Post your mods!

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    VERY nice - awesome job with the trim work :cool::cool:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    looks good as is, but it would look a bit better if you lost taht trim stuff and just filed teh edges flat and painted were you can see bare metal, then like paint the heads of some screws to match ur case and replace the thumb screws... just some ideas for the future :thumbsup:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']looks good as is, but it would look a bit better if you lost taht trim stuff and just filed teh edges flat and painted were you can see bare metal, then like paint the heads of some screws to match ur case and replace the thumb screws... just some ideas for the future :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was my original plan actually. The thumb screws were only supposed to be temporary as well. I was going to do some more work, including dremmling the center fan mounting tabs off the bix2. I've actually begun to contemplate going back to high-end air cooling, so I likely will not spend much more time on that rad.
    edited July 2005
    selling ur stuff?
  • tnvtnv
    edited July 2005
    I like my computers to be like my lyfe...clean and simple. Remove it if you don't need it, hide it if you do need it, and don't let too many wires show. So what do you think? tnv
    1.jpg 77.8K
    2.jpg 88.9K
    edited July 2005
    very clean and spiffy! specs?
    edited July 2005
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']selling ur stuff?

Most likely, I had a lot of fun with the h2o, but I miss the simplicity (and silence, my setup is bloody loud) of air-cooling. It's a real pain any time I want to work on my rig. The temperature decrease really did wonders with my AthlonXP system and 9800 pro, but I'm just not seeing any gains with my A64/X850.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    lemonlime wrote:
    I used case window mod rubber as the surround. Looks pretty good, and allows a lot of air out. Acts almost like a big blowhole. :D
    Where did you get that rubber trim from? I plan on doing something very similar to a case next week, and I like the look of that :thumbsup:

Hey Dragon, what kind of cases are those? They look pretty cool from the back end.
  • tnvtnv
    edited July 2005
    Case: Flower 201-b
    Board: Abit IC7-g Max 2
    Pro.: p4/3.2 )o/c'd of course
    Hard drives: 2 x WD "Raptor" Hardrives @74 Gig
    Video: Ati 9800pro/256
    Ram: 2x1 gig
    ...and some other stuff...tnv
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Where did you get that rubber trim from? I plan on doing something very similar to a case next week, and I like the look of that :thumbsup:

Got them from one of those auto aftermarket spares places. Sell oils/filters/tools/consumables. It supposed to fit on the sharp edges of doors.

Hey Dragon, what kind of cases are those? They look pretty cool from the back end.

Lian Li V1000. Love the case, not the fact they don't have a reset button. Just the on button.
    edited July 2005
    Looks pretty clean in there njnj :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:

Got it from bigfoot computers I believe. I basically bought a case side window kit (the one that comes with a pre-cut piece of plexi, and the surround, and I just cut the trim to size.
    edited August 2005
    Due to cpu running way too hot, made a bit of a mod.

2 fans.........1 for cpu, 1 for ram cooling as we're planning to o/c it.
    Used a couple of sprinkler surrounds as i had nothing else in the shed. :rolleyes:

Temp dropped by 10C. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    next 2.........
    edited August 2005
    next 2..........
    edited August 2005
    Last one is a bit shaky.
    edited August 2005
    what fans are those??

also i love the bottle of Vegemite - it just adds a cool touch to it:thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    Adda AD0812LB-A70GL. Came out of a brand new Lian Li case i picked up for a song. The guy had 3 Papst fans in it and gave me the Adda's.

They push 26.2cfm for 22.5db.

I put the second one in for ram cooling as we are throwing in a OCZ DDR ram booster which we have but never used as yet.

Thought i'd give it an Aussie touch, hence the Vegemite. :cool:
  • edited August 2005
    :D decided to test theory that as long as there is lots of air flow, you can garbage up the rest of the space . so there are 2 120 mm Silverstones blowing out the top, 1 Antec 120mm blowing out the back, the Antec PSU has its 2 fans blowing out, and there is 1 Antec 120mm sucking in through the front. the CPU fan is a 9bladed Silverstone.all fans have speed controls, but i have found that only the CPU fan has to be full power. all others are at lowest speed. then i added as much lights and uv sleeving as i could fit.
    so, at highest settings in Doom3 or Far Cry, the CPU temp is usually around 40 and the GPU is around 60. one strange thing- if all exhaust fans are maxed, CPU temp drops,and GPU temp rises. i believe that is because there is so much CFM going out those 120 mm exhausts, that the GPU cooler(Arctic) can't force air out! i actually get to have a fairly quiet rig. ambient is around 22, idle- both CPU and GPU 30-32, normal useboth in upper 30's. i kind of like the cluttered look, and at night i can play games with no room lights, just the comps. lights :p
  • edited August 2005
    forgot to include specs:
    AMD FX-53
    Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 mobo
    ATI RADEON X800XT PE
    2 G Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200XLPRO
    160 G Seagate SATA 7200 HDD(others not presently hooked up)
    Antec 550W True power PSU
    Antec P160WF case
    NEC 3500A DVD R/W
    HP dvd420i DVD R/W

also, some stuff is a work in progress- changing SATA cable to UV, and finishing modded light controller and fan controler on front(notice white tape reminders) which will still be there in the fall!
    added pic of case top showing 2 120mm blwholes
    edited August 2005
    :scratch: :shakehead :hrm::whatever:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    The UV stuff looks good :thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    ITS BURNS IT BURNS US, clean up those wires man... then itll be pretty sweet, ya the uv looks good :thumbsup:
    :scratch: :shakehead :hrm::whatever:
    it helps if you criticize with words guy
  • edited August 2005
    actually,my plan WAS to not clean it up, and see how the cooling went. so far , so good. i like seeing the spaghetti light up at night, while playing games. some day i may tuck it all back and tie it up, but not for now.
    i'll also show my eBay comp. all hardware bought off eBay. hardware also almst identical to clutter case.all modding stuff was leftovers from first.(kinda got carried away buying stuff)picture blurry because i moved camera slightly. :shakehead
  • tnvtnv
    edited August 2005
    Not so much a mod, as a un-mod(?) of my computer. Started to take out anything I didn't need, then anything I could. Finally I was hiding everything leftover. Now there's more not there then there is there (?) tnv
    1.jpg 42.3K
    2.jpg 47.2K
  • tnvtnv
    edited August 2005
    Another view...tnv
    3.jpg 36.7K
    4.jpg 46.1K
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    That is a sa-weet wiring job, dude! :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    edited August 2005
    System 1, Front View (never did get the courage to paint the optical drives' and floppy drive's front plate)
    edited August 2005