Post your mods!

Comments

• MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Wow keto you are totally into being Canadian, didn't really know there were proud Canadians.

Nice mod job though.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Thats a very good idea Keto. IF my rad is to be modded into the top, i will have a couple of inch of tube before the intake of the rad connected with a "Y" so that any air gets up there instead of the rad. I need to start digging holes on the plate of the MB first though. Extra caps underneath the MB makes it impossible to mount.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited August 2003
    Schweet rig there Keto :)

The Maple Leaf Forever! :D
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2003
    This one hell of a thread!

Great work Guys!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • OuttherOutther Alabamee where family trees dont fork
    edited August 2003
    I think I am a natural at modding . This is a pic of the first ever window modded PSU. Its over a year old now.
    LinkPhoto?GUID=64e0325a-35d0-6de6-64cd-1ca351012916&size=lg

it went into this oldschool AT PC
    LinkPhoto?GUID=22b95240-13be-5009-6be3-adb05ab73f52&size=lg
    Keto might remember this one ;)

I got such a demand for a how to guide on the PSU mod I did a guide and produced the second modded PSU
    LinkPhoto?GUID=ee935dea-340d-687e-29b4-2914643c31e4&size=lg

It went into this box LinkPhoto?GUID=71035198-4256-643b-ed86-116f675ed59a&size=lg

I then ditched the window and created this PSU mod LinkPhoto?GUID=71e45dff-f801-5984-1463-7f5721dabc5c&size=lg

It went into this box LinkPhoto?GUID=7e1e7ab7-168f-7419-6e4c-43e64fbd2f23&size=lg

I them focused on the CPU fan and thought I could mod it too. I took a standard 80MM fan and 80 to 60MM fan adapter and melded them into one and UVed um. LinkPhoto?GUID=3e7b7673-48bc-2453-62b2-411c1a322d88&size=lg

Hear is another look. LinkPhoto?GUID=2eda55f8-3a98-6344-517a-1fac1968973c&size=lg
    I got alot of guid buzz on this too

WEEEE LinkPhoto?GUID=3612340b-6a17-6fce-517a-14e4463c1786&size=lg

There is more but I think the other 56Kers like my self will be glad I stopped hear. Thanks:mullet:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    damn... very nice. All i've done is stealthed my drives
  • OuttherOutther Alabamee where family trees dont fork
    edited August 2003
    shwaip said
    damn... very nice. All i've done is stealthed my drives

It starts with something small then you get sucked into this MOD vortex and everything becomes a how do I hod that idea.

Just keep modding even when you think all has been done! I did the moulded fan mod. It was later labeled the BBQ FAN MOD :D It kinda looks like BBQ in the first PIC. Just think outside the box. I still have a few to share like my CPU DIE backside cooling!
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    hey out...what did u use for ur psu??? looms or what?
  • edited October 2003
    Hi guys, my second post here =] Anyway, here's my rig.

XP 1800 DLT3C JIUHB @ 2.1 (200x10.5 1.7v)
    SLK 800u w/ TT smartfan2 @ max rpm
    2x256 corsair xms pc3200 @2.8v (it sucks =[)
    Abit NF7-S v2 lapped nb + copper cooler, passive cooled sb
    BBAti Radeon 9800pro @ 415/375 atm.
    Antec Truepower 480w psu, wire loomed
    Kingwin case that looks like a lian-li pc60ish series (can't remember model)
    Vantec nexus fan controller controller controller 6 of the 9 fans in the case.
    1 WD 120gb , 1 WD 180gb both special additions.

yea my camera sucks and i need to deal with wires and get a black faced cdrw (the white one you see is a little.. iffy =]

front-angle.jpg?BCMN5h_AE55l5EiZ

outside.jpg?BCMN5h_A56DDPO1o

inside.jpg?BCMN5h_ARNj4CRMy
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    oooh...the good old red - x mod ;)

you can upload the pix to S-M if you want. That's what the attachment box is for :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Forgot to tell you in the other thread, phast_wun; welcome to Short-Media! As you can tell from shwaip's post, we're a sarcastic bunch! ;)
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited October 2003
    I've sent side panels off to the big laser cutters to do designs. Aluminum cuts like butter...steel has a tendancy to melt during the finer cuts.

I also have enough neon in my PC cases to make it look like the Las Vegas Strip...just missing the hookers.

I've always had a hankering to put a PC into a stereo receiver unit. I think that may be my winter project to figure out how to make the buttons, volume knob, treble, bass etc work the audio and other such features.

I've seen Deathstar's monstrosity before. I remember it when it was being built, rebuilt, cabled etc. Deathstar knows forum life well.

Glad to have you here!
  • edited November 2003
    Here's a shot of my box all lit up...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    madmat had this to say
    Here's a shot of my box all lit up...
    That's an impressive sight there, mad - very clean wiring. Nice looking stack of drives, too.

:thumbsup::respect:
  • edited November 2003
    Thanks, the HDD's are 2x120 gig WD SATA drives and the opticals at the top are both Samsungs; a 52x24x52 cdrw and a 16x dvdrom drive, both black.
    I spent a couple hours finangling the wiring but it's not the snazzy expandable sleeving stuff as I can't get it locally and I don't have a C.C. to buy it online.
  • polarys425polarys425 Harrisonburg, VA
    edited November 2003
    well i finally finished the shroud that covers my radiator, it went from this...........
    edited November 2003
    to this.............
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited November 2003
    polarys425, nice rig ya got there! :thumbsup:
    Im a big fan of the chromed out look. A little DVD drive stealthing would really top that box off. Put on your modding hat and make it happen! :D
    Nice work!
    edited November 2003
    paroxym had this to say
    polarys425, nice rig ya got there! :thumbsup:
    Im a big fan of the chromed out look. A little DVD drive stealthing would really top that box off. Put on your modding hat and make it happen! :D
    Nice work!

thanks... the shroud is made from acrylic sheet. painted to match.

stealthing goes like this.....

the lite-on cdrw is showing, the DVD writer is stealthed...

as is the floppy is stealthed.
    edited November 2003
    more.....
    edited November 2003
    more.......
    edited November 2003
    im working on changing my floppy mod however. the door for the floppy will soon be mechanized so that it opens itself. just waitin for UPS to bring me the parts to make it happen.

oh yeah, that lite-on dvd drive in that one pic was just in there temporary. its now in another machine.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited November 2003
    WOW... :respect:
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Now if I could just eat my own words and get something of the same calibre done to my case. :p
    Keep it up and keep us posted polarys.
    edited November 2003
    paroxym had this to say
    WOW... :respect:
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Now if I could just eat my own words and get something of the same calibre done to my case. :p
    Keep it up and keep us posted polarys.

when ever my stuff gets here, im gonna change that floppy mod and use either a servo or a solenoid to operate the door on it. i have a few ideas on how to do it, the only thing i havent totally ironed out is how to control or actuate it.

with the solenoid, i thought of maybe using a reed switch which is magnet activated, and then maybe mount a override somewhere in case im ever without a magnet....

ive also wondered if theres a way to run it via the serial port, and have some little proggy to do it.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    oh ya the computer
    1.jpg 31.8K
    2.jpg 32.6K
    3.jpg 47.3K
    5.jpg 37.8K
  • KaluMinatiKaluMinati Calgary Alberta Canada
    edited March 2004
    u guys have some decent set ups.. sup Keto... figured i register here .. miss harassing u man :P glad to see your AOpen is still alive and well.. anywho.. heres a shot of my rig... its been beaten up pretty bad over the past year due to 2 moves and lack of proper transport, im working on a new case but its been a pain to get the time to work on it

dsktop.jpg
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited March 2004
    Maybe this belongs in the Babe Thread. :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Maybe this belongs in the Babe Thread. :D
    I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who used the zoom feature on that post.

I've heard tell that there is even a computer somewhere in that picture. :vimp:
  • KaluMinatiKaluMinati Calgary Alberta Canada
    edited March 2004
    u dirty dirty buggers... u should see my wallpaper :rockon: