC00412.JPG
    DSC00413.JPG
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited January 2005
    Dude, that looks exactly like the computer of one of my friends ... like, exactly it. Weird :p

This is mine. I have a new EL round IDE cable in there now, which looks purdy. I need to replace the fans on the PSU, though. They're too loud (and I hate the sound of fans...). The only thing I wish I could do is mod/buy 90* connectors for the SATA cable and power. It'd look so much better. I'd also like to figure something out with that damn mobo power cable, but there's not a lot I can do there...

It's not really a mod, I suppose, other than the cable management. But still. I wanted to post it anyways ;D
  • edited February 2005
    Here come my news case ... dream one ... :thumbsup:

Photo019a.jpg

Photo014a.jpg

Photo002a.jpg
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2005
    hm, i cant belive i havent put the ol' infiltrator in here

it got its name from the Infiltration mode in SOF2

inf1.jpg
    inf2.jpg
    inf3.jpg
    inf4.jpg
    inf5.jpg

the we had the hurricane come and hit VA and it died
    i ended up having to replace ALL of the parts in it
    now its got a p4 2.4, 512 mb of ram, a 9800 pro, 80gb sata hdd, linksys wireless G.

infnew1.jpg
    infnew2.jpg
    infnew3.jpg
    infnew4.jpg
    infnew5.jpg
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    not much
    edited February 2005
    and the body shot
    edited February 2005
    love the case, nice work on the side. looks great :)
    edited February 2005
    why thank you sir! It was fun
    edited March 2005
    Here's a more recent pic of this on going project.
  • davidpandersondavidpanderson Toronto, ON
    edited April 2005
    Oooooh, mods...freakin' awesome sweet rig Trash80 (and I thought that 3.0GHz was good :()...gotta love Magic's HL2 case as well...too bad I don't have a dig camera or I'd pic mine too...but see sig for the basics...tomorrow is all about getting her back up and running after another freakin' ICH5R meltdown (front panel USB related), and I'm putting in a CoolerMaster Hyper 48 heatpipe and fixing my cold cathode PS wires.
  • edited May 2005
    well here are some pics of my system, hopefuly now that im out of school i can work on it some more. I would like to clean up some cables, buy a couple new parts and some paint on the inside. Also does anyone remember who painted their case with a silver coat first then with a light blue coat over it, so it looked like blue metal? i remember i really liked that look and would like to read agian on how he did it. hopefully you guys remember what im talking about.
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2005
    My new PC, I call it Ammo Can. I carved it out of a mil. surplus 20mm ammo can. Hole saws for the fan openings, sabre saw for the straight lines, angle grinder for removing large amounts of material, and a dremel for fine detail work. Took a great deal of work to cut through all that steel, it's quite thick in places. In fact, the lid had a second layer of corrugated steel spot welded to it, I had to break each weld by hand and peel the metal off. Long, time consuming work. I could have left it, but it would have made mounting the DVD bracket more difficult.

Rig contains a DFI LanParty NF3 Ultra D mobo, AMD Athlon 3000+ 64 bit (yea, it's Folding) affixed to a slide out mobo tray taken from a cheap case. I drilled out the rivets that held the bottom rail into the original case and epoxy'd it into the ammo can. The mobo tray (with mobo attached) slides into the case and is held in place by the rail. Video card is just a BIT too wide, so I have to slide the mobo tray into the case, install the vid card, and slide it out just slightly to tighten the hex screw.

DVD is a 16X DL RW, and the bracket for it was also taken from the cheap case, and riveted to the lid of the ammo can.

HDD is a 160GB WD SATA drive, mounted to the side of the case with 2 screws (bottom mount). I wanted to use all 4 screws, but only 2 of them lined up when all was said and done. :mad: Electrical insulation between the case wall and the drive bottom is provided by two strips of duct tape (kinda ghetto, but I like to think it fits with the overall theme I got going here). Besides the tape is mostly hidden under the drive.

I am not completely done, as I need to install two military safety toggle switches (flip up covers) on the front for power and reset. I also need to dress/tie off/loom the internal wires. However, it is now up and running. Pictures below (sorry if they are too big/too many). Thank you.
    edited July 2005
    More pics of ammo can
    edited July 2005
    Still More pics of ammo can